What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (15 Viewers)

Everyone watching GME and AMC and rightly so, but the real mother of all short squeezes happened in FFIE. 96% short float.

Closed Monday at $0.07. Pre market this morning is $2.61:eek:
I’m pretty sure they were a SPAC at one time. I wonder how many reverse splits it has had because it’s high back in 2021 was in the 4000s. Safe to say that this squeeze hasn’t quite gotten people whole on the stock.

$AMC sold $250 million worth of shares. $GME should, too - it’d be irresponsible not to.

$GME selling 45 million shares.
lol. But Ryan would never do that! Diamond hands, we control the float!

Here’s an interesting article which basically says what I posted on Monday that RK and crew setup before his tweet.

JFC, are there any articles not written by a bot or not even edited/reviewed:

This is about the GME offering. It has “a MC” in the article multiple times and “Maureen Kitty” instead of Roaring Kitty. I’m sure there’s more but it’s hard to read if you know English and proper grammar.

Everyone watching GME and AMC and rightly so, but the real mother of all short squeezes happened in FFIE. 96% short float.

I got in at .28.
You’re buying the next 50 rounds
I've never been able to hit on stuff like this. It was a total fluke. I bought about $300 of GME a long time ago on Robinhood. It went way down, and I swore if I ever got back to even, I'd sell and close the account. I looked on Tuesday and it was up to like $650, so I happily cashed out. About an hour later a friend of mine texted me about FFIE so I bought a couple thousand shares on a whim. It's been a fun ride. I did sell some at 1.50, and really regret it because it's gone straight up since.

I got in at .28.
You’re buying the next 50 rounds
I've never been able to hit on stuff like this. It was a total fluke. I bought about $300 of GME a long time ago on Robinhood. It went way down, and I swore if I ever got back to even, I'd sell and close the account. I looked on Tuesday and it was up to like $650, so I happily cashed out. About an hour later a friend of mine texted me about FFIE so I bought a couple thousand shares on a whim. It's been a fun ride. I did sell some at 1.50, and really regret it because it's gone straight up since.
Don’t ever regret a one-week 4 bagger (especially since it’s dropped back close to there). Nice trade. 👍

TTD quietly up about 25% in a month.
I should have never sold any of it. Some I sold over $90, but I sold more below that to diversify and while some did well it would have been better to leave it all in. It was one of the first individual stocks I bought. Still have a nice chunks of it as it’s my second largest holding still. I’ll take a 459% return.

Uranium spot price about to hit $80 and the stocks have all been on the hop. There's a lot of moving parts here, but the US and Russia are negotiating about as well as the house republicans to keep the crucial relationships we have in place friendly and ongoing. Russia threatening to take their ball and go home. Meanwhile, the Kazakhs have been selling whatever they can to the Chinese and the Kazakhs have very little in the budget for new mine production.

I'm playing this with DNN - Denison Mines. They not only have meaningful production capacity in Canada but have 2.5 millions pounds of U3O8 physical uranium stored at an average cost of $29/Lb. Back in 2006/2007 when uranium was at all time highs, this was a like a $20 stock. :shrug:

Added more today. I think we're going to see a longer, sustained uptick in physical uranium, which will no doubt lift all the miners, even the crappy little ones that hardly produce.

I'm in since your first post.

Up a bit already

💲💲💲

How we doin?

Uranium spot price about to hit $80 and the stocks have all been on the hop. There's a lot of moving parts here, but the US and Russia are negotiating about as well as the house republicans to keep the crucial relationships we have in place friendly and ongoing. Russia threatening to take their ball and go home. Meanwhile, the Kazakhs have been selling whatever they can to the Chinese and the Kazakhs have very little in the budget for new mine production.

I'm playing this with DNN - Denison Mines. They not only have meaningful production capacity in Canada but have 2.5 millions pounds of U3O8 physical uranium stored at an average cost of $29/Lb. Back in 2006/2007 when uranium was at all time highs, this was a like a $20 stock. :shrug:

Added more today. I think we're going to see a longer, sustained uptick in physical uranium, which will no doubt lift all the miners, even the crappy little ones that hardly produce.

Up a bit already

💲💲💲

How we doin?
Up 28%

Up a bit already

💲💲💲

How we doin?
Up 28%

HOT DOG!

We are up 51% on TTD since we went in on 11/10/23 when it got slaughtered on earnings.

