What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Jackson's ESPN Fantasy Article (1 Viewer)

dwashington

Footballguy
Speaking of getting back, there is a lot of speculation on me this week, but I can tell you that I am close. Very, very close. I ran last week, I felt stellar, and, as you all know, I've just been itching to get back on the field. Marc's coming back, you all saw that, right? He's ready to play now, and I think it couldn't have come at a better time, since we have Seattle this week, and we've always had great games with the Seahawks. I wish I could be out there, but it'll just be a little longer.
Have a great week, everyone. And hold tight to me in your leaguesyou may be seeing me sooner than you expected.
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...tory?id=3068845

Again, it could easily be because I traded him away week 5, but I still objectively think he reaggravates it within 2 games and is put on IR. That seems a heck of a lot more realistic then he's going to come back and light the world on fire, particularly with his pre injury showing. :lmao:

Again, it could easily be because I traded him away week 5, but I still objectively think he reaggravates it within 2 games and is put on IR. That seems a heck of a lot more realistic then he's going to come back and light the world on fire, particularly with his pre injury showing. :shrug:
My logic as well although I give it 1/2 game instead of 2 games.

What makes you think he'll reaggravate his injury? At this point in the season for St.Louis they know they're not making the playoffs. If SJax comes back I expect him to be 100%

Steven Jackson is making a spirited run at playing Sunday in Seattle. Jackson did limited work Wednesday in his first practice since suffering a partially torn groin muscle Sept. 23 at Tampa Bay. On Thursday, he turned up the jets further.

“He did a little bit more. Not a whole lot more, but he did a little bit,” coach Scott Linehan said. Asked whether he thought Jackson could be ready for the Seahawks, Linehan said, “We’ll see. He’s not out.”

Still, Jackson would have to be considered a long shot, especially since Linehan doesn’t plan to ease him back into action. “We wouldn’t play him just to be a depth player,” Linehan said. “He’d be in there as our back if we played him.”
http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-aroun...oser-to-return/

Really have to wait and see on this one - I don't see them risking a guy in what is already a lost season with the bye upcoming. Unless everyone is 100% sure the SJax is fully healed without risking reinjury, why not wait until after the bye - then finish up strong and build momentum for next year.

You bring him back a week or two earlier and he reinjures the groin, who knows if his CAREER will be what it can and should be. Not worth the risk imo, but Im not making the decisions - Im sure as a player he wants to get out there ASAP.

Really have to wait and see on this one - I don't see them risking a guy in what is already a lost season with the bye upcoming. Unless everyone is 100% sure the SJax is fully healed without risking reinjury, why not wait until after the bye - then finish up strong and build momentum for next year.You bring him back a week or two earlier and he reinjures the groin, who knows if his CAREER will be what it can and should be. Not worth the risk imo, but Im not making the decisions - Im sure as a player he wants to get out there ASAP.
Agreed.

He's not playing if he is not healthy. Therefore, if he plays, he's healthy. The Rams are not idiots, they know it's their franchise. They won't risk it. He'll play when he is ready, whenever that may be. If he plays next week, get ready.

Another thing.....what do you expect him to say in his own article? Won't be much of an attraction if he writes what could be the truth: "Yeah, I'm probably not going to be back for a long time since our team has no shot at the playoffs, why would I risk my career with further injury? In other news, ummmm......I went to a sweet club last night......ummmm.....nothing to see here anymore."

Not much of an article if he doesn't have a return on the short horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread