What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streak is over at 39 games... (1 Viewer)

bengalbuck

Footballguy
The Ravens had gone 39 straight games without giving up a 100 yard rusher.

With 7 minutes left, Cedric Benson has 26 carries for 119 yards.

Cedric is showing he is a must start no matter how bad the matchup.

steal of the draft
Went right before me when I had my eye on him.Been trying to trade for him since day one and the owner won't give him up.Now his value is a bit too high for what Id like to give up (eventhough the owner is 0-fer)

I don't know when I am going to get over owning this guy when he was garbage.

I sat him this week. Agreed that I can't again

I don't know when I am going to get over owning this guy when he was garbage. I sat him this week. Agreed that I can't again
Just wait til Andre Smith is in there (after the bye, week 10 vs. Steelers most likely). The weakest link on the line has been that RT spot where Dennis Roland got the majority of the snaps today.

What are people thinking of Ced this week. He has been great but has tough match up on the road this week

I have other options but curious to know what others are doing

What are people thinking of Ced this week. He has been great but has tough match up on the road this weekI have other options but curious to know what others are doing
he will get shut down. You can't bench him, because he's proved himself against some solid run Ds so far this year, as has his line. But the steel curtain, at home. Not gonna be pretty...I'm saying under 50 yards, however if I had him(traded for big ben week 3) I'd be starting him...

What are people thinking of Ced this week. He has been great but has tough match up on the road this weekI have other options but curious to know what others are doing
I'm starting him every week regardless of his opponent. He simply gets too many touches to not start IMO. Even if he gets "shut down" in a sense, I can see him scoring a TD because of the amount of touches he gets.

he will get shut down. You can't bench him, because he's proved himself against some solid run Ds so far this year, as has his line. But the steel curtain, at home. Not gonna be pretty...I'm saying under 50 yards, however if I had him(traded for big ben week 3) I'd be starting him...
I'm benching him this week and will be starting both Ronnie and Ricky instead. In the last Pitt game, he only had 34 yards entering the 4th quarter, picking up 42 and a TD on the last 2 drives. That was in Cincy against a Steeler team without Polamalu. I hope he does well but if there were any game to bench him, this is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are people thinking of Ced this week. He has been great but has tough match up on the road this week

I'm benching him this week and will be starting both Ronnie and Ricky instead. In the last Pitt game, he only had 34 yards entering the 4th quarter, picking up 42 and a TD on the last 2 drives. That was in Cincy against a Steeler team without Polamalu. I hope he does well but if there were any game to bench him, this is it.
:lmao: I'm not really sure I follow this logic.

I'm starting him every week regardless of his opponent. He simply gets too many touches to not start IMO. Even if he gets "shut down" in a sense, I can see him scoring a TD because of the amount of touches he gets.
I'm leaving him on the bench this week for Hightower vs. Sea. I will probably regret it but im in a PPR and the way Pitt shut down the run game of Den last week and being at home and the first game vs. Cinncy was w/o Polumulu(sp) all adds up to being shut out of both yds and TD's this week. I could change my mind and put him in a flex where i have Cothchery right now but will probably hold still. Benson has some real nice matchups coming up the next 2-3 weeks.

I don't know when I am going to get over owning this guy when he was garbage. I sat him this week. Agreed that I can't again
Just wait til Andre Smith is in there (after the bye, week 10 vs. Steelers most likely). The weakest link on the line has been that RT spot where Dennis Roland got the majority of the snaps today.
as somebody who probably watches more Bengals games then I ... do you not think Smith having a foot injury will have a negative impact on his already questionable foot speed?

There's an off-chance I'll consider him as a Flex against the Steelers.

It's either Ced or roll the dice on a wounded Megatron (at the Vikes) or the fully recovered Cotchery at home off the bye against the Jags.

I'm leaning towards Jerricho at the moment.

There's an off-chance I'll consider him as a Flex against the Steelers.It's either Ced or roll the dice on a wounded Megatron (at the Vikes) or the fully recovered Cotchery at home off the bye against the Jags.I'm leaning towards Jerricho at the moment.
That's who I have in at flex over Benson. Going against Jax weak pass D I think adds up to some good yardage and a possible score for Cotchery.

Im playing him this week.

Benson did average 4.8 ypc against Pittsburgh last time around.

I think Palmer will have a good day moving the ball through the air. And hopefully Palmer can move the ball well enough to get

Benson a goaline carry or two. Aside from that, Benson will probably struggle between the 20s.

However, Benson is getting almost ALL the carries. Pittsburgh's opponents are averaging 3.7 ypc rushing against them.

Benson is averaging 24.8 carries a game.

So that translates into 92 rushing yards. If he can punch 1 or 2 TD's in, then it's a productive fantasy day.

:rolleyes: I'm not really sure I follow this logic.
Obviously those 42 yards and a score in the 4th quarter didn't count.

kaa said:
jurb26 said:
BuckeyeArt said:

:mellow: I'm not really sure I follow this logic.
Obviously those 42 yards and a score in the 4th quarter didn't count.
if you take away that one big quarter he only averaged....

Users who are viewing this thread