What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting RB this week for the Steelers? (1 Viewer)

Who is the better prospect, Dwyer or Batch?

Any reports on how long Mendenhall and Redman might be out? Been looking around and have come up empty thus far

Who is the better prospect, Dwyer or Batch? Any reports on how long Mendenhall and Redman might be out? Been looking around and have come up empty thus far
Mendenhall hasn't been declared out yet. If he is, I'd expect spit carries. With the O-Line injuries, I'd look elsewhere if Mendenhall doesn't go.

CIN has allowed the 9th most points to RBs (5th most in 1PPR), but it's almost solely because of how many TDs have been scored against them.

Rice 10/68/2

Richardson 19/109/1 and 4/36/1

Morris 17/87/1

Bush 19/48/1

D.Thoams 10/29/1

Hardesty 15/56/1

Only MJD has been held out of the end zone.

If Dwyer gets the start, there seems to be a good chance he leaves with a TD. I probably wouldn't flex him still but it's interesting none the less.

EDIT: CIN has also given up the 2nd most receptions (44) to RBs. Dwyer would likely surrender all 3rd down work but I can see him catching 2-4 balls in this game. I'm liking his prospects a bit more the more I look into the match up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) and Isaac Redman (ankle) will not play at Cincinnati in Week 7 after missing a third consecutive practice on Friday.
Interesting. Where was this reported - haven't seen anything on Google.
Sorry, I should get back into the habit of citing the source, I just assume everyone uses rotoworld.com.
No worries - thought it was RW, but didn't see it there. Thanks for the heads up though - was able to snag Dwyer before anyone else in my league.

I'm expecting a 12-14/50-60/? and 2-3/10-20/0 stat line. The question mark is what determines his value. If you think he'll follow suit and score a TD much like everyone else who has faced CIN, he's worth the flex play. It's risky, as I hate relying on anyone whose day is TD dependent, but you have to acknowledge the potential.

Curious situation here... Everyone thought Dwyer was better than Redman, and preseason production favored Dwyer. Some speculated he got hurt before the team disclosed, which affected his performance after the Denver game.

So, if he's healthy now, presumably, could be a nice flex play or RB2 in a real pinch.

And dare I ask, any chance he carves out a role should he perform well? Mendenhall having complications, Redman hurt (and maybe he's just not that good?)... Just saying...

With injuries and byes, any starting RB has value. For those of us who are desperate this week, I like the thought of rolling him out much better than fliers like Tanner or Hardesty.

Well while we're at it, Dwyer or Powell in a standard league?

Note: I'd have to drop Powell to roster Dwyer, but normally Powell wouldn't play for me. Bye week bind...

Last edited by a moderator:
CIN has allowed the 9th most points to RBs, but it's almost solely because of how many TDs have been scored against them.Rice 10/68/2Richardson 19/109/1 and 4/36/1Morris 17/87/1Bush 19/48/1D.Thoams 10/29/1Hardesty 15/56/1Only MJD has been held out of the end zone.If Dwyer gets the start, there seems to be a good chance he leaves with a TD. I probably wouldn't flex him still but it's interesting none the less.
On a total side note, I never thought to look at points from the perspective of high TD rate...which we all know is often luck of the draw...thanks to you for "resetting me" to keep my eyes open for outliers like that.

I'm still kinda trying to figure out why he fell so far to the 6th round in the draft. He was the consensus #1RB i thought predraft that year. He has not gotten a real shot and has shown glimpses of potential so who knows.

Fell due to a weird offense, poor conditioning, and not real impressive combine numbers. Feel like there were other issues as well.

Conditioning was in line after finally waking up this offseason and showing up in shape, but then he got hurt. He was pretty impressive in preseason... Worth a flyer

Fell due to a weird offense, poor conditioning, and not real impressive combine numbers. Feel like there were other issues as well.Conditioning was in line after finally waking up this offseason and showing up in shape, but then he got hurt. He was pretty impressive in preseason... Worth a flyer
yea i remember some of the reports was just weird to see him drop like that in the 6th. He looked pretty impressive this preseason though :popcorn:

Considering dropping Powell for him but who knows how many carries Batch gets after getting most lost week.

Users who are viewing this thread