What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Suggestion (1 Viewer)

Tommy Collins

Footballguy
A lot of times we see people posting information exclusive to the FBG site in the shark pool. Sometimes it's people discussing a player or particular situation, other times it's people asking a question about why someone is ranked at that spot. Often it gives out the information and ranking of that player.

I know a lot of people want the boards to be members only, I personally do not. But why not make a members only section where you have to PM your registration information to Joe/David to gain entrance to the forum. This way all content that is in question and being discussed can be done there without having to worry about using paid content on the forums. I think it would make FBG better if people were open to discuss projections etc. with everybody on that particular forum. It would only make the projections etc. better which would obviously help Joe/David and the entire FBG crew.

Possible?

A lot of times we see people posting information exclusive to the FBG site in the shark pool. Sometimes it's people discussing a player or particular situation, other times it's people asking a question about why someone is ranked at that spot. Often it gives out the information and ranking of that player. I know a lot of people want the boards to be members only, I personally do not. But why not make a members only section where you have to PM your registration information to Joe/David to gain entrance to the forum. This way all content that is in question and being discussed can be done there without having to worry about using paid content on the forums. I think it would make FBG better if people were open to discuss projections etc. with everybody on that particular forum. It would only make the projections etc. better which would obviously help Joe/David and the entire FBG crew.Possible?
I'm a paid member and like it the way it is now.. no problem to me.Paid members get info galore here..if they do give out any paid content its really a faction of what they receive..so no harm done.The main page is only for paid members as you know so having the forums public gets us different opinions and different updates too.

A lot of times we see people posting information exclusive to the FBG site in the shark pool. Sometimes it's people discussing a player or particular situation, other times it's people asking a question about why someone is ranked at that spot. Often it gives out the information and ranking of that player. I know a lot of people want the boards to be members only, I personally do not. But why not make a members only section where you have to PM your registration information to Joe/David to gain entrance to the forum. This way all content that is in question and being discussed can be done there without having to worry about using paid content on the forums. I think it would make FBG better if people were open to discuss projections etc. with everybody on that particular forum. It would only make the projections etc. better which would obviously help Joe/David and the entire FBG crew.Possible?
I'm a paid member and like it the way it is now.. no problem to me.Paid members get info galore here..if they do give out any paid content its really a faction of what they receive..so no harm done.The main page is only for paid members as you know so having the forums public gets us different opinions and different updates too.
I don't think non-subscribers can post messages. They can however read messages.I think having any members-only forum would be a great idea. Sometimes I would like to discuss (or read others discuss) information available to paid subscribers only without having to worry about stepping over the line and revealing paid content.

IMHO if we made a special section for paid members only, it would render the Shark Pool relatively useless. The best info would be posted in the members only section and would essentially replace the Shark Pool. As a member, I would probably not have a big problem with this, but I'm not sure that's what the owners and staff want. I know I would probably visit the members section almost exclusively.

You don't have to pay to register on the forums and post. Anybody can do that.
Thanks for the correction.In that case, I do like the various posts and various opinions in a public forum.However, I still think it's a good idea for a members-only section strictly for discussing paid content. They could always move topics back into the public Shark Pool if mods deem the content to be public okay.

You don't have to pay to register on the forums and post. Anybody can do that.
Thanks for the correction.In that case, I do like the various posts and various opinions in a public forum.However, I still think it's a good idea for a members-only section strictly for discussing paid content. They could always move topics back into the public Shark Pool if mods deem the content to be public okay.
Joe's been on record for years that this will never happen. I would devalue the free boards, since the Member board would take over for content, making the Shark Pool as useless as the ACF. Do a search and you'll see his thoughts on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't by any means making a private/free board. I meant that all topics based on the projections and all other subscriber content be placed in a separate forum to better the arguments as well as the entire FBGuys site. If a thread didn't have info. pertaining to paid content it would be moved to the Shark Pool just as topics get moved to the AC.

This has been beaten to death on an annual basis for the last 2 or 3 years. Joe says no. Not gonna happen.

I used to be for a members only section, but Joe & David are pretty loose with what they'll allow in regards to posting paid content. For instance, I think discussing a few players' rankings will usually fly but cut-&-pasting or listing them in their majority or entirety wouldn't. I also think the quality of the thread dictates in part what's allowed, too.

Users who are viewing this thread