What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survey - what do parents spend on sports? Need a little help. TIA (1 Viewer)

By posting this request on a fantasy football site, you are ensuring that the survey results will show a higher average than if you posted the same request at NaturallyCurly.com.  :fro:

To many - I probably spend too much.

And I wouldn't have it any other way
We spent around 12K a year between my 2 daughters playing club VB.  6k for the club and another 6K for the travel.  Both played at a D1 college out of state.

My wife has always said the reason we are so close was all that one on one time in the car and in hotels that we never would have had without it.  Even if they never played in college it would have been well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done. About 10k. Each. For about 10 years. B10 scholly. Fastpitch. And same as DG, it was all about the time together. 

We spent around 12K a year between my 2 daughters playing club VB.  6k for the club and another 6K for the travel.  Both played at a D1 college out of state.

My wife has always said the reason we are so close was all that one on one time in the car and in hotels that we never would have had without it.  Even if they never played in college it would have been well worth it.
I spent around 10K a year for a few years while my son was competing nationally, and eventually at a world level, with Tae Kwon Do sparring. He is now an undefeated amatuer boxer, and mulling over whether to go to MMA, which was his goal for a long time, or play college football. (Just in his 2nd year of football and his coaches have told him he can play D1 if that is what he wants to do).  He and I are incredibly close and I do think a lot of that has to do with all of the hours in the car and at hotels not just for tournaments, but the just about daily trip to the DoJo, the gym, watching tape etc. I completely agree in that if he never plays a down of college football or steps into the ring for another boxing match or MMA bout, it was completely worth it and I would do it again in a minute!

Thank you very much to everyone in here who voted!!  It is greatly appreciated. I am  guessing that the poll will be open for a few more days if anyone else is so inclined! :thumbup:

Done, although my answers are skewed.

My kids don't do 'sports' in particular. They do activities that cause us to spend almost as much in time and $$$. My daughter (11) does dance, and the practices and events are many. My boys (15, 16) do HS marching band. If anyone has kids involved with that, you know how much effort and $$$ are involved with Marching Band.

If you don't think that Marching Band is a sport, talk to my Freshman son learning how to march properly in the hot VA August heat carrying a Sousaphone. Our band starts August 1 and practices 6 days a week, 8 hours a day. The boys come home sweaty!!!!

Yeah, while the amount of money was less than those who ended up with scholarships, we still spent a lot. While my boys are going to walk on DIII somewhere, the money was still well spent. They got to take part in something they loved, and I got to share that time with them, sometimes as a parent and sometimes as a coach. 

Yeah, while the amount of money was less than those who ended up with scholarships, we still spent a lot. While my boys are going to walk on DIII somewhere, the money was still well spent. They got to take part in something they loved, and I got to share that time with them, sometimes as a parent and sometimes as a coach. 
That is awesome. Can't place a price on that. 

done, will be at the low end... obviously... with only one kid (7 years old) currently doing anything sports-like (soccer)

reading through some of these responses, i hope that both of my kids want to be active in sports... i'm "that guy", i guess.   :oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread