What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers will be without WR Markus Wheaton (shoulder) Monday vs. Redskins. He did not practice today and was declared out for the game. (1 Viewer)

Seriously a wtf on this one...I drafted him as a value/upside pick late in both my leagues.

my last draft was Monday - nothing on the injury report, sort shoulder, should be fine.

now out? Not a peep about anything during the preseason - how's a guy go from fine to out in 3 days? 

I wasn't planning to start him anyway, but this hurts my Roethlisburger play a bit, and since I drafted him for depth/upside it feels like a wasted pick. I don't get it. 

Prefer DHB over Coates, don't really wanna start either. Really like Jesse James in DFS tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessie James could be in line for a big game IMO. Roethlisburger seems to trust him & he'll mop up some of the short& intermediate routes. 

Seriously a wtf on this one...I drafted him as a value/upside pick late in both my leagues.

my last draft was Monday - nothing on the injury report, sort shoulder, should be fine.

now out? Not a peep about anything during the preseason - how's a guy go from fine to out in 3 days? 

I wasn't planning to start him anyway, but this hurts my Roethlisburger play a bit, and since I drafted him for depth/upside it feels like a wasted pick. I don't get it. 
My knowledge on Wheaton has been the loud noise for Sammie Coats. I think Wheaton should have made a bigger splash last season, he has limited upside at this point in time. Feels like Coats has had all the press in camp. 

My knowledge on Wheaton has been the loud noise for Sammie Coats. I think Wheaton should have made a bigger splash last season, he has limited upside at this point in time. Feels like Coats has had all the press in camp. 
The "loud noise" for Coats sounded like a wet fart with his terrible preseason. 

He looked terrible all preseason - not a recommended play IMO. Fumblitis, bad routes & bad drops is a bad way to make friends in the NFL.
I honestly just wanted to say that line.

I think Jesse James and Rogers compete for underneath targets and Coates/DHB compete at split end. I don't feel comfortable predicting how anyone will perform outside of Brown.

Yes. And both from Miami. Wouldn't it be ironic if someone crafted a sentence noting both those similarities?

#wordsmith
Hmmmm....Brown & Rogers Miami ..... awww fuggettabout it.  I got nothing.  Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Now mulling over the possibility of picking up The Outlaw and starting him. All my potential TE options (Witten, Cook, McDonald) have upside, just need to pull the trigger and roll with one. Perhaps the Wheaton news is enough to tip the balance...

Kid is from Miami, FL, he's got talent but he is small, no redzone threat IMHO.
Agreed. But stil visible in PPR. He's got Big Ben's trust, they'll have to account for him.

Think Landry his rookie year. Never topped 100 everything underneath just consistent 12-15 point PPR weeks next thing you know he's got an 84 catch year.

If you have Rogers this is great news...in all likelihood he is a low-round pick who you are intrigued by (I know I am)...that being said he's probably a guy you have on the bubble if you are eying another free agent...with Wheaton and Green (and Bryant) out you get a great opportunity in week 1 to see what he is all about...after this game you should be able to make an educated case whether to hold onto him or drop him for another option...

The "loud noise" for Coats sounded like a wet fart with his terrible preseason. 
Okay you don't like Coates this week but after a bad 1st pre-season game he looked okay and hooked up for a TD in the brief time that Big Ben played.

I'm not saying Coates is a good play but he isn't as bad as you make it sound.

Okay you don't like Coates this week but after a bad 1st pre-season game he looked okay and hooked up for a TD in the brief time that Big Ben played.

I'm not saying Coates is a good play but he isn't as bad as you make it sound.
I really hope you're right - I'm invested in Big Ben. :)  

Users who are viewing this thread