What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Donald Parham, LAC (1 Viewer)

Donald Parham caught 4-of-5 targets for 38 yards in the Chargers' Week 11 win over the Steelers.

Five targets marked a new season-high for Parham. Jared Cook also had five targets. Parham has played behind Cook all season, but he has made it more of a split as the season has progressed. Still, the second-year tight end isn't a reliable option for fantasy purposes. Leave him on the waiver wire for now.

Nov 21, 2021, 11:53 PM ET

Chargers TE Donald Parham was forced from Los Angeles' Week 15 game against the Chiefs with a head injury and will not return. 

He was transported to the hospital for further evaluation. Laid out trying to make a catch on fourth down in the end zone, Parham's head smashed into the turf in horrifying fashion. He immediately went into the fencing position and appeared to be out cold. He was eventually back-boarded and carted off. Parham was moving his hands. This one of the toughest injuries of the season to witness. There is a strong chance Parham's 2021 is through. 

Dec 16, 2021, 8:32 PM ET

Chargers TE Donald Parham will remain at the UCLA medical center on Thursday evening and undergo "tests, imaging and evaluation for a head injury."

That was the extent of the Chargers' update. Hopefully Friday brings good news. It is unlikely that Parham plays football again this season. 

SOURCE: Chargers on Twitter 

Dec 17, 2021, 1:11 AM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
So far the only other update is that he is in stable condition which, while better than the alternative, isn’t all that telling/comforting. The fact that they haven’t described him as awake and aware, or said he has feeling/movement in extremities, etc is very worrisome IMO.

So far the only other update is that he is in stable condition which, while better than the alternative, isn’t all that telling/comforting. The fact that they haven’t described him as awake and aware, or said he has feeling/movement in extremities, etc is very worrisome IMO.
My first thought, too. Stable is not a good designation. Cognizant, awake, any of those are better than stable. Saying a prayer for Parham. 

Yea if he’s not yet awake and aware, they wouldn’t say so. Very general statement. Hopefully today we get some better definitive news.

Brian Sutteter, MD with a good description of the "fencing" response that occurred with Parham. It's part of a primitive reflex to protect the brain during a fall that develops in the womb. The shaking was also due to the concussion not cold and could reflect many different issues.

https://youtu.be/9rlzokY2pZY

Brian Sutteter, MD with a good description of the "fencing" response that occurred with Parham. It's part of a primitive reflex to protect the brain during a fall that develops in the womb. The shaking was also due to the concussion not cold and could reflect many different issues.

https://youtu.be/9rlzokY2pZY
Good to see the doctor have the same response to Buck's idiotic comments as the rest of us all did. Sometimes better to say nothing at all. This was that case.

T&Ps to Donald.

what a freak situation....guys fall to the ground like that hundreds of times every weekend and he wasn't even hit.  I hope he's ok, very scary situation and certainly didn't look good.

When I saw the play in full speed it didn't look like much. In slow motion it looked like his head just snapped into the turf when he game down and it looked really bad. Hopefully he will be okay and does not have any permanent damage from the concussion.

Just a horrible thing to see.  I'm so happy to hear they're already going to release him and it didn't have anything to do with his spine. Godspeed on his recovery.

The lack of updates had me really concerned that the prognosis was bad. Glad to hear Parham is alert. That was scary to see.

Great news! Go get this cat in the offseason (or now if your rules allow it). Price should be reasonable & he could be a monster.

6'8" receivers with good athletic ability don't grow on trees & Herbert is just icing on the cake.

Parham has also made real strides with his blocking so that's unlikely to keep him off the field. He's got a pretty good chance to be a long-term/high-snap TE for the Chargers.

Parham definitely has the strong price-to-production potential ratio I look for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chargers re-signed TE Donald Parham to a one-year contract.

Parham was an exclusive rights free agent, and will be a restricted free agent in 2023. He's been bandied about as a fantasy sleeper with some big preseason games, but has yet to break out. With Jared Cook and Stephen Anderson both hitting free agency, though, it's possible he'll get a real shot to break out in 2022. 

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter

Mar 11, 2022, 3:38 PM ET

The Chargers GM isn't convinced he's the guy.

