What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Kyle Pitts, ATL (1 Viewer)

Kyle Pitts caught 7-of-8 targets for 163 yards in the Falcons' Week 7 win over the Dolphins. 

Pitts has now bookended the Falcons' Week 6 bye with the first 100-yard games of his career, looking every bit like a "generational" talent up the seam after getting off to a slow start. His receptions today went for 23, 13, 39, 26, 11, 23 and 28 yards, the final of which came with Xavien Howard draped all over him along the sideline. Pitts' best grab came in the dying moments of the first half, where he made a one-handed, 39-yard snag as he was being interfered with by Eric Rowe. The penalty was called and declined. Pitts was simply a man amongst boys, with the only disappointment being he didn't get more targets. Starting to look like one of the most dangerous players in fantasy football, Pitts will be a top-three option for Week 8 against the Saints.  

Oct 24, 2021, 4:18 PM ET

I know, isn't it awesome? 
FTR: 2Tight Ends, started Gesicki and Flex-Pitts or if you want to reverse that but same idea. I have been looking for that Flex option most weeks and usually come up short. 

Should be noted that Ridley seemed off and I wouldn't assume we see this all the time from Pitts but vs Miami it seems everyone is having career days. 

He looked sensational schooling Rowe, Holland, Jones, Howard on final drive, Just about everyone we tried to cover him with. 

:hifive:

I was at the game yesterday and, since he's my starting TE in my main money league, I made a point of watching him on just about every snap. My two main observations:

• I don't think I saw him line up as an inline TE even once. He was mostly in the slot, occasionally out wide.
  • His two big catches -- the one-hander at the end of the half and the one on the game-winning drive -- were basically just lining him out wide against a CB and Ryan chucking it down the sideline and hoping he would make a play. (Narrator voice: He did)
BTW, Nate Tice had a great line on The Athletic football podcast today: Who would have guessed coming into the season that Atlanta's two best WRs would be their TE and RB?

"It was another big game for Pitts in Week 7. The rookie tight end hauled in 7-of-8 targets for 163 yards against Miami. Over his last two games, Pitts has run a route on 71 of 91 Matt Ryan dropbacks. Of the 96 snaps he has played, 76 of them have come out wide or in the slot. This is fantastic usage for a player who is now living up to the preseason hype. The 21-year-old is now averaging more PPR points per game than Darren Waller."

https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/10/fantasy-football-buy-sell-hold-picks-week-8-2021/

These route stats are really encouraging.  They are even moreso because the less he plays in-line, the less he has to throw his body against giant linemen and possibly get hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Dynasty owner I'm thrilled with the last two weeks. We're seeing what he's capable of and that the team is finally making him a priority. Granted it was the Jets and the Dolphins. As happy as I am to see it I am not claiming total victory until I see how the next 4 weeks go. He's got some tougher matchups on the horizon with the Panthers, Saints, Cowboys and Pats so it'll be interesting to see. 

I was starting to think I made a mistake taking him over Hockenson in the 6th round.  Feeling better after this last 2 games.

Week 8 Fantasy Football Stats: Chargers' run D holding Justin Herbert back?

Excerpt:

Kyle Pitts is averaging 127 air yards per game the last 3 weeks

No other tight end is over 100 in that span. Remember when we called him a unicorn? There you go.

Pitts has taken 39 snaps in the slot, 24 out-wide and just 10 as a traditional in-line tight end in his previous two games, per PFF. The usage here is just about perfect.

I am ready to bump Kyle Pitts into the TE2 spot in rest-of-season rankings. I’m not ready to put him over Travis Kelce … but I’m ready to talk about it; I haven’t pulled the car into the garage but I have it running in the driveway. The usage and deployment for Pitts is that good.

On the Yahoo Fantasy Football Forecast, Dalton Del Don and I kicked around the idea of checking in on the Kyle Pitts manager in your league if you have Kelce. Try and grab Pitts plus one more usable weekly piece. You’re getting two for one and the tight end “downgrade” might not be one at all.

I mean if people need help I could provide screenshots where he is getting points in boxscores in the TE or FLEX positions. He is not actually eligible to do so in the WR spots. The software prevents it. 

It kind of seems like some people aren't getting that. If the "Jimmy Graham petitioning the NFL to desk audit his TE status and change him to a WR" didn't work out then why would Pitts?

He is a TE.

In a WR body running WR routes. 

It is kind of magical and I love it. I hope it lasts for like 15 years. 

I will say it again. The only rookie TE comp that ever made sense was Ditka. From a purely draft capital point of view. None of the other 1st round TEs that get mentioned got picked quite as high or as exclusively relative to other positions as Ditka and Pitts. 

Before the first defensive player and before the first non QB. Nobody else can say that not even Ditka and it is a tier that doesn't include Vernon Davis or Ebron or Shockey or Hockenson or any of those other guys.

Thank me now for his 4 for 48 game coming now that I typed all this hype.

I mean if people need help I could provide screenshots where he is getting points in boxscores in the TE or FLEX positions. He is not actually eligible to do so in the WR spots. The software prevents it. 
Depends on your league settings.  On ESPN, flex means RB or WR, not TE.  We switched last year so that WR and TE are now the same position, so you could start 3 WR or 3 TE in those slots if you wanted to.  But you still can't put a TE into your flex spot.

A couple years ago I drafted Kittle and picked up Waller as he started to break out.  I could never start both, I couldn't swing a trade that made sense for both teams, and no way was I going to drop one of them.  It was quite frustrating.

themeistersinger said:
Depends on your league settings.  On ESPN, flex means RB or WR, not TE.  We switched last year so that WR and TE are now the same position, so you could start 3 WR or 3 TE in those slots if you wanted to.  But you still can't put a TE into your flex spot.

A couple years ago I drafted Kittle and picked up Waller as he started to break out.  I could never start both, I couldn't swing a trade that made sense for both teams, and no way was I going to drop one of them.  It was quite frustrating.
It does depend on settings but I've been putting TEs in flex spots on ESPN for 15+ years. 

I just used Pitts and Gesicki in an ESPN league last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
themeistersinger said:

Criminy.

Tell your commish to move on from compact discs, and while he's at it, sort out his league. 

1.5 PPR for TE dynasty league and STILL got him at 3...

tho shouldnt be surprised, based on how many saw him pre-NFL.... tbf, I wouldve hesitated quite a bit between he and Chase. But even as good as I think he is, was NO way I was taking harris ahead of pitts

Kyle Pitts said that his Week 8 role against Carolina didn’t change, but "he saw more people over the top of him Sunday."

That extra defensive attention, per ESPN's Michael Rothstein, usually goes to Calvin Ridley, who sat out Sunday and will remain out indefinitely while he deals with mental health issues. Pitts, who ran a route on 30 of Matt Ryan's 31 drop backs against the Panthers, ended with 13 yards on two grabs -- a stunningly meager stat line against a Carolina defense that had been generous to tight ends all season. No tight end in Week 8 ran more routes (14) from the outside than Pitts did against Carolina. Pitts' down day could be explained by the Falcons' inability to game plan for Ridley's absence. When Ridley sat out in Week 5 for personal reasons, Pitts broke out for nine catches, 119 yards, and a touchdown. Pitts and Cordarrelle Patterson should be the centerpieces of the Atlanta offense for as long as Ridley remains out. 

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Nov 1, 2021, 8:38 AM ET

For those that watched, was it over top coverage + Gilmore shadowing?   13 yds. ----oof
It was. They had two-three guys on him at times. It was clear that the Panthers had planned for him, while the Falcons had planned for Ridley to be in there. ATL pass game was pretty bad all around yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread