What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Jackson Accused of Beating Pregnant Girlfriend (1 Viewer)

wadegarrett

FFA Legend™
Says TMZ.

NFL Star Accused of Beating Pregnant Girlfriend

Posted Jan 28th 2010 12:47PM by TMZ Staff

Steven Jackson -- the starting running back for the St. Louis Rams -- has been accused of one of the most vile crimes imaginable ... beating up his girlfriend while she was nine months pregnant with his child.

Jackson's then-girlfriend Supriya Harris claims the NFL star got physical during an "argument" in March 2009 ... this according to a complaint filed with the Las Vegas Police Department.

In her complaint, Harris says, "Steven became enraged and pushed me to the ground, repeatedly."

Harris also claims Jackson, "forcibly grabbed my arm and flung me against the door. I was crying and trying to protect my stomach from the blows, as I was 9 mos pregnant."

In the complaint, Harris claims Jackson "continued to shove me against the door until his nephew ... interceded and yelled, 'uncle, she has a baby, stop.'"

Harris claims she was "bleeding heavily" from wounds she received after she was smashed into a door handle.

Harris says Jackson took her to a nearby hospital -- but instructed her to lie and tell doctors that she was injured from a fall in the shower.

Ten days after the alleged incident, Harris gave birth to their son. According to the complaint, Harris claims she left Steven 4 months later -- after he threatened to beat her up again at a music festival in New Orleans.

Jackson and Harris have been arguing over child support payments -- and recently Harris had filed documents with the court begging the judge to force Steven to pay up. That case is still pending.

We talked to Jackson's rep -- but we're still waiting for comment. Harris declined to comment on the matter.
ETA: Link

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it's not true. I would go on his twitter account from time to time this year to see if he was talking about his injury status, and was impressed by how nice he seemed. chatting with fans, talking with family.. prayer, church.. Seemed like he was pretty grounded..

Obviously this would paint a different picture of him. Alot of stuff gets said true and untrue when fighting over money.. so we'll see how it goes.

SIGH

Maybe, at some point, people will realize that what an athlete does on the field, and in interviews (and on Twitter) has almost no bearing on what kind of human being they are otherwise. If we as sports fans would just stop pretending like these guys are great people (they might be, they might not be) and just accept that our affection for them is PURELY because they make plays, we would be a lot better off.

Pretty weird this is coming out almost a year after the fact (the article says it happened in March 2009).

Pretty weird this is coming out almost a year after the fact (the article says it happened in March 2009).
She didn't want to cause a distraction during the season and affect any hopes of a title run.In all seriousness, though, the story just seems fishy overall. No way to really say though, at this point, without knowing more information.

She didn't want to cause a distraction during the season and affect any hopes of a title run.In all seriousness, though, the story just seems fishy overall. No way to really say though, at this point, without knowing more information.
rams title run LOL

St. Loius Post Dispatch link saying CBS is reporting it as well.

Reports: Steven Jackson accused of assaulting pregnant girlfriend

By Mike Smith

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

CBSSports.com and TMZ.com reported today that a former girlfriend has accused Rams running back Steven Jackson of assaulting her when she was nine months pregnant, according to a criminal complaint she filed with the Las Vegas Police Department.

CBSSports.com reported that the girlfriend, Supriya Harris, told police the assault occurred during an argument in March 2009. She said Jackson repeatedly pushed her to the ground and that she suffered bleeding from her wounds.

Harris says in the complaint that she gave birth to her son soon after the alleged assault.

According to TMZ, a celebrity-focused website: Jackson took Harris to a hospital to be treated for her injuries, but asked her to lie and tell doctors she was injured when she fell in the shower.

TMZ.com also reported that Jackson and Harris have been arguing over child-support payments, and that she recently asked a judge in the case to force Jackson to make payments.

Jackson’s hometown is Las Vegas. He has played for the Rams since 2004, and this past season was the NFL’s second-leading rusher despite playing for a 1-15 team.

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo released a statement on Jackson:

“We are aware of the situation involving Steven Jackson. We are in the process of gathering information. We are always concerned with issues involving our players.”

SIGHMaybe, at some point, people will realize that what an athlete does on the field, and in interviews (and on Twitter) has almost no bearing on what kind of human being they are otherwise. If we as sports fans would just stop pretending like these guys are great people (they might be, they might not be) and just accept that our affection for them is PURELY because they make plays, we would be a lot better off.
Reality is that these guys are literally trained to be beasts on the field. While some can "turn it off" when not on the field, fact of the matter is many can not. I will not go as far as saying "they are bred to be animals", but I have no qualms about saying they are trained to be. Whether they can differentiate real life vs. Sundays is what separates guys that do the lecture circuit after they retire instead of 5-10 in county jail.Problem is, for the average athlete to reach great hights, they almost have to morph into something else mentally.

Yeah, that was my first thought too. When something like this comes out this long after the fact, and at a time that the alleged victim is trying to get money... probably best to reserve judgment until more is known.

i hate to say this, but it sounds like a way to try and get more money. i mean a person has to be pretty horrible to hit any woman that would be pregnant, let alone 9 months pregnant and carrying your own child.

truly sad if this is true.

This smells fishy to me as well.

An EX-girlfriend makes an allegation 10 months after the altercation...why wait that long?

Is this an EX-gf seeking revenge and a quick buck?

People with money are very often targetted like this (see Big Ben).

SIGHMaybe, at some point, people will realize that what an athlete does on the field, and in interviews (and on Twitter) has almost no bearing on what kind of human being they are otherwise. If we as sports fans would just stop pretending like these guys are great people (they might be, they might not be) and just accept that our affection for them is PURELY because they make plays, we would be a lot better off.
I agree but I have never heard a bad word about Jackson. Pujol's, McGwire (now and then) and a bunch of sports stars around here have caught a lot of flack however.

if he'd whipped dogs he'd already be 1-3 years prison

as it is, he just beat a pregnant woman - that's 1/2 his net worth (if her lawyers are good)

Considering the timing so long after the fact and that they are currently arguing over money, I'll remain pretty skeptical until more information comes available.

I call BS here, at least until more details come out. I've been following SJ since he was a Beaver and find it highly unlikely a guy with as much class as him would beat on a girl, pregnant or not. This is too hard to believe. If it ends up being true I will be completely surprised.

SIGHMaybe, at some point, we can stop rushing to judgements against everyone on the basis of tabloid journalists and wait for the whole story to come out. If we as sports fans would stop pretending that we know how good or bad a guy is just by reading one report, maybe we could actually inject some humanity into the sport instead of turning these guys into pieces of meat. We would be a lot better off.

A Statement From Steven

by Steven Jackson

It's disheartening that I have to address any alleged allegations 10 months later, but I have read the accusations made by Supriya Harris, and they are untrue. The accusations are especially hurtful because those who truly know me know that those actions would be out of character for me. Miss Harris is the mother of my son, a son that I love and that I willingly support emotionally and financially. I will address this matter thoroughly through the appropriate avenues, but not through the media.

http://twitter.com/sj39/status/8341936303

I call BS here, at least until more details come out. I've been following SJ since he was a Beaver and find it highly unlikely a guy with as much class as him would beat on a girl, pregnant or not. This is too hard to believe. If it ends up being true I will be completely surprised.
Lot of people said the same thing about Tiger Woods, great family man, high morals, you never know about the dark side of anyone.Never say class until the facts are out, just sayin

Lot of people said the same thing about Tiger Woods, great family man, high morals, you never know about the dark side of anyone.Never say class until the facts are out, just sayin
I'm willing to go out on a limb for SJ and give him the benefit of the doubt. If facts prove me wrong I'll be more upset about SJ letting his fans and family down than having to admit I'm wrong.

SIGHMaybe, at some point, we can stop rushing to judgements against everyone on the basis of tabloid journalists and wait for the whole story to come out. If we as sports fans would stop pretending that we know how good or bad a guy is just by reading one report, maybe we could actually inject some humanity into the sport instead of turning these guys into pieces of meat. We would be a lot better off.
You're putting words in my mouth. I never rushed to judgment here. I have no idea whether Jackson did this or not. Neither do you. In fact, no one outside of he and his ex really know if it happened. But all too often fans mistake their love for a player and his abilities with being a good person. I don't presume they're good or bad people, because I don't know. Just like people misread Tiger, or Jordan or hundreds of other players I could name, being a great athlete has NOTHING to do with being a moral or upstanding person. LOTS of athletes (I would even like to say the majority) are good people, but quite a few aren't. I just wish we stopped feigning surprise when we find out some of them really are screwed up human beings.

A Statement From Steven

by Steven Jackson

It's disheartening that I have to address any alleged allegations 10 months later, but I have read the accusations made by Supriya Harris, and they are untrue. The accusations are especially hurtful because those who truly know me know that those actions would be out of character for me. Miss Harris is the mother of my son, a son that I love and that I willingly support emotionally and financially. I will address this matter thoroughly through the appropriate avenues, but not through the media.
That? Someone should tell Jackson that his son is a person, not an object.

Jackson and Harris have been arguing over child support payments -- and recently Harris had filed documents with the court begging the judge to force Steven to pay up. That case is still pending.
That's a very odd choice of words.
:goodposting:
Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (When I'm in need)

But she ain't messin' wit no broke #$@$%$ (She steal me money)

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (When I'm in need)

But she ain't messin' wit no broke @#@$%#(I gotta leave)

Get down girl, go 'head get down (I gotta leave)

Get down girl, go 'head

A Statement From Steven

by Steven Jackson

Just saying

A Statement From Steven

by Steven Jackson

He is a football player, not a grammar teacher.

the other part of me is happy to have discovered the awesomeness that is Essie. I bought my first essie blue nail polish back in April in Bikini So Teeny, and it is still my favorite nail polish and shade to date.

nicole320 said:
WOW - what a model citizen.. great father figure...#####... if convicted he should be suspended from the NFL - hopefully never plays again... I'm sure this was not the first time either.. but let's hope it's the last.
R _ S H T O J _ D G M E N TPlease buy a vowel

Why am i not surprised .....

When you want to be the best you take some products that drives you crazy ( He s on something for sure ) ..

we don't know if it is true yet though. however, as sports fans i'm sure most of us here (even fantasy fans) value these players for what they do on the field only.nobody talks about kobe bryant and his case anymore. nobody talks about ray lewis and his case anymore. right now people are talking about woods, most likely it will just end up in the past and his golf will overshadow that.

A lot of great postings here. They should give him the same punishment as all of those Duke lacrosse players that raped that poor gal just trying to put herself through college.

I am not a big SJax fan but people need to learn not to jump to conclusions every time someone gets accused of something. If you want to pile on and call him horrible names after he is convicted of the crime, that's fine. But somehow in this country the principal of innocent until proven guilty has been lost. If an athlete is accused of doing something wrong we all assume he's guilty. There is a reason we call people to testify and present evidence in a court and have reasonable members of the community judge the charges. I have known people who have been falsely charged with crimes. It happens much more often than you would think. In cases of domestic abuse, in particular, there are often two sides to the story and things are usually more complicated. In stead of one person being the pure, innocent victim and the other the evil doer, often times both parties are involved in the situation getting out of control. Sometimes people have personal motives for making up things. You just have to wait.

I am not a big SJax fan but people need to learn not to jump to conclusions every time someone gets accused of something. If you want to pile on and call him horrible names after he is convicted of the crime, that's fine. But somehow in this country the principal of innocent until proven guilty has been lost. If an athlete is accused of doing something wrong we all assume he's guilty. There is a reason we call people to testify and present evidence in a court and have reasonable members of the community judge the charges. I have known people who have been falsely charged with crimes. It happens much more often than you would think. In cases of domestic abuse, in particular, there are often two sides to the story and things are usually more complicated. In stead of one person being the pure, innocent victim and the other the evil doer, often times both parties are involved in the situation getting out of control. Sometimes people have personal motives for making up things. You just have to wait.
:confused:

It's a money grab.

My guess is she tried to blackmail him and he didn't give in.

These chickenheads think if an athlete puts a seed in their belly they hit the lottery.

Tiger didn't beat his wife. His wife beat him with a golf club. I understand the point though. People are not always who they seem to be.

nicole320 said:
WOW - what a model citizen.. great father figure...#####... if convicted he should be suspended from the NFL - hopefully never plays again... I'm sure this was not the first time either.. but let's hope it's the last.
I'm assuming this is a female poster......for a couple reasons.

Police won't file charges against Jackson

Police won’t file charges against Jackson

By Roger Hensley

After a full investigation, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has determined that there is insufficient evidence to bring any charges against St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson based on allegations of abuse made by his former girlfriend, Supriya M. Harris.

Harris, 29, whose allegations became public on Jan. 28, had accused Jackson of pushing her repeatedly and throwing her against a door when she was nine months pregnant with the couple’s son, Kingston. Harris said the incident occurred on March 8, 2009 at Jackson’s Las Vegas home.

Jackson had denied the allegations earlier and said in a statement on his Web site that he would address the issue “thoroughly through the appropriate avenues, but not through the media.”

On Tuesday, Las Vegas police spokesman Barbara Morgan said there will be no charges filed in the case. “We did a thorough investigation,” Morgan said. “We interviewed the alleged victim, an eyewitness, the accused … there was just insufficient evidence to go forward with this case.”

Morgan said the Las Vegas police worked in conjunction with the district attorney’s office to determine whether there was enough evidence to pursue the charges.

“It is a closed case,” she said.

Users who are viewing this thread