I love his potential and in a league where a top athlete TE gets a team wins...it's a bit surprising he didn't sign Parham to like one mil per or something that would at least make both sides happy.

A minimum erfa udfa tender won't count against the cap as it's not top 51.

The other angle is they dance again next year now as an RFA. He's quite unlikely to sign his tender then but instead see what team matches and (if then) play there.

BUT maybe the GM just wanted him locked up and they'll work out a deal in the coming months.

I hope The Rock is watching. Along with the minor league agreement, the XFL players have to go in as pro players and not UDFAs. USFL players had full rights back in the day and Parham would be a UFA right now. There has to be some vibe that they can attain big bucks and not be slapped with this minimum erfa tender.

(RotoWire) Parham has officially signed his exclusive rights free agent tender with the Chargers, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

Analysis: As a result, Parham is set to return to the team for at least the 2022 season after agreeing to sign the contract tender extended to him in March. Looking ahead, the tight end -- who saw his receptions double from 10 in 2020 to 20 in 2021 -- will jostle for depth chart slotting behind former Seahawk Gerald Everett, who Los Angeles signed in April. Also currently in the mix at the position are Tre' McKitty and Hunter Kampmoyer.

The Athletic's Daniel Popper writes Donald Parham is having a "great camp, and it is clear he will be a prominent piece in the Chargers' downfield passing attack."​

Parham missed the final three games of last season after a brutal concussion, but he re-upped with the Chargers as an exclusive rights free agent. The Bolts said goodbye to Jared Cook but did sign Gerald Everett as a replacement with 2021 third-rounder Tre' McKitty also in the mix, but Parham has been a favorite of Justin Herbert's in the red zone. That connection has picked back up at camp this summer. McKitty has already been missing practice time. Parham's 6-foot-8 frame makes him a total mismatch for defenders, especially in the red zone. He's a worthwhile fantasy flier at the back end of drafts.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Aug 3, 2022, 7:27 PM ET

Donald Parham (hamstring) participated in individual drills at Wednesday's practice.​

Parham has missed most of August with his pulled hammy, but with 10 days to get ready for Week 1 against the Raiders, we could see him out there for the opener. He and Gerald Everett are expected to soak up most of the snaps at tight end for the Bolts this year.
SOURCE: Daniel Popper on Twitter
Aug 31, 2022, 5:01 PM ET

I don't know what to do with this guy. I've got Kittle and B.Jordan and just drafted Jelani.
Dynasty I think he’s a hold in larger leagues. Everett is 28, and the kid has talent.

That said, if you’re in a shorter bench league he’s probably a drop.

I don't know what to do with this guy. I've got Kittle and B.Jordan and just drafted Jelani.
I'm in a super deep league. People aren't holding him
I’m in 3 leagues with 30, 1 with 28 and 1 with 25 and I don’t think he’s on a roster. I do think he’s intriguing for sure - it’s just would have been a long time to hold for who knows what ceiling?

ETA: this is not correct. As stated later.

Last edited:
I’m in 3 leagues with 30, 1 with 28 and 1 with 25 and I don’t think he’s on a roster.
That seems crazy to me. I'm grabbing him in (the last round of) some redraft leagues. He's the best receiver in the Chargers' tight end room, and his blocking has improved enough that I think he'll get on the field a fair amount. Everett is the favorite to be the Chargers' primary pass-catching tight end in 2022, but not an overwhelming, prohibitive favorite. Parham has a chance to take on that role by the end of this season, IMO.

I’m in 3 leagues with 30, 1 with 28 and 1 with 25 and I don’t think he’s on a roster.
That seems crazy to me. I'm grabbing him in (the last round of) some redraft leagues. He's the best receiver in the Chargers' tight end room, and his blocking has improved enough that I think he'll get on the field a fair amount. Everett is the favorite to be the Chargers' primary pass-catching tight end in 2022, but not an overwhelming, prohibitive favorite. Parham has a chance to take on that role by the end of this season, IMO.
Maybe I’ll pick him up. Thanks.

Actually I was wrong so sorry to the thread but he's only available in the 25 man league.

