What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (1 Viewer)

I'm really enjoying this show.
Same. Hard to believe there's only one episode left. Have they said if there will be a second season? I know it's all going to eventually lead into the Filoni movie/crossover thing, but I'd like some feeling of some arcs being closed up this season, and it seems like there just isn't enough time left.
It certainly feels like it's gearing up for another season