What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

start up dynasty league, when do you typically draft? (1 Viewer)

ebsteelers

Footballguy
Have really only played in re-draft leagues still i started.

Am looking to take the leap into a dynasty league next year, and was wondering when drafts are typically held? I was figuring may, june ish after the nfl draft, or are some before the draft, with a rookie draft held later?

Thanks!

Eb

From now to the start of the season. I'd say most startups take place right after the draft, and again right before the season starts. But there are a few that start much earlier every year.

From now to the start of the season. I'd say most startups take place right after the draft, and again right before the season starts. But there are a few that start much earlier every year.
thanks for that information. I'll start keeping my eyes opened in the next few months then.

I guess if you have a draft before hand, then a rookie draft is held after the draft..

Interesting stuff.. thanks again!

I like the startups that happen after the NFL Draft so you can trade picks before hand. You really need to see where the rookies go before any draft unless you do the startup before the NFL Draft and allow people to draft rookie drafts picks for the rookie draft after the NFL Draft.

In my experiences, they start as soon as the league is full because everyone is all fired up to start right now.

i guess a follow up question would be:

what site do mos of you guys use to play in dynasty leagues?

i know DLF and FG have alot of dynasty information but was wondering what sites are the best to play on for dynasty.

thanks in advance

i know DLF and FG have alot of dynasty information but was wondering what sites are the best to play on for dynasty.

thanks in advance
myfantasyleague.com is the standard, in my opinion, but it's not free. I don't really like any of the free sites, but of them, fleaflicker.com is the best I've used.

thanks in advance
myfantasyleague.com is the standard, in my opinion, but it's not free. I don't really like any of the free sites, but of them, fleaflicker.com is the best I've used.
thanks... i've used myfantasyleague software thru mastersfantasyfootballleague so i'll have to check that back out going forward.

again thanks for your help!

I don't have time to go into detail, but you'll find plenty of articles, threads and posts overwhelmingly advocating using an auction as the optimal method of initial player dispersal in a Dynasty League, rather than a conventional draft...

Users who are viewing this thread