What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Isaiah Likely, BAL (1 Viewer)

Isaiah Likely caught 1-of-5 targets for a 24-yard touchdown in the Ravens' Week 9 win over the Saints.​

With Mark Andrews (shoulder, knee) inactive, Likely got the start and led the team with five targets. He kicked off the scoring with a 24-yard touchdown on a floater from Lamar Jackson in the first quarter and looked well on his way to a big game. But Jackson later overshot Likely on one pass before Likely late botched a red-zone target that nearly ended in an interception. Likely still led the team in receiving with his 24 yards on a night Jackson threw for just 133 on 12-of-22 passing. Andrews should be back for Week 11 against the Panthers when Baltimore comes out of its bye.
Nov 7, 2022, 11:27 PM ET

W/ a bye week and for those who didn't handcuff him, Likely may have been dropped.

W/ the uncertainty of Andrews, would the better option be the snag Likely for the handcuff or roll w/ the likes of Hayden Hurt or Kmet?

Of note I have Burrow so perhaps the stack w/ Hurst? I rolled w/ the Kmet (bye week fill in) and seems like he's getting more looks the last few weeks but I have not paid too close attention to the Bears? If I can't snag Likely or Hurst, I guess I'll have to keep Kmet in case Andrews is out again or longer...

So basically, Likely or Hurst?

Thanks for the opinions and feedback.

W/ a bye week and for those who didn't handcuff him, Likely may have been dropped.

W/ the uncertainty of Andrews, would the better option be the snag Likely for the handcuff or roll w/ the likes of Hayden Hurt or Kmet?

Of note I have Burrow so perhaps the stack w/ Hurst? I rolled w/ the Kmet (bye week fill in) and seems like he's getting more looks the last few weeks but I have not paid too close attention to the Bears? If I can't snag Likely or Hurst, I guess I'll have to keep Kmet in case Andrews is out again or longer...

I haven't seen Hurst, but Kmet is breaking out now.

I haven't seen Hurst, but Kmet is breaking out now.

Bumping for some expert feedback and advice :-). Thank You

Remember how much buzz this guy had last preseason? Weird that it's a ghost town here now. Does he exist or was it a mass delusion?

Remember how much buzz this guy had last preseason? Weird that it's a ghost town here now. Does he exist or was it a mass delusion?

Unfortunately, I think most are resigned to the fact that as long as Andrews is healthy he really doesn't have much of a path to production.

Unfortunately, I think most are resigned to the fact that as long as Andrews is healthy he really doesn't have much of a path to production.
I guess I just wonder where that obvious thought process was last year? Rookie hysteria?

I guess I just wonder where that obvious thought process was last year? Rookie hysteria?

Probably that the WR position was really thin so maybe he could carve out a role...with Flowers, OBJ and a healthy Bateman it is gonna be really tough to be relevant.

Probably that the WR position was really thin so maybe he could carve out a role...with Flowers, OBJ and a healthy Bateman it is gonna be really tough to be relevant.
That does make sense

That does make sense

It's too bad because it would be interesting to see what he could do in a different situation without such a good TE in front of him.

That does make sense

It's too bad because it would be interesting to see what he could do in a different situation without such a good TE in front of him.
Yep, would be real interesting to see him with the Jets or Chargers.

That does make sense

Yep, would be real interesting to see him with the Jets or Chargers.

Agreed...I would love him on the Pats.

I have him in 2 of 3 leagues and will hold. He had a heck of a game when Andrews was out. It sucks he takes up a roster spot with no real chance to start him, but I like what I saw from him in limited action.

Probably a good time to check in on the Mandrews owner if you're tired of tying up the roster spot. However, I'm not sure why anyone in dynasty would use a roster spot on Likely in the first place if they weren't prepared for a long wait.

I get the temptation to free up the roster spot, but I went to pretty great lengths to keep this guy protected. He has shown enough when given the opportunity. If he gets more opportunity and doesn't show, then it will be time to move on. Footballers were just talking about how much talent Likely has. Always good for the herd's valuation, but more likely the Andrews owner.

It's likely that Likely will be better than last year, when he was surprisingly good. But the Ravens have more pass-catching options (Flowers, OBJ) than they had last year, so Andrews might not be as difficult for them to replace as he was last year. Likely being targeted as much as he was last year when Andrews was out? Is that likely?

I’d start Likely over a Schultz or Everett or Juwan Johnson, but not over a Freiermuth or Pitts or Njoku. There are only about ten TEs I’d start over Likely tomorrow.
Think likely is a must start and vaults ahead of pat and Evan engram. Those guys are also questionable target share and crowded offense but likely has a chance of popping off vs them

It's likely that Likely will be better than last year, when he was surprisingly good. But the Ravens have more pass-catching options (Flowers, OBJ) than they had last year, so Andrews might not be as difficult for them to replace as he was last year. Likely being targeted as much as he was last year when Andrews was out? Is that likely?
I’m just hoping rookie factor keeps Flowers at few targets, unreliable washed up diva factor keeps OBJ a non factor, Rashod Bateman continues on his bust trajectory, Lamar’s tendency to target TEs emerges, and the fact that Andrews has been out for long enough for Likely to have been running with the 1’s at practice for a good string of days…makes it likely.

I have likely in one league. Im starting my TE1.

I could pick him up in another league, but I have Hock.

In yet another league imma stick with JuJohn.

I don’t see HOU putting up enough points to force Baltimore into a pass happy offense today. Plus Monken might want to show off his shiny new WR trio.

Week 1 I try not to get cute with my lineup. Often leads to subpar numbers.

I don’t see HOU putting up enough points to force Baltimore into a pass happy offense today. Plus Monken might want to show off his shiny new WR trio.

Blocking your league mates might still a good move though

Blocking your league mates might still a good move though
It’s week 1. I have no one I want to drop for him in my redraft leagues.

I had the option to pivot to Likely and decided to go Gerald Everett, I believe rain is in the forecast for this game and I expect it to feature the RBs more in a very winnable game.

I could drop Elijah Mitchell and start Likely over Freirmuth but probably passing for one week.

FBG still has Likely as TE29 in DD. Only one staff member has updated his projections 12 hours later.

I could drop Elijah Mitchell and start Likely over Freirmuth but probably passing for one week.

FBG still has Likely as TE29 in DD. Only one staff member has updated his projections 12 hours later.
He’s going to keep rising in the rankings all morning. Bloom just moved him up to #3 TE.
Now TE20 but unless MT updates his he won’t. Maybe I should change from consensus to just two who updated.

Last edited:
Deciding between Pitts, Kincaid, and Likely with Pitts currently penciled in. With my opponent starting Allen at QB, each has his own benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread