What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

State of the Union: What Obama Inherited vs What Trump is Inheriting (1 Viewer)

Just not very surprising stuff, although the economic presentation don't fit the narrative

Last edited by a moderator:
Its interesting to look at things statistically. So basically Obama helped the economy, hurt health care, and was basically stagnant on everything else?

Its interesting to look at things statistically. So basically Obama helped the economy, hurt health care, and was basically stagnant on everything else?

the Dems lost a ton of power across the board, as well ... i knew they took hits over the 8 years, but seeing the numbers fleshed out is very telling.

Spending more on health care while covering much more people.  It is a mixed bag overall.

Did okay economically. Mostly stayed out of the way.

Increased health coverage with a corresponding increase in health care spending. Who knew economics worked like that?

A nearly abject failure internationally.

So the numbers support the outward appearance. Seems right to me. 

the Dems lost a ton of power across the board, as well ... i knew they took hits over the 8 years, but seeing the numbers fleshed out is very telling.
This was the biggest thing to me.  Goes against the narrative the Dems and their supporters have been throwing out there.  It appears the country began turning their collective back on them a long time ago.

This was the biggest thing to me.  Goes against the narrative the Dems and their supporters have been throwing out there.  It appears the country began turning their collective back on them a long time ago.
They got hammered in a redistricting year (2010) at all levels

Fixed....actual care, as a whole doesn't seem to have improved all that much....which is a problem.
Not sure why anyone thought health insurance would fix that.  He was just throwing good money after bad without addressing the core problems which are lack of proper nutrition and exercise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama inherited a strengthened executive branch, and he made it even stronger by going to war with in the middle east without congressional authorization and assassinating US citizens without judicial review.  Fortunately, he's handing the keys to a guy who can be trusted to use these powers wisely.

It is basically what I expected.  Things are neither as rosy as the administration is painting them to be nor as bad as his detractors are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread