What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tampa area FBG's: Vacation ideas?` (1 Viewer)

PatriotJohn

Footballguy
Family and I are spending Christmas week at a condo on Madiera Beach (1 kid, 22yo). Already aware of John's pass village and boardwalk, but was curious as to other attractions around the area and things to do. Parasailing is on the list, and wife wants someplace to do some nature/animal photography. We ruled out a day trip to Disney / Orlando....been there done that. Restaurant suggestions also welcome.

TIA

I like the Dunedin area up near Clearwater. Great place to kayak and see a sunset.

For food, I think Columbia in Ybor City is a must stop if visiting Tampa.

Fort Desoto Park is a nice spot for a picnic and nature..

Pass-A-Grille is a nice historic beach at the end of St Pete Beach.. shops, restaurants, and nice beach off the beaten path

Gulfport has some neat shops and bars and is a change of pace from Gulf Blvd..

Salt Rock Grill is a good restaurant in Indian Rocks, a few miles north. Conch Republic is also good. Osaka is a sushi place in Madeira that's good.

Are you all looking to drink? Daquri deck is a little dive in Madeira that is cool to stumble over to if you have been boozing all day. There are some Micro breweries in st. Pete.

There is a good amount of stuff to do in downtown st Pete.

You could also do a fishing chsrter.

Sawgrass Lake Park in St Pete is a great park with boardwalk/ trails through nature preserve.. great spot to see gators and other wildlife

Users who are viewing this thread