What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Strategy at the 2/3 turn (1 Viewer)

cbmd81

Footballguy
When picking in the top 4, what’s your preferred strategy at the 2/3 turn after taking a bellcow RB in rd 1?

I will take Evans if he falls (12 team league), but if he doesn’t, I’m not in love with any of the WR’s in that tier.  Meanwhile- I view a see of value/upside in the RB’s going in that range.  This makes me tempted to take a RB-RB-RB start and plug a potential stud RB as my weekly flex.

What’s your approach? 

I drafted 5th, Took (1)Johnson, (2)Mixon, Allen in the 3rd. Though, with Mixon and Cook both lasting to my 2nd pick, I wish I regretted not taking D Adams 1st. RBs usually go quickly in this league so didn't expect Cook/Mixon to make it back to me. Also, in this league, anyway, Evans wouldn't have made it to your 2nd pick.

I had the second pick in a 12 team draft.  Evans was my target with 2.11 but he went earlier in the round so I went RB/RB/RB but we have two flex spots so it was an easier call than most.

I have a hard time letting AB go by in the early 3rd for one of those backs, so for me it's stud RB 1st rnd with that early pick and then "best value in the 2nd" and AB in the early 3rd. 

I have the 1st overall in a FBG league tomorrow and that is my exact strategy, either Barkley or Zeke(if he signs before draft time) and then ^^^ up there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If two of Evans, Thielen and A Brown fall there, which is very possible given all of their current ADP's, I'd take two of them without thinking twice.  Okay, I might have to think about A. Brown for a minute since he is a nut job who was off my board altogether for a few days, but I'd still pull the trigger since he is such a stat whore. 

The more I look at mocks and ADP, I don’t see myself passing up on Carson at the 3.5, assuming I got RB/WR 1st and 2nd. 

Users who are viewing this thread