What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Jackson benched? (1 Viewer)

Thumper

Footballguy
Not sure if this is true or not, but I just heard Steven Jackson was benched for spiking the ball and getting a 15 yd personal penalty. Is this true?

Yes, he made a personal foul call by spiking the ball. Fisher is making an example out of him right now. Rams have played a lot better since he left the game. This could be the changing of the guard right here.

This might turn into a full blown RBBC. What a disaster for SJax owners.
I think you guys may be getting a little ahead of yourselves with the rbbc talk.
Why isn't he back into a close game then? It's looking to me like SJax was benched because Fisher was PO'ed at him and wanted to set an example. His replacement, Richardson, is looking really good while he's out. SJax released his hold on the starter ranks and gave the Rams just enough time to peek behind the curtain and give us a look at a guy that, who the heck knows, might have it. Maybe a year ahead of schedule, but its looking like Richardson's earning the right to more looks.SJax couldn't have been more foolish.

Wow, that is hard to believe. This was right after a very close play at the goal line. I'm sure he felt he broke the plane with the ball. (I saw a replay that made it look like he did.)

Hard to believe a respected veteran and strong player like Jackson would get benched for a lapse in judgment given the circumstances. It's not like he regularly makes stupid plays like this.

:thumbdown:

This might turn into a full blown RBBC. What a disaster for SJax owners.
I think you guys may be getting a little ahead of yourselves with the rbbc talk.
Why isn't he back into a close game then? It's looking to me like SJax was benched because Fisher was PO'ed at him and wanted to set an example. His replacement, Richardson, is looking really good while he's out. SJax released his hold on the starter ranks and gave the Rams just enough time to peek behind the curtain and give us a look at a guy that, who the heck knows, might have it. Maybe a year ahead of schedule, but its looking like Richardson's earning the right to more looks.SJax couldn't have been more foolish.
+1

SJax and Pead owner. I realized after week 1 that I needed to grab Richardson. Our waivers dont start until after week 2 so that ship has now sailed. Cat is out of the bag.

:ptts:

Having SJax as my RB2 I feel like I'm forced to make a really strong play to pick up Richardson now just to protect my investment. :thumbdown:

Having SJax as my RB2 I feel like I'm forced to make a really strong play to pick up Richardson now just to protect my investment. :thumbdown:
SJax likely to remain the starter but he becomes a must have handcuff.
:unsure:

Seems pretty harsh to bench a guy the entire rest of the game don't you think?
So you think after what Sjax has done for the franchise and after not exhibiting any real signs of slowing down, he's going to be outright benched for the rest of the season.. for spiking the ball? Don't get me wrong Drich looked good, but Sjax looked just as good ripping off large chunks on all but one carry before getting benched. I find it hard to believe he's going to be riding the pine for the rest of the season just like that. Fisher would have to be a complete and total ****.

doubt he was benched for that one play.

good possibility there is more going on behind the scenes.

that said i would be shocked if he loses his starter status.

(that said i am glad i picked up Richardson in all of my leagues this week)

So you think after what Sjax has done for the franchise and after not exhibiting any real signs of slowing down, he's going to be outright benched for the rest of the season.. for spiking the ball? Don't get me wrong Drich looked good, but Sjax looked just as good ripping off large chunks on all but one carry before getting benched. I find it hard to believe he's going to be riding the pine for the rest of the season just like that. Fisher would have to be a complete and total ****.
You just gave him a nickname... kiss of death bro. :thumbdown:

Fisher is playing for 2013/2014...where does SJax fit into that equation?

You just gave him a nickname... kiss of death bro. :thumbdown:
I wasn't the first = /.Alright so for all SJax owners, what % of your FAAB budgets are you going to be spending to acquire Daryl Richardson.

Really dumb, Fisher was the idiot who didn't challenge the play. SJax spiked it out of frustration as if to say that's a TD call it ref. I don't own SJax but that was lame.

And that decision may have just cost them the ballgame....Richardson fumbles and the Redskins recover with 2:40 remaining in a 3 pt game.

Rotoworld just posted this crap: :rolleyes:

The Rams benched Steven Jackson after he was penalized for spiking the football in the second quarter.

Jackson had a good day working with 58 yards on nine carries before the unsportsmanlike penalty, which occurred following a failed goal-line chance. Since then, he has not played a single snap as new head coach Jeff Fisher sends a message. Rookie Daryl Richardson has taken over as the feature back

I think it's his hair. Fisher probably isn't a fan of the rasfarian dreadlocks. Time for a change in saint lou.

Leaving fantasy football out of it for a moment. Jackson was having a great day before the dumb move he made and he is there best player at this point in time. Sometimes you have to wonder what coaches are thinking. Sure Richardson looked fine but again , you dont cut off your nose to spite your face as they say. Hes not hurting Jackson. Jackson still getting paid. hes hurting the whole team and the fans. ANd forget the fact that Jackson toiled all these bad years and was a good solider and never complained. Just dont understand some of these coaches. Again I am leaving fantasy out of it.

Leaving fantasy football out of it for a moment. Jackson was having a great day before the dumb move he made and he is there best player at this point in time. Sometimes you have to wonder what coaches are thinking. Sure Richardson looked fine but again , you dont cut off your nose to spite your face as they say. Hes not hurting Jackson. Jackson still getting paid. hes hurting the whole team and the fans. ANd forget the fact that Jackson toiled all these bad years and was a good solider and never complained. Just dont understand some of these coaches. Again I am leaving fantasy out of it.
Agreed. He's endured playing on one of the worst football teams in the modern era, never once speaking out about it. He just goes out there and puts up 1400+ yards ever year. If this was a case like Turner, who truly holds back his team, I'd understand. SJax on the other hand looks just as good as ever. I dare anyone to re-watch the first half and tell me SJax has a lost a step. He was breaking off chunks of yardage with ease. The dude is still a beast.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports that a sore hamstring played a role in Steven Jackson's benching Sunday.

It looked like coach Jeff Fisher simply sat Jackson down after an unsportsmanlike penalty in the second quarter. But La Canfora stresses that it "wasn't just a benching." Considering Jackson's status as a veteran leader and consummate professional, the hamstring explanation makes sense. Owners need to make sure backup Daryl Richardson is on their rosters as we await for details on the severity of Jackson's strain.

Really dumb, Fisher was the idiot who didn't challenge the play. SJax spiked it out of frustration as if to say that's a TD call it ref. I don't own SJax but that was lame.
Exactly, It was a TD. ##### Fisher just needed to challenge it, but he was more concerned about showing hia authority than winning the game. I wish they would have lost. Fisher is a jerk IMO

I have followed SJAX's career for the past 8 years. I have never seen him get a unsportsmanlike penalty. Why would you bench a player for one mistake? Fisher needs to explain!

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports that a sore hamstring played a role in Steven Jackson's benching Sunday.It looked like coach Jeff Fisher simply sat Jackson down after an unsportsmanlike penalty in the second quarter. But La Canfora stresses that it "wasn't just a benching." Considering Jackson's status as a veteran leader and consummate professional, the hamstring explanation makes sense. Owners need to make sure backup Daryl Richardson is on their rosters as we await for details on the severity of Jackson's strain.
Fisher said it was a minor groin but followed it with saying he could have played.I bet it was a temporary benching but in doing do SJ tighted up upon getting cold.

According to Jason LaCanfora, Jackson was sat with a hamstring issue.
Interesting. Either we are making a big deal out of nothing or Fisher's trying to save face.
This was my first thought, but why would Sjax go along with Fisher trying to cover his ###?It is odd that NO ONE reported this during the game though. Usually, we are informed when the center piece of an offense gets injured..usually.

Fisher got paid a lot of money to work for the Rams. He wants to let SJax know who's the man in stl. Could be a ego thing also.

Users who are viewing this thread