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

“The Chargers feel like they can maximize Gerald Everett’s skill set as a yards-after-the-catch option and even a runner on jet sweep concepts. I think Donald Parham Jr. could be in line for a breakout season. He was one of the most productive receivers in training camp”
Are they saying BOTH Everett and Parham will be successful? Hard to believe there will be two productive TEs along with KA, Williams and Palmer who's been raved about too.

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

“The Chargers feel like they can maximize Gerald Everett’s skill set as a yards-after-the-catch option and even a runner on jet sweep concepts. I think Donald Parham Jr. could be in line for a breakout season. He was one of the most productive receivers in training camp”
Are they saying BOTH Everett and Parham will be successful? Hard to believe there will be two productive TEs along with KA, Williams and Palmer who's been raved about too.
Agree completely. I was very confused by the tweet talking about Everett being used in a bigger role then drop prediction about Parham breaking out.

Donald Parham (hamstring) participated in individual drills at Wednesday's practice.​

Parham has yet to make his season debut after going down six weeks ago with the bad hammy strain. Gerald Everett has been soaking up targets as one of Justin Herbert's favorite targets in Parham's absence.
SOURCE: Jeff Miller on Twitter
Sep 21, 2022, 3:48 PM ET

Donald Parham (hamstring) is questionable for Week 4 against the Texans.​

Parham got in a pair of limited practices before being upgraded to a full participant on Friday. It was his first full practice of the season. Parham reportedly showed well in camp and has been a solid contributor in the red zone when active. He isn't on the fantasy radar but could cut into Gerald Everrett's role if healthy for Week 4.
Sep 30, 2022, 4:20 PM ET

Donald Parham caught all three of his targets for 53 yards in the Chargers' Week 6 win over the Broncos.​

They were Parham's first three catches of the season after he missed Weeks 1-4 recovering from a hamstring injury. Parham accounted for the Chargers' longest gain of the night, a galloping 24-yard catch-and-run. He and Gerald Everett combined for 8/82 on 10 targets on a night Justin Herbert attempted 57 passes. Parham isn't yet on the fantasy radar.
Oct 18, 2022, 12:46 AM ET

Happy to see this after that terrible concussion last year. Props to Parham for getting out there, and looking good.

Happy to see this after that terrible concussion last year. Props to Parham for getting out there, and looking good.

None is talking about it but it looks like he sustained another head injury last night.

He caught a pass and went down and reached for his head before going to the sideline and taking off his helmet. People were going up to him and asking if he was ok and you can see him saying he's fine but I don't recall seeing him in the game after that.

None is talking about it but it looks like he sustained another head injury last night.

He caught a pass and went down and reached for his head before going to the sideline and taking off his helmet. People were going up to him and asking if he was ok and you can see him saying he's fine but I don't recall seeing him in the game after that.
I noticed the same thing. He was quickly becoming a priority add for me but now I'm looking in other directions at the position for now. That concussion he sustained was nasty last year and he obviously came down hard enough for it to bother him last night. I hope he's OK just from a human standpoint.

Rough. I didn't see that.

Chargers coach Brandon Staley said Donald Parham is in concussion protocol.​

Parham went for 3/53 in Los Angeles' heavily horizontal attack on Monday night, but just as he was finally cleared from his hamstring injury, he's back to questionable with a concussion. The Chargers play Seattle on Sunday and it will be challenging for Parham to clear the protocol fast enough to be active for that game.
Oct 18, 2022, 5:17 PM ET

Donald Parham has cleared concussion protocol and will play Week 9 against the Falcons.​

Parham has a history of concussions, but the Week 8 bye came at the right time. With the Chargers decimated at wideout, it will be interesting to see if the offense deploys more tight ends. We could see more Gerald Everett and Parham packages.
SOURCE: Fernando Ramirez on Twitter
Nov 2, 2022, 3:41 PM ET

Chargers coach Brandon Staley said TE Donald Parham (hamstring) aggravated the same hamstring he'd hurt earlier this year and will be out "weeks."​

Parham might be a candidate for injured reserve with that wording. The Chargers passing game distribution didn't really have much condensing left that could be done, but Gerald Everett should benefit from Parham's continued absence in fantasy.
SOURCE: Daniel Popper on Twitter
Nov 4, 2022, 4:40 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread