What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Dallas Goedert, PHI (2 Viewers)

Dropped for H. Henry last week.  Am also picking him up for Waller's bye but probably will play them both this week.
Hey that’s my strategy! Waller owner and I’m hoping I get him for the same reason next week, and not sure I flex him this week, but great to have that option.

My long-standing league is sort of casual and competitive at the same time. And I know a lot of guys like to filter by projected points on yahoo for their replacement.

He’s still listed as a zero projection due to his Covid tag for this week, so I’m hoping he slips through the cracks tonight.

STILL NOT PRACTICING.   

I'm not cutting bait just yet, but its sounding more and more like Covid may have been harder on him than we expected. (Purely a guess?)   The only reason I say that as by all accounts he was in a "race to get cleared" before last week........and he is STILL not practicing.

I suppose we will know Friday one way or the other, but I am starting to think about waiver wire scrap TEs in one spot.  Might be time to fire up your RICKY SEALS-JONES or CJ UZOMAHs of the world.  :wall:

Holding him for Waller's bye next week, but may have to start him this week in flex as half my team is on bye (I won't be dropping any of those guys). I was hoping he would be back at practice by now. 

STILL NOT PRACTICING.   

I'm not cutting bait just yet, but its sounding more and more like Covid may have been harder on him than we expected. (Purely a guess?)   The only reason I say that as by all accounts he was in a "race to get cleared" before last week........and he is STILL not practicing.

I suppose we will know Friday one way or the other, but I am starting to think about waiver wire scrap TEs in one spot.  Might be time to fire up your RICKY SEALS-JONES or CJ UZOMAHs of the world.  :wall:
According to one of the Eagles beat writers, the problem is that he needs 2 negative tests 24 hours apart.  Just because the tests are coming back positive does not mean his symptoms are severe.

Damien Williams isn't practicing yet either, so it could very well be more like protocol than anything.

It's a long way until Sunday, but alternative plans definitely do need to be made in case the protocol lingers that long.

TZMarkie said:
 OFF TO THE RACES BOYS......................

Word just came out he has been activated off the reserve Covid list~!

This should be a solid play rest-of-season.

TZM
But he’s also not practicing. That’s Bad.

This feels like that old Simpson’s cursed frozen yogurt bit.

But he’s also not practicing. That’s Bad.

This feels like that old Simpson’s cursed frozen yogurt bit.

We will know more definitively tomorrow.   But Goedert has had vet rest days before, and this might be a way of easing him back in.   Thats strictly a guess, but I'd be shocked if he didn't play Sunday.

If he wasn't going to play, what other reason did they have to activate him earlier? They could have just waited a few more days...............

TZM

Eagles TE Dallas Goedert will play in Week 7 against the Raiders.

Eagles coach Nick Sirianni also said Goedert will play "without restrictions" following his stint on the COVID list in Week 6. Finally gifted the opportunity to emerge as an every-down option without Zach Ertz (traded) moving forward, Goedert will play the same role that most recently afforded Ertz 88% of the team's snaps in an increased rate of three-wide sets as the lone receiving tight end. He's a top-eight option at his position the rest of the way.

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter

Oct 22, 2021, 1:23 PM ET

It concerns me that he was DNP on Thursday and LP on Friday.  If he felt great and was just sitting around waiting for the 2 negative tests I'd have expected him to be FP both days.  So he probably experienced some symptoms, and long-term tiredness and lack of energy is one side effect of Covid.

Eagles signed Dallas Goedert to a four-year, $59 million contract extension. 

The deal includes $35 million guaranteed. The extension, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, would make Goedert, 26, one of the three highest paid tight ends in the league. Goedert has taken on a full-time role in the run-heavy Philadelphia offense since the team dealt Zach Ertz to Arizona in October. From Week 7-9 -- before a concussion cut short his Week 10 playing time -- Goedert's pass routes spiked and he led the Eagles with a 29 percent target share. With this contract extension, the Eagles are committing to Goedert as a central part of their passing attack through the 2025 season. 

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Nov 19, 2021, 12:01 PM ET

Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni said he expected Dallas Goedert (concussion) to play in Week 11 against the Saints. 

Goedert, who signed a monster four-year contract extension Friday, missed most of the Eagles' Week 10 win against Denver with a brain injury. He returned to practice Thursday and appears ready to roll against the Saints. Goedert is a top-5 tight end option whenever he's active. 

SOURCE: Dave Zangaro on Twitter 

Nov 19, 2021, 12:55 PM ET

Dallas Goedert (concussion) does not have an injury designation for Week 11 against the Saints.

Goedert got in a full practice on Friday and appears to have passed the concussion protocol, given that he is not listed with an injury designation. Goedert has quietly been a borderline-elite tight end option since Zach Ertz's departure and can be counted on as a TE1 this week despite a difficult matchup with the a tough Saints defense.

Nov 19, 2021, 3:32 PM ET

Now this makes me happy with all the Albert O. news I heard today. I heard all offseason to fade Goedert hard because A.J. Brown would take his red zone work. Well, if the passing volume increases, Goedert is still going to eat a little, at least it would seem. Love me some tight ends in the TE6-14 range, I guess.

Hwarf. And Gerald Everett and Jonnu Smith are checking in just outside that range, saying hello and welcome to the neighborhood.

Dallas Goedert caught 3-of-4 targets for 60 yards in the Eagles' Week 1 win over the Lions.

Goedert finished the day tied with two other players for second on the team in targets. A.J. Brown ran laps around the rest of the team, turning his 13 targets into 155 yards. Goedert was efficient on his looks but only managed a 13 percent target share. Jalen Hurts and Miles Sanders combined for 30 carries, depressing the team's passing volume as well. If the Eagles are forced to throw more versus Minnesota, Goedert should be able to rebound from the quiet day. However, Brown's massive target share could make Goedert and Devonta Smith inconsistent options for fantasy managers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Dallas Goedert caught 5-of-6 targets for 82 yards in the Eagles' Week 2 win over the Vikings.​

Goedert's 82 yards paced the team on a night Jalen Hurts threw for 333 yards. One of the more explosive tight ends in the sport, Goedert is averaging 17.75 yards per catch on seven grabs through two weeks. He'll be an easy TE1 play next week against the Commanders and beyond as an every-down player in the Eagles' offense.
Sep 20, 2022, 12:08 AM ET

Guy's a stud, capped on TDs b/c of Hurts though
Agreed - the TDs are probably going to be barren, but have to love his usage and involvement in a high-powered offense. And given the poor state of the TE position, he's got nice fantasy value.

Dallas Goedert caught 8-of-9 targets for 100 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles' Week 9 win over the Texans.​

The 100-yard effort was Goedert's first of 2022, while the eight receptions matched his season high. It was just the fourth time in his career he reached eight grabs and fourth time he crossed the century mark. He was the Eagles' primary means of moving the ball on an evening where many fantasy managers were understandably expecting the Eagles to pound the Texans on the ground. For his score, Goedert got loose near the goal line on a read option. Goedert's Week 10 features a date with a Commanders defense that entered Week 9 permitting the fewest tight end fantasy points, so an encore may not be on tap.
Nov 3, 2022, 11:25 PM ET

Dallas Goedert caught all three of his targets for 23 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles' Week 10 loss to the Commanders.​

The Commanders have been one of the best defenses against tight ends all year, and that was no different in Week 10. Goedert's touchdown masked his second-worst performance by receiving yards this year. Three catches also matched his season-low in receptions. Goedert's last touch of the game was a fumble in the fourth quarter. Goedert secured the catch but was taken down by his facemask and lost the ball. A penalty flag was not thrown and the fumble stood. Goedert remains at the back end of the TE1 ranks heading into his Week 11 matchup with the Colts.
Nov 15, 2022, 12:32 AM ET

All turnovers should not only be reviewed but when are we going to get retroactive penalties right? IE call a penalty in the ref field of view on a replay

This one cuts a little deep for me. I have a handful of really good squads that are going to miss him. Rest up big fella. In time for the FF playoffs. I'll plug in Moreau and Hurst and the like.

Going on IR after waivers clear puts a hurt on short bench rosters. ESPN hasn't bumped him from doubtful so he can't be slotted IR just yet. They need to change that asap.

IR officially now. The set-and-forget TE was nice while it lasted. Glad I drafted him. Now to hit the waivers for some serious hit or miss action.

Anyone seen estimates on what "extended time" means?
Probably out for the season, could return in the playoffs but of course that won't do us any good.

ETA- better prognosis. Goedert is saying he hopes to be back for the week 15 game against the Bears. What I posted earlier, about him not returning during the regular season, was Profootballdocs estimate.

Last edited:

Dallas Goedert (shoulder) said he hopes to return from injured reserve in Week 15.​

Goedert plans on coming off injured reserve as soon as he is eligible. All players placed on injured reserve must miss at least four games. The Eagles haven't gotten any production from their tight ends with Goedert out, so a speedy recovery would be good for the entire offense. Jack Stoll will start until Goedert is healthy but hasn't been a fantasy-relevant option through two weeks as the starter.
SOURCE: Dave Zangaro on Twitter
Nov 30, 2022, 1:12 PM ET

Are we starting him if he practices? I have Kittle on Thursday night or Goedert coming off injury, might go with the sure thing in Kittle.

Are we starting him if he practices? I have Kittle on Thursday night or Goedert coming off injury, might go with the sure thing in Kittle.
That's a tough one with only one practice - he still needs to be activated from IR. I would go with Kittle in that situation.

As someone that has started a QB and/or a rookie TE on the worst offense in football pretty much all season in the TE slot, I am for sure starting Goedert if he plays. I cant believe the guy who had him dropped him but IR'd Kupp instead. Good for me!

Didn't reports say he was looking good on the sidelines last week? My guess is he plays this weekend.
Yeah. Every report had him as rolling out this week. I'll be surprised if he's not. Bears defend TEs well but otherwise they're a good defense to shake off rust with before going to Dallas and then facing NO.

Users who are viewing this thread