What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense** Weeks 14-16 FF Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Going philly over Minny and confident about it.  Philly shows up at home.  They'll give up some points but I expect several sacks/turnovers.

Anyone downgrading the HOU D @JAX today with Wilfork out and their CB banged up?

Thought this was a slam dunk, but now considering WASH D vs MN at home.

Anyone downgrading the HOU D @JAX today with Wilfork out and their CB banged up?

Thought this was a slam dunk, but now considering WASH D vs MN at home.
Jax is a dumpster fire this year. I dont think you can go wrong with either this week, though.

Bump up the Rams D with Fitz out....ya never know, but it might be a long day for the Jets offense. 
at the same time, sometimes it is harder on a defense to go against a QB without knowing anything about the QB's tendencies.  ie. look at Wentz first couple weeks v. the last couple games where teams now have film on him.

i picked up the rams to specifically play against Fitz.  I now expect a more conservative game plan and less INT's.  Booooooo!!!

Jax is a dumpster fire this year. I dont think you can go wrong with either this week, though.
CB AJ Bouye out as well. Guy is good. Good news for A. Robinson.

Wilfork out could allow JAX to run C. Ivory much more and keep Bortles from screwing up. 

Bloom recommending WASH D. I'm torn now. This could be a sneaky spot for JAX offense to get a little healthy at home.

i picked up the rams to specifically play against Fitz.  I now expect a more conservative game plan and less INT's.  Booooooo!!!
I hear those that say it's more difficult for opposing D's to gameplan against a QB who has no tape, or the Jets will need to be more vanilla to accommodate their fresh off the bench signal caller.

Shenanigans. Give me the D starting against a QB in his first NFL start all day, every day. Petty has always been a one-read QB, and if the Rams can disrupt him in the pocket and fire multiple unexpected blitzes from looks Petty isn't used to seeing, this could indeed produce the sacks and INTs we covet.

And likely to be a low scoring game as well.

I hear those that say it's more difficult for opposing D's to gameplan against a QB who has no tape, or the Jets will need to be more vanilla to accommodate their fresh off the bench signal caller.

Shenanigans. Give me the D starting against a QB in his first NFL start all day, every day. Petty has always been a one-read QB, and if the Rams can disrupt him in the pocket and fire multiple unexpected blitzes from looks Petty isn't used to seeing, this could indeed produce the sacks and INTs we covet.

And likely to be a low scoring game as well.
I hope so.  streaming for my league was slim pickings this week

Well boys.............I look for this thread to  blow up with former Minnesota starters.   :wall:

I had them early on in every league, then unfortunately.....err fortunately??? dropped them in a few places.

I still have them in one league, but after this garbage today, I might drop them and be done with them altogether.

Personally, I am seeking Buffalo in most spots, and you can still get them in quite a few leagues because of the bye.

TZM

Starting to look towards the playoffs, and I'm hoping I can pick up Miami and San Diego after waivers run this week (dropping Philly plus a lottery ticket bench stash to get them). I locked up a first round bye this weekend, and those teams face Cleveland in Weeks 15 and 16 (our playoffs run Weeks 14-16). Miami's schedule rest of way looks better than most (LA, SF, BAL), and their defense looks like they've finally woken up and started playing football. 

Philly's schedule the rest of the way is rough, and I want no part of it.

Finally dropping MN in my other league, and looking to pick up either Bills or Panthers (maybe both), and just play the match-ups for those two the rest of the way (not good, but not terrible either).

Starting to look towards the playoffs, and I'm hoping I can pick up Miami and San Diego after waivers run this week (dropping Philly plus a lottery ticket bench stash to get them). I locked up a first round bye this weekend, and those teams face Cleveland in Weeks 15 and 16 (our playoffs run Weeks 14-16). Miami's schedule rest of way looks better than most (LA, SF, BAL), and their defense looks like they've finally woken up and started playing football. 

Finally dropping MN in my other league, and looking to pick up either Bills or Panthers (maybe both), and just play the match-ups for those two the rest of the way (not good, but not terrible either).
Im not gonna bother holding SD through the bye just for a week 16 matchup. Gonna grab Miami as their schedule from here on out is amazing: @LA, SF, @BAL, ARI, @NYJ, @BUF

The only game Id bench them for is week 16 @BUF so hopefully you can grab SD again a few weeks before.

Interesting -- trend here seems to think MIA is a better hold through ROS than SD. Is that the consensus?

Love the next three games, and potentially startable against ARI before facing a lackluster Jets team and @BUF to close the fantasy season, which could be tough.

I think I like them better in terms of pairing with the Rams, instead of an LA/SD pairing.

LA

@NYJ

Mia

@NO

@NE

Atl

@Sea

SF

SD

Mia

BYE

@Hou

TB

@Car

Oak

@Cle

MIA

@SD

@LA

SF

@Bal

Ari

@NYJ

@Buf

MIA doesn't face CLE according to STC's grid there.

Miami looks like a key pickup for a playoff run.

Don't understand the love for Buffalo. They face JAX and CLE down the stretch, that's it, and they've been torched here and there. Don't get it.

Philly this week is iffy but I feel they have a better defense than NE. On the road is a crap shoot. At home, they are a must start. 

At Home they are 4-0 only allowing 9.5 ppg. On the road they're 1-4 allowing 24.4 ppg. 

Definitely start them at home. Weeks 14 & 16 are at home. I'm keeping them.

The ww has nothing but junk on it. I don't trust the Cowboys & they would be the only other decent option.
Would much rather play Dallas in that spot.

At home, against a putrid BALT offense where Flacco will throw an int or fumble in his sleep.

Wilson is officially rolling. Stay away.

Miami looks like a key pickup for a playoff run.

Don't understand the love for Buffalo. They face JAX and CLE down the stretch, that's it, and they've been torched here and there. Don't get it.
I like the Miami thoughts, but I am not sold on that really.  They face AZ in week 14, and thats a crucial week/1st playoff round in some leagues.  Then they get Buffalo in week 16....championship week.

Buffalo has been putting up points, and it sounds like Sammy Watkins will be back and healthy by then, or at least there is a good chance of it. I want no parts of facing Buffalo in championship week 16, and add in the possibility of a returning Sammy combined with they look decent at times already. We can say what we want about Buffalo and their propensity to choke and lose games, but Tyrod has put up points with some limited talented around him this year, other than shady.

Now - the Buffalo love as a defense?? They have put up a load of sacks. Even in the week where they gave up 41 to NE, they had 5 sacks keeping them in positive points in our scoring. (1 point, but still)

I rather like BUFFALO @ HOME vs Cleveland then Miami in weeks 15 and 16.   Admittedly, they do face OAK and PIT in weeks 13-14 though.

If I can get to 15-16, I have no issue rolling out Buffalo.

On another defense note- in another league I snagged AZ off the wire when someone dropped them during week 9.  I have my concerns about them in week 12 @ ATL, then in championship week 16 @ SEA. :ph34r:

Already starting to think about alternate plans there.

I also have MIN in one last small league, and I am about done with their bull####.   I'm seriously thinking about just outright cutting them after waivers clear and snagging one of these........ BUFFALO, MIAMI, SD or WAS.

Streaming defenses........its not for the faint of heart boys...  :P

I remember a couple years back Insein and I and a few others had a great easy streaming thread. The streaming just seemed to work out most weeks.  This year has not been anywhere near as easy.  :wall:

TZM

I like the Miami thoughts, but I am not sold on that really.  They face AZ in week 14, and thats a crucial week/1st playoff round in some leagues.  Then they get Buffalo in week 16....championship week.

Buffalo has been putting up points, and it sounds like Sammy Watkins will be back and healthy by then, or at least there is a good chance of it. I want no parts of facing Buffalo in championship week 16, and add in the possibility of a returning Sammy combined with they look decent at times already. We can say what we want about Buffalo and their propensity to choke and lose games, but Tyrod has put up points with some limited talented around him this year, other than shady.

Now - the Buffalo love as a defense?? They have put up a load of sacks. Even in the week where they gave up 41 to NE, they had 5 sacks keeping them in positive points in our scoring. (1 point, but still)

I rather like BUFFALO @ HOME vs Cleveland then Miami in weeks 15 and 16.   Admittedly, they do face OAK and PIT in weeks 13-14 though.

If I can get to 15-16, I have no issue rolling out Buffalo.

On another defense note- in another league I snagged AZ off the wire when someone dropped them during week 9.  I have my concerns about them in week 12 @ ATL, then in championship week 16 @ SEA. :ph34r:

Already starting to think about alternate plans there.

I also have MIN in one last small league, and I am about done with their bull####.   I'm seriously thinking about just outright cutting them after waivers clear and snagging one of these........ BUFFALO, MIAMI, SD or WAS.

Streaming defenses........its not for the faint of heart boys...  :P

I remember a couple years back Insein and I and a few others had a great easy streaming thread. The streaming just seemed to work out most weeks.  This year has not been anywhere near as easy.  :wall:

TZM
Arizona is a great matchup for opposing defenses. Palmer has been a turnover machine.

Arizona is a great matchup for opposing defenses. Palmer has been a turnover machine.

Correct.  But I am of the belief that AZ  "gets it together" in a sense. I don't think they are going to return to last years elite status they seemed to have there for a while, but look at all the receiver chaos they have had this year, its being overlooked in my opinion.

John Brown has been gimpy or had health issues most of the year. Michael Floyd has been downright brutal with drops or flat out playing poorly. Now all of a sudden JJ Nelson looked off this week as well. Even Larry Fitz was gimpy there for a while, and may be now too.

They just haven't gotten it all together yet, and I see them getting a bit healthier now....especially at WR. (their line still has troubles too, I am not fully up to date on that)

They are getting Mathieu back soon too if I  am correct.... I believe this coming week.

I don't know if they are going to return to the powerhouse they were last year, but I do see them tightening up a bit heading towards the playoffs, which they aren't really "out of" yet.

Palmer has looked bad at times, but I think 1-2 of their losses were downright fluky, including the SEA game. I think he has been a problem yes, but I don't think its as bad as it may appear, and he may trend the other way somewhat.  Week 14 is an extremely important week, and by then we may be singing a different tune, thats all I'm saying.

Thats just part of it,......... Buffalo in week 16 is the clincher for me.   Even if I somehow make my way into week 16 USING Miami, I plan on making other arrangements that week.

Of course, everything goes out the window in championship matches, and all of a sudden "one week hail mary plays" surface, since future games (and future streaming)  are all meaningless at that point.

TZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously disappointed in San Diego vs Miami (1 pt). I was thinking of holding them through their bye but with all their injuries, they are droppable. Detroit coming off the bye vs. Jax this week.  

I would love to see the numbers on D's coming off a bye.  My guess is they're not as good as people like to think.  And I've been a sucker just like the rest.

Raiders D this week vs Osweiler anyone?!?
Was thinking about this myself... they were a sleeper D heading into this year, then just flopped coming out of the gates.  Houston isn't scary at all... not sure how long I'd trust Oakland after that, but... may get you through this week.

Users who are viewing this thread