What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Super Bowl LVIII - San Francisco 49'ers 14-5 vs Kansas City Chiefs 14-6*** (+2, 47.5) Chiefs are World Champions 25-22 in Overtime (1 Viewer)

bolded....do you have anything to actually support this statement?
It's just what I believe. Not in the sense that it's fixed or rigged, but IMO 100% the NFL wants KC to win this game. It's not hard to figure out why.
I read on the internets that if you play Taylor Swifts newest song backwards she gives the final score of the Super Bowl in the second verse :banned:

I'll look at it the other way....I'm thinking that the NFL senses that chiefs fatigue is making lots of grown ups (31 of their 32 fanbases... about 97% of their fanbase) really really grumpy.....and it would actually be better for the league if SF wins....

It's just what I believe. Not in the sense that it's fixed or rigged, but IMO 100% the NFL wants KC to win this game. It's not hard to figure out why.
something tells me the NFL will be just fine no matter who wins.... :shrug:
Of course they will, but that wasn't the question.

Man this SB bye week blows. I wish they'd go back to playing the week after the conference championships, there was no time to argue about dumb shi+.

Of course they will, but that wasn't the question.

Man this SB bye week blows. I wish they'd go back to playing the week after the conference championships, there was no time to argue about dumb shi+.
Or less dumb shiot to argue about because there wasn’t social media at that time. Most of the talk was football. Now it’s about getting clicks and pushing gambling. Way of the world though and isn’t going to change.

Enjoy the game 😎

Figures that a stinking ref would have this opinion.

That was funny. I think the NFL (whoever that may be) actually does want the Chiefs to win. I also think if you believe that creates an unfair advantage type conspiracy theory, you're... um, one those fools. Dynasties are always healthy for a sport and no matter how tired you may be of the Chiefs you may be fortunate to be witnessing this.

I think KC will try to run it down SF's throat with Pacheco. The keys will be will Purdy handle the spotlight and will the SF defense be better than they were in the last 2 playoff games. More questions on the SF side for me than KC. I've thought all year that SF was the better team but hasn't been that way in the playoffs. 2 lucky wins IMO.

Well, this week has pretty much been one of the worst weeks I've had for awhile. No joke fellas.

So honestly, the Chiefs losing Sunday would be the absolutely cherry on this double decker ****-sandwich. The way this week has gone I'm expecting it at this point.

Heck, the way things are going Taylor will break up with Travis too. Enjoy the game fellas. I won't be back in here until its over. Hope we all get treated to a good game and everyone comes out healthy.

Have a good weekend, all. :)

Well, this week has pretty much been one of the worst weeks I've had for awhile. No joke fellas.

So honestly, the Chiefs losing Sunday would be the absolutely cherry on this double decker ****-sandwich. The way this week has gone I'm expecting it at this point.

Heck, the way things are going Taylor will break up with Travis too. Enjoy the game fellas. I won't be back in here until its over. Hope we all get treated to a good game and everyone comes out healthy.

Sorry to hear about your week. Have a great weekend and enjoy your dynasty. Chiefs got this.

General Bankerguy musings:

I think the SF leaky defense narrative is a bit over blown. KC will make some plays for sure and be able to run a bit.

Rice will have to step up. I think Kelce gets doubled.

Pacheco has to be dominant and control the clock.

On the SF side, the Purdy hate is out of control. They will move the ball and have the best RB in the league.

The mismatch I really like for SF is CMC and Deebo out of the back field in the passing game against a slow KC LB corps. I think Shanahan exploits this all game in key situations and wears KC out. Dump offs, screens and wheel routes with natural picks and rubs.

I see a very competitive game, but SF pulls away. 28-17.

Last edited:
Lot of intriguing matchups for specific situations in this one on both sides of the ball. I don’t really know what to expect. 49ers have been better and more consistent all year but KC has been on their game in the postseason. Should be a classic 24-23 type game but there are risks of blowouts both ways I suppose.

Outside of @SWC ’s insistence on taking things to the bank, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone as committed to the bit as @ChiefD is to the reverse jinx here. Well done.
He has Mahomes. He could say theyll lose every week and he'd be wrong most of the time. Reverse jinx? Pffft. There's zero power behind it. It's just Mahomes being Mahomes.

The KC best is better than the SF best but the SF best is likelier to happen. Who will impose their way to the first 10-14 points? I dunno but I am starting to think about it and get excited. Obviously I want KC to establish the dynasty but SF is so well rounded that it’s going to take something special to get it done. Forgot all the off field stuff and let’s talk about will KC tackle before SF studs can make their yac and will KC establish run and play action? Will Spags dial up something to confuse Purdy into a bad turnover or will KC pass catchers forget how to catch ala the regular season?

Any HOF legacies on the line? Chris Jones and George Kittle come to mind. Kyle Shanahan. Harrison Butker.

Reid/Mahomes/Kelce/Spags/CMC/Trent are all locks.

This line is wild to me. Vegas never really moved off it yet the public seems to be heavy Chiefs. Are they just evening the books since the 9ers were Super Bowl favorites all season?

This line is wild to me. Vegas never really moved off it yet the public seems to be heavy Chiefs. Are they just evening the books since the 9ers were Super Bowl favorites all season?
The casual money is on the Chiefs. The heavy big roller money is on the Niners.

That tells me the niners are winning this.
I've seen 70% of all money is on the Chiefs and I've found a grand total of one report about one big bet on the Niners. The Chiefs are going to win and everyone knows it.

My favorite prop bet of the SB:

ANY NON-QB TO THROW A PASSING TD
+500

CMC or Deebo IMO.
Among the way too many bets I've made and will still make, so far my favorite is the bet I placed at +300 on orange Gatorade being the color dumped on the winning coach. Yup.

ANY NON-QB TO THROW A PASSING TD
+500

CMC or Deebo IMO.

Kelce when they line up in the red zone and he takes the snap. I figure he'll shovel it forward to a jet sweeper or a different tight end. Reid loves those plays.

I don't see CMC or Deebo throwing a pass.

Good luck CD !

Vic Tafur from The Athletic is picking the Chiefs.

Bet everything, and I’m not even joking, on the 49ers.
I appreciate the shtick, it’s quality, and you’re highly committed, but seriously, the money is on the Chiefs and the money knows. I don’t even think this one is close. Chiefs by at least 14.

People Magazine, your numero uno source for futbol news. They’ve confirmed:

They think Chiefs by 17, it’s over!

Current line on Taylor Swift being shown is 10.5, Kelce gonna have a monster game!!!

II have to admit that I like both teams but the fact that the spread hasn't changed much this week is strange. Vegas doesn't lose often.

SF 23 - KC 20

The casual money is on the Chiefs. The heavy big roller money is on the Niners.

That tells me the niners are winning this.
I've seen 70% of all money is on the Chiefs and I've found a grand total of one report about one big bet on the Niners. The Chiefs are going to win and everyone knows it.
Same scenario as CFP Semi Michigan v Bama. Vegas had exposure. Michigan -2, but everyone was betting on Bama and everyone knew Bama would win.

Same scenario as CFP Semi Michigan v Bama. Vegas had exposure. Michigan -2, but everyone was betting on Bama and everyone knew Bama would win.
Yes it seems like whenever everyone and the mother is on the dog, that's when the favorite wins. I've seen all kind of predictions and most seem to be taking KC.

Users who are viewing this thread