What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superflex 12-team w/ TE 1.75 PPR Who's your top 10? (1 Viewer)

pizzatyme

Footballguy
Who are your top 10 picks in a Superflex where TEs also get 1.75PPR. 

For reference in this 12-teamer, here are player 1 and 12 for each of the skill positions from 2020:

QB1- 570 points

QB12- 420

RB1- 408

RB12- 234

WR1- 388

WR12- 272

TE1- 392

TE12- 190

Obvious bias towards QBs based on points but RB and TE had dramatic dropoffs. For TE 1.75, my inclination is to have Lawrence 1 and Pitts 2. Wanted to get input from others.

TIA

Comes down to team need

my league that is similar but I see less importance to RB as can start 1 RB but 6 WR, our mock probably goes like this. Plus 14 teams making QB even more important

1. Team A- Trevor Lawrence
  2. Team A- Zach Wilson
  3. Team A- Kyle Pitts
  4. Team A - Jamar Chase
  5. Team B- Justin Fields
  6. Team B - Trey Lance
  7. Team C - Jaylon Waddle
  8. Team D - Mac Jones
  9. Team E - Najee Harris
  10. Team B - Travis Etienne
  11. Team F - Devonte Smith
  12. Team A - Rashod Bateman
  13. Team E - Pat Friermuth
  14. Team B - Javonte Williams
2 weeks ago before a hanger on who owned picks at the top it goes

1.  Team A - Lawrence
  2. Team A - Pitts
  3. Team B - Chase
  4. Team C -  Lance
  5. Team A - Wilson
  6. Team A - Fields
  7. Team  B - Jones
  8. Team D - Smith
so who owns can matter. In my league being 14 teams and QB scoring so well, you better start 2 or you are dead and only 2.33 per team for starters. 

I'm in a similar league for the first time this year and have been thinking about this too.

Found a couple more recent mock drafts that I thought were interesting:

2021 Dynasty Superflex/TE-Premium Rookie Mock Draft (4/14)

1. Trevor Lawrence (QB1)
  2. Justin Fields (QB2)
  3. Trey Lance (QB3)
  4. Najee Harris (RB1)
  5. Zach Wilson (QB4)
  6. Ja'Marr Chase (WR1)
  7. Kyle Pitts (TE1)
  8. DeVonta Smith (WR2)
  9. Javonte Williams (RB2)
  10. Mac Jones (QB5)
  11. Travis Etienne (RB3)
  12. Jaylen Waddle (WR3)
Dynasty Fantasy Football Superflex rookie-only mock draft (4/15)

1.01 Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
1.02 Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
1.03 Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
1.04 Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
1.05 Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
1.06 Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
1.07 Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
1.08 Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama
1.09 Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
1.10 Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
1.11 Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
1.12 Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue

That's interesting. Not sure I agree. Based on my OP, I see a 200 point dropoff from TE1 to TE12. That's significant. If you can gain that much of an edge it's as much a gamechanger as QB1 to QB12. 

Now, the question is, do you believe Pitts is the guy who can become the TE1 overall. A lot for me depends on landing spot. It looks possible for Pitts to fall to Atlanta. If that's the case then it adds to his value with an aging Julio Jones. We shall see, but thanks for the input!

That's interesting. Not sure I agree. Based on my OP, I see a 200 point dropoff from TE1 to TE12. That's significant. If you can gain that much of an edge it's as much a gamechanger as QB1 to QB12.
Averages to ~11 PPG, which is significant.

But it doesn’t live in a vacuum. What do you lose at QB to gain that advantage?

Averages to ~11 PPG, which is significant.

But it doesn’t live in a vacuum. What do you lose at QB to gain that advantage?
This is a rookie draft so not sure what you mean. Yes, I guess just based on points potential you could just rank the top 5 QBs 1-5 in this format, but if I'm projecting each of the rookies in my top 10 list to fall at #12 of their position then TE is the best on VBD methodologies, correct? 

This is why I'd have it Lawrence 1, Pitts 2, Najee 3, Wilson 4 if I'm basing on VBD and factoring in preference and landing spots. Maybe I'm off here.

This is a rookie draft so not sure what you mean. Yes, I guess just based on points potential you could just rank the top 5 QBs 1-5 in this format, but if I'm projecting each of the rookies in my top 10 list to fall at #12 of their position then TE is the best on VBD methodologies, correct? 

This is why I'd have it Lawrence 1, Pitts 2, Najee 3, Wilson 4 if I'm basing on VBD and factoring in preference and landing spots. Maybe I'm off here.
In that context it comes down to team need. If your team is strong at QB & you have the 2nd pick, and Pitts goes to a team that will utilize him like the next Tony Gonzales, then he’s probably the pick.

But if your team is old/weak at QB, you’ll probably want to take the best QB available, if you believe in the QBs there. 

In that context it comes down to team need. If your team is strong at QB & you have the 2nd pick, and Pitts goes to a team that will utilize him like the next Tony Gonzales, then he’s probably the pick.

But if your team is old/weak at QB, you’ll probably want to take the best QB available, if you believe in the QBs there. 
Good input. In my particular case, I have Murray and Mayfield. But I also have Kittle and Hockinson. So I fell like I have the flexibility to go Pitts here especially when I think this QB class is overrated. But, was just asking in general. To me, there are a clear group of 5 players in this class with the potential to be #1 in their position. (Lawrence, Pitts, Chase, Wilson and 49ers QB (whoever they select)).

Users who are viewing this thread