I think at the time I posted about this one I was looking for 35% inside 12-18 months. Welp this baby has run up indeed!

We have a 120 October covered calls on it as well. We took in $8 premiums on those.

Go ahead…..take it. Please.

How is everyones utility holdings doing since I pounded the table last year when the sector hit multi year lows?

2nd best performing sector in 2024 thus far.

They are also going to be a big part of the AI revolution folks. You gotta power all these data centers!!!!

We are up 51% on TTD since we went in on 11/10/23 when it got slaughtered on earnings.

I think at the time I posted about this one I was looking for 35% inside 12-18 months. Welp this baby has run up indeed!

We have a 120 October covered calls on it as well. We took in $8 premiums on those.

How is everyones utility holdings doing since I pounded the table last year when the sector hit multi year lows?

They are also going to be a big part of the AI revolution folks. You gotta power all these data centers!!!!

Power them with nuclear!

Power them with nuclear!
That would make too much sense.

Damn near 30%. :towelwave:

Woulda bought TTD, but every nook and cranny was filled with XLU. No complaints. 30% up and it's still yielding over 3.25%.

Woulda bought TTD, but every nook and cranny was filled with XLU. No complaints. 30% up and it's still yielding over 3.25%.

NRG has been a beast in my individual stocks Roth account, powering past OKE and even NVDA to become my largest position there. And CEG is by far the biggest % winner I hold, up almost 600%!

NRG has been a beast in my individual stocks Roth account, powering past OKE and even NVDA to become my largest position there. And CEG is by far the biggest % winner I hold, up almost 600%!
I still hold all the CEG from the spinoff a while back. Another nice winner.

I'm on the sidelines for GME, but I do have a double position in ETHE, so I hope the GME roller coaster eventually creates a crypto pump.
ETHE up big today

Sentiment on the likelihood of a spot ETH ETF being approved this week seems to have become much more positive. https://x.com/EricBalchunas/status/1792636523050906102. Unlike the price action on the BTC ETF, which seemed to have been "sell the event" because everyone knew it was coming, this could end up being a pretty decent catalyst since most people seemed to think it was pretty unlikely it would happen anytime soon.

Officially done with Nike. Should have cut bait sooner but I was stubborn. Just listening to my wife struggling to deal with Fanatics yesterday was the final straw for me. What a hideous business with just absurd customer service. F them and good riddance Nike....should have ejected you when you laid off my a bunch of my friends. Rot.
I'm kind of a sneakerhead and Nike isn't it. They haven't created anything new and is just selling stuff we could buy in the 80's and 90s with old and new colorways. I'm enjoying buying sneakers at a discount but this doesn't benefit shareholders. They blamed Covid for not being able to create new designs when other brands were able to. I'm sure they will figure it out.

I own D in my roth and would like to add CEG but it's gone up so much.

Is the play XLU? It's probably the safest.

According to the JLL report, there is a lack of available data center leasing options offering more than 1 megawatt. To address current constraints and meet future demand, Dominion Energy has two transmission lines under construction in Northern Virginia to serve the data center market.

More than 70% of the world’s internet traffic comes through Data Center Alley, six square miles in Loudoun County’s Ashburn area, and in 2022, Northern Virginia accounted for 64% of the total new data center capacity brought online in primary markets across the U.S., according to the North American Data Center Trends Report by CBRE.

However, data centers have become a point of contention in Northern Virginia, particularly in Prince William County. Supervisors voted late last year to approve the Prince William Digital Gateway, a 2,100-acre, 23 million-square-foot campus that is expected to be the world’s largest data center facility, with an expected $500 million in local annual tax revenue when finished. The vote came after a 27-hour public meeting filled with residents opposing and supporting the project, and state lawmakers are pushing for more oversight of local data center decisions.

But localities in Central Virginia and points east and west are also courting data centers, and in January 2023, Amazon Web Services announced it would invest $35 billion by 2040 to establish multiple data center campuses across the commonwealth. There’s growing interest in areas outside Northern Virginia due to lower land prices and more available property, officials say.

Officially done with Nike. Should have cut bait sooner but I was stubborn. Just listening to my wife struggling to deal with Fanatics yesterday was the final straw for me. What a hideous business with just absurd customer service. F them and good riddance Nike....should have ejected you when you laid off my a bunch of my friends. Rot.
I'm kind of a sneakerhead and Nike isn't it. They haven't created anything new and is just selling stuff we could buy in the 80's and 90s with old and new colorways. I'm enjoying buying sneakers at a discount but this doesn't benefit shareholders. They blamed Covid for not being able to create new designs when other brands were able to. I'm sure they will figure it out.

No, their leadership right now is terrible. I'm probably going to short them to try and make up the money I lost.

NI has done well for me. And it's supported by Knights, so you know it's good.

Which ones do you see the most value in currently?

NI has done well for me. And it's supported by Knights, so you know it's good.
What you did there, I see it.

I don't know how people typically play selling down an overweight position, but for things I want to hold l-t, I've taken to selling enough to recoup my extra investment and pocketing extra shares with the earnings. It's like a demented DRIP.

I was 3u long into MELI. Yesterday I sold enough of the extra 2 that I bought on the post-earnings dip to get back my added investment and keep some "free" shares for the trouble. Still think there's upside there, and the original 1u+ continues to be a l-t hold. But the extra that I grabbed last quarter goes back into the "need to de-risk" bucket.

Thought nvda reported today. Was very surprised to see no movement after hours lol
They can't blow up on earnings again...can they?

I can’t imagine but I guess so. I would expect even the slightest divergence off of expectations would bring a lot of red.
The divergence (if there is today) is if huge vendors hold back orders to wait for the next gen chips.

If so….it could create an opportunity to add more long term if it’s a violent pullback.

But I expect stupid growth numbers yet again for NVDA.

With their growth rate and profits it’s not that expensive.

I don't know how people typically play selling down an overweight position, but for things I want to hold l-t, I've taken to selling enough to recoup my extra investment and pocketing extra shares with the earnings. It's like a demented DRIP.

I was 3u long into MELI. Yesterday I sold enough of the extra 2 that I bought on the post-earnings dip to get back my added investment and keep some "free" shares for the trouble. Still think there's upside there, and the original 1u+ continues to be a l-t hold. But the extra that I grabbed last quarter goes back into the "need to de-risk" bucket.
I like to sell near-the-money covered calls. Gets you almost like another dividend. If the shares are called away, so be it. That was your intent. If the price drops and the option expires, repeat.

Thought nvda reported today. Was very surprised to see no movement after hours lol

I can’t imagine but I guess so. I would expect even the slightest divergence off of expectations would bring a lot of red.
The divergence (if there is today) is if huge vendors hold back orders to wait for the next gen chips.

If so….it could create an opportunity to add more long term if it’s a violent pullback.

It’s not that expensive now. I do think they will hit another lull like they did for mining and gaming. In the past they’ve had a lot of cycles. Right now they are charging whatever they want so it will be interesting to see how long that lasts before the data center folks don’t need more and competition gets stronger. They are the leaders but this isn’t like Apple and iPhones where they own the ecosystem. I also don’t want to act like they aren’t going to do well or make money but they’ve been interesting because they’ve had periods scarcity before followed by lulls. The YoY comps have been so crazy because the year prior their revenue went down.

It’s been my primary buy over the past 12 months.

It’s not that expensive now. I do think they will hit another lull like they did for mining and gaming. In the past they’ve had a lot of cycles. Right now they are charging whatever they want so it will be interesting to see how long that lasts before the data center folks don’t need more and competition gets stronger. They are the leaders but this isn’t like Apple and iPhones where they own the ecosystem. I also don’t want to act like they aren’t going to do well or make money but they’ve been interesting because they’ve had periods scarcity before followed by lulls. The YoY comps have been so crazy because the year prior their revenue went down.
They are selling the pick axes for the gold rush (AI) and are way ahead of everyone else.

It’s compelling. And I expect it to last a while.

Still riding this pony.

They are selling the pick axes for the gold rush (AI) and are way ahead of everyone else.

Still riding this pony.
Yeah, probably is still early but it’ll be interesting to see if the big guys caped spend slows any time soon. The ramp up was really fast.

Still riding this pony.
Yeah, probably is still early but it’ll be interesting to see if the big guys caped spend slows any time soon. The ramp up was really fast.
Agree and we will see a lull here most likely short term.

So it could present a nice opportunity to buy more for the longer term.

I like to sell near-the-money covered calls. Gets you almost like another dividend. If the shares are called away, so be it. That was your intent. If the price drops and the option expires, repeat.
Also a fan. I had more MELI than I intended. I did not have an extra 100 shares kicking around.

Users who are viewing this thread