What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (3 Viewers)

George Kittle caught 8-of-10 targets for 83 yards in the 49ers' Week 6 loss to the Falcons.

It could have been a bigger day for Kittle, who had a chance to score a TD if he had gone to the corner of the end zone on a scramble drill in the fourth quarter. However, Kittle flattened out his route and Garoppolo was unable to connect with him for the score. Kittle could have also had a worse game, with three of his receptions and 30 of his yards coming on a meaningless final drive. Perhaps Kittle can deliver a spike week when the 49ers take on the Chiefs in Week 7.

- NBCSportsEDGE

George Kittle caught 6-of-9 targets for 98 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers' Week 7 loss to the Chiefs.

Kittle now has 14 receptions over his past two games thanks to the Niners being forced into pass-heavy game scripts. This is just a glimpse of what Kittle could do in a modernized NFL offense designed to maximize yards and points. Alas, Kittle's routes and targets will be limited most weeks while the Niners try to operate a run-heavy offense that will likely be centered on newly-acquired Christian McCaffrey. Kittle is, however, running a pass route on almost every Jimmy G drop back. Kittle will be a volatile top-10 fantasy option next week against the Rams.

- NBCSportsEDGE

George Kittle caught 1-of-2 targets for 21 yards in the 49ers' Week 10 win over the Chargers.​

The offensive game plan was clear from the start for the 49ers - pound the football against a battered and torn defensive front, and pound they did. The 41 total rush attempts dwarfed the 28 pass attempts thrown by quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, which meant Kittle was primarily utilized as a blocker. That said, he combined with left tackle Trent Williams to open up massive holes along the left side of the line all night, willing San Francisco to a victory in the process. Kittle's talent is undeniable as arguably the top overall tight end in the league, but the lack of volume has left fantasy managers scrambling to decide what to do with the Pro Bowl tight end as trade deadlines approach.
Nov 14, 2022, 12:29 AM ET

George Kittle caught 4-of-6 targets for 84 yards and two touchdowns in the 49ers' Week 11 win over the Cardinals.​

Kittle wasn't needed for heavy volume but still dismantled the sieve-like Cardinals defense on his way to leading the team in receiving. The day started shaky for Garoppolo when targeting Kittle as he threw his first pass his way to the towering tight end's feet, but the two eventually hooked up for two touchdowns of 32 yards or more. Kittle remains the most dynamic tight end in the league but has recently been held down by a lack of volume, which remained the case in Week 11. Consider Kittle a top-tier TE1 for the remainder of the season, albeit with a lower weekly floor than the other top six at the position.
Nov 21, 2022, 11:38 PM ET

Can’t stand this guy.

I take it you benched him? Who do you have that is better to play ahead of him?

Edit to add - I guess you could have played against him also.
Lol oh I benched him. After last week’s stinker of only 2 targets, I took a chance on Likely. It is possible the “this guy” in my post was not Kittle, but me.

But he is one of the more frustrating players. I love his high ceiling but hate how low is floor is.

But damn is he fun to watch. Love his attitude.

Can’t stand this guy.

I take it you benched him? Who do you have that is better to play ahead of him?

Edit to add - I guess you could have played against him also.
With the Goedert injury only Kelce, Andrews and maybe Hock (and that's a stretch) are worth starting over Kittle. The TE position is so terrible this year worst that I can ever remember.

As a Kittle, Goedert, and Pitts owner across leagues, I agree. I've seen in my boxscores what is out there in the Goedert and Pitts leagues. That's why I don't even try to improve on Kittle. :lol:

George Kittle caught 4-of-5 targets for 93 yards and two touchdowns in the 49ers' Week 15 win over the Seahawks.​

Held to 76 scoreless yards over his past three appearances, Kittle finally re-emerged with Deebo Samuel on the shelf, though the five targets still left something to be desired. Kittle's scores were the difference in a 21-13 game, coming from 28 and 54 yards out. For the first, fill-in rookie QB Brock Purdy used two fakes to free Kittle over the middle of the field. For the second, Kittle got free on a coverage bust before shedding multiple tackles for the house call. Both touchdowns featured no shortage of yards after the catch. It's a reminder of the uncommon things Kittle can do from the tight end position, but we wouldn't expect any greater usage going forward. The Niners are trying to hide Purdy, and they need Kittle's blocking in the running game. The Commanders will be a tougher defensive test than Seattle for Week 16 on Christmas Eve.
Dec 15, 2022, 11:18 PM ET

George Kittle caught 6-of-8 targets for 120 yards and two touchdowns in the 49ers' Week 16 win over the Commanders.​

Kittle displayed his play-making prowess with a pair of scores from more than 30 yards out. It was also another strong showing of his YAC dominance. He led the team in targets and has come to life as a replacement for Deebo Samuel's production. Over the past two weeks, Kittle has 223 yards and four scores. He appears to have a stranglehold on the TE2 overall ranking heading into the final week of the fantasy season.
Dec 24, 2022, 7:34 PM ET

George Kittle caught 5-of-5 targets for 95 yards in San Francisco's Divisional Round win over the Cowboys.​

Dallas only really gave the 49ers box-out balls, slants, and passes over the middle in this one. Brock Purdy pounded the middle of the field for 125 of his 214 yards, and Kittle was the main character as he tipped a high ball to himself to key San Francisco's only touchdown drive of the game with a 30-yard catch. He was also held on what looked to be a touchdown catch waiting to happen near the goal line to set the table for Christian McCaffrey. Kittle's high-ceiling play will make him a potentially profitable DFS play in the NFC Championship game against the Eagles.
Jan 22, 2023, 10:29 PM ET

George Kittle caught 3-of-4 targets for 32 yards in the 49ers' NFC Championship Game loss to the Eagles, adding a four-yard rush.​

With Brock Purdy injured minutes into the game, the 49ers' offense went off the rails, derailing Kittle's touch opportunities. Although Kittle continued to struggle with injury in 2022 and had long fallow stretches under limited starter Jimmy Garoppolo, he reached double-digit scores (11) for the first time in his career and finally took back off as a compiler after Purdy replaced Garoppolo under center. Excellent, though Kittle's usage concerns will remain for 2023. It should be dual-threat Trey Lance back at quarterback for Week 1, and that will again put Kittle's blocking ability front and center. Awesome for the 49ers, not so much for fantasy managers. The oft-injured seam stretcher also turns 30 in October. He will be a moderate-risk, high-reward TE1 in fantasy.
Jan 29, 2023, 6:36 PM ET

Kittle goes Austin Powers in New Chubbies ad

Dudes a nut. :lol:

Any thoughts on prospective target share here?
He averaged 4 catches a game with Purdy, but he scored 7 of his 11 reg season TDs in the last 4 weeks. Purdy understands what a great red zone target Kittle is. I don't see him having 80+ catches but double digit TDs are likely IMO.
I'm a little on the other side of this, where I think Kittle's late season explosion was possibly less about Purdy, and more about no Deebo. Other than the Falcons and Chiefs games were SF was down big early, Kittle saw more targets than he had in any game of the season.

I like Kittle just fine in round 6, but he's probably the 4th 49er on my board (could argue Kittle v Aiyuk) and I'm kind of the belief the pendulum has once again swung too far on Deebo, and he's the real value here.

I think 70-800-8 is probably about where I am with Kittle, which is between his 2022 and 2021 numbers.

49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said George Kittle is dealing with an adductor strain and will be sidelined for about a week.
Assuming Kittle’s recovery fits within Shanahan’s timeline, the veteran tight end should be ready to go well ahead of the team’s Week 1 matchup against the Steelers. Injuries have plagued Kittle in recent years, but when healthy, he remains one of the better tight ends in fantasy. For now, we’ll assume this injury is of little to no concern for his 2023 outlook.

CMC, Aiyuk, Purdy, Kittle, and Deebo played 5 games together. Week 13, 14, 17, 18, DP. I took those 5 games and extrapolated them to 17 for all 5 players. Small sample size, take everything with a grain of salt.

Purdy: 316/465 3804 yards, 34TD, 3INT. (Some rushing but who cares)
CMC: 224/1305/7 + 88/71/635/14 = 22.8PPG, 388 Total (RB1, RB1)
Kittle: 71/58/717/7 = 10PPG, 170 Total (TE9, TE5)
Deebo: 116/75/1016/3 + 54/248/3 = 14.2PPG, 242 Total (WR21, WR13)
Aiyuk: 88/54/887/3 = 9.6PPG, 163 Total (WR55 , WR42)

Because of this disparity, I did 1 more comparison.
Deebo and Kittle played 14 games together.
In those games Kittle averaged:
5/3.7/46/.35 = 10.6PPG
17 game pace of 86/64/794/6 = 181 Fantasy Points.

In the 4 games Deebo was NOT on the field Kittle averaged:
6.5/4.25/69/1.5 = 20PPG
17 game pave of 110/72/1169/25 = 342 Fantasy Points.

Obviously, this is only a 4 game sample and it's EXTREMELY weighted by TDs... but the targets, catches, and yards are all significantly different as well.

Not sure if there's anything of substance given the sample sizes available to us, but... that's what's available to us.

Purdy threw 13 TD passes. 7 of them went to Kittle, but 6 of those 7 occured when Deebo was not playing.

Obviously, huge grain of salt given the sample size.

Last edited:
Not sure if there's anything of substance given the sample sizes available to us, but... that's what's available to us.

I glean two thoughts, if the limited sample predicts anything...

1. Purdy is severely underrated in SF/QB2 leagues, if he is healthy and keeps up even close a pace.
2. Aiyuk is the apple-cart upsetter, if there is one here, due to continued progression - the rest are who they are.

George Kittle (leg) did not practice on Monday.

Kittle was diagnosed with an adductor strain in mid-August, and was expected to miss about a week per head coach Kyle Shanahan. Kittle reportedly worked off on the side field with other injured players, but we’ll have a better idea of his Week 1 status when the team releases its first injury report on Wednesday.

Managed to get in a practice today for the first time in weeks
Get used to checking the injury report with Kittle, this is the first year in some time I don't have a share of him anywhere.

The guy is as much of a gamer as there is, so you know he'll be out there unless it's particularly bad. How effective he'll be though is up for debate.

George Kittle caught 3-of-6 targets for 19 yards in the 49ers’ Week 1 win over the Steelers.

Kittle converted a fourth down on the 49ers’ tone-setting opening drive but otherwise took a backseat to Brandon Aiyuk in the passing game. He was the recipient of an end zone target that ended up going in the books as a dead play due to penalty. He didn’t catch the target, anyways. He thankfully appeared to avoid setbacks with his groin issue. By now, fantasy managers know the Kittle deal. His weekly ceiling is as high as any tight end’s in football, but the floor is so frustratingly low. He gets the Rams for Week 2.

- Rotoworld

I think he is getting my bench for the forseeable. Been trying to trade him for 2 years but couldnt get anything close to making it worthwhile. I have Kmet and LaPorta behind him and think I will ride them and trade Kittle for what I can get after he explodes. I'm done with this.

underwhelming start but he was coming off a serious groin injury - I am just happy he didnt have a set back - better days ahead. Id consider this a buying window with TE being a wasteland

7/90 off of 9 targets. TE is a wasteland this year outside of Andrews and Kelce (who have both missed a game each already) and maybe Hockenson. So if you have Kittle on your team, you'll feel pleased at the statline, i'm just not sure he'll be a consistent part of their offense. Can't bench the guy though, always likely to have a big game.

Users who are viewing this thread