What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Finished Three Body Problem. Possible spoilers ahead.
There were some issues, but overall I thought it was pretty good and will likely watch season 2 if they actually make one
I don't understand why some were bashing the casting. Seemed fine to me.

The video headset thing never really came into play after like episode 3. I'm not even sure what the point of it was.

So if they can basically just kill anyone whenever, why don't they kill the people trying to stop them??

I actually liked it better once episode 4 started. The ship slicer was awesome.

There were some issues, but overall I thought it was pretty good and will likely watch season 2 if they actually make one

The video headset thing never really came into play after like episode 3. I'm not even sure what the point of it was.

So if they can basically just kill anyone whenever, why don't they kill the people trying to stop them??

Wasn't it a recruiting tool?

amazon shows always have high production values. I'm on ep 6 right. I'll let you know what I think later but so far I'm "its cool" but I'm not wowed

Yeah, I thought that, but who was recruiting who and for what??

The aliens wanted to see who was willing to simply just try to save them as opposed be motivated by something else.

To me, the pivotal moment in the whole season was the fairy tale conversation between the aliens and the guy whereby the aliens concluded humans can't be trust and are therefore worthless. But, before that, they were recruiting who can help them. That was "the game."

It's supposed to be the group that help the aliens (and are worthy to do so) and in return be the only group not eliminated when they take over the planet.

I watched the extra long Chinese version.

The aliens wanted to see who was willing to simply just try to save them as opposed be motivated by something else.

To me, the pivotal moment in the whole season was the fairy tale conversation between the aliens and the guy whereby the aliens concluded humans can't be trust and are therefore worthless. But, before that, they were recruiting who can help them. That was "the game."
That was my take, too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
Never played fallout but enjoying the first two episodes. But Walton is my favorite actor maybe ever so I went into it expecting to enjoy it.

i have never played the game
I found it ok , had it on in the background when working. It didnt grab my attention to pull me away from work

finished 3 body problem. Still don't care about any of the people. Is it acting or writing that makes them so pouty? Still looking forward to s2. The premise I think is awesome.

someone mentioned The Signal. starting that next.

I got in 5 episodes of Fallout over the weekend. I had high expectations but I'm a bit disappointed so far. I'm going to try to finish it tonight.

Rented Land of Bad this weekend because I'm a war movie junky. Pretty much what you expect going in but the production was good and it doesn't bother you with love stories or down time. That said, wait until it's free and save the $6.

I got in 5 episodes of Fallout over the weekend. I had high expectations but I'm a bit disappointed so far. I'm going to try to finish it tonight.
I watched it all.
Non game player, so any references were lost on me.

I enjoyed it. The strength was in the overall story arc- which from what I understand is entirely made for the show and not from the game. The tone was a little hokey for me, which was clearly the intent. And the humor didn't quite hit, although wasn't bad. Some fun cameos too.

Loving FO. Wife is into it too which is a little shocking but pleasent

My BIL/SIL are raving about “warriors” - it’s like an Asian peaky blinders. Anybody familiar? I like it but she doesn’t.

Wondering if I should continue solo?

Loving FO. Wife is into it too which is a little shocking but pleasent

My BIL/SIL are raving about “warriors” - it’s like an Asian peaky blinders. Anybody familiar? I like it but she doesn’t.

Wondering if I should continue solo?

Haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but a number of people have raved about Warriors in here. Based on a Bruce Lee concept I believe.

binged Fallout over the weekend. i played FO3 so i had familiarity with the references, so it was great. Walton Goggins is excellent in his role. i think the storyline and acting are good enough to stand on their own even without the game references. crazy how gory and gruesome it feels on a screen with real people, even though it's clearly pared down from the game itself.

Warrior is very good if you're into the martial arts genre. Very old school gangsters fight to the death and family ties type of a story. It misses being "great" for me in some aspects and it was hard to get past the first few episodes of the first season. Characters felt forced and almost too prototypical of such a story. Much better once you get past that. Confirming, it's based on a Bruce Lee writing.

Finally finished Constellation (apple).

I really wanted to like it more than I did. And I didn't dislike it, But it just- dunno... Missed. I'm not a Nommi Rapace fan to start. Felt like it took all the episodes essentially saying the same thing and then just kinda rushed the morale of the story at the end. Some nice acting, and it looked decent other than the zero G scenes which didn't come off.

I really wanted to like it more than I did. And I didn't dislike it, But it just- dunno... Missed. I'm not a Nommi Rapace fan to start. Felt like it took all the episodes essentially saying the same thing and then just kinda rushed the morale of the story at the end. Some nice acting, and it looked decent other than the zero G scenes which didn't come off.
Sounds like everything Apple produces - except Severance.

And See

nah, Ted lasso, Shrinking, Black Bird, Monarch Legacy of Monsters...

I'm enjoying Fall Out now 4 episodes in ... and the wifey is not hating it. I was aware of the game but never played it.
The set and scenery, all be it mostly cgi I'm sure, is fantastic with the 1950's flair in the future ... just like the game.
The writing is excellent. I've had several "WHAT?" and lol moments.... The acting is decent. Apparently the hardcore Fall Out community is very satisfied with the show ...
unlike the Halo series that was based off of another video game. They went way off the reservation with that one and fans of the game hated it.
Amazon did it right with Fall Out. If they can keep the actors and writers, this will be a hit for several seasons I'm sure.

I'm enjoying Fall Out now 4 episodes in ... and the wifey is not hating it. I was aware of the game but never played it.
The set and scenery, all be it mostly cgi I'm sure, is fantastic with the 1950's flair in the future ... just like the game.
The writing is excellent. I've had several "WHAT?" and lol moments.... The acting is decent. Apparently the hardcore Fall Out community is very satisfied with the show ...
unlike the Halo series that was based off of another video game. They went way off the reservation with that one and fans of the game hated it.
Amazon did it right with Fall Out. If they can keep the actors and writers, this will be a hit for several seasons I'm sure.
So if you have no idea what that game is even about......like I couldn't even tell you it was a video game..........is it worth trying to watch? I would be going into it like it is any new TV series that is released with absolutely zero background at all.

So if you have no idea what that game is even about......like I couldn't even tell you it was a video game..........is it worth trying to watch? I would be going into it like it is any new TV series that is released with absolutely zero background at all.
That was me too.

I liked it. Read back a couple days- I commented (and can't remember what I said). Its not top tier, but it's fun.

I liked Halo... more than FO. It wasn't as hokey -and they were clearly going for hokey with FO, which seemed to have worked for a lot of viewers as humor.

I didn't play either game.

nah, Ted lasso, Shrinking, Black Bird, Monarch Legacy of Monsters...
I liked all of those. But I kinda get what Andy was saying. They're all good to solidly good for me. But none of them transcended to greatness... For me.

Except See.

Absolutely. Go in thinking it's a comic book and just enjoy the weird ride.
The story is fun and has lots of action. A little gory thrown in for shock value.
If you're the guy that likes to pick apart a show because "oh, that could never really happen because bla, bla, bla..." you're going to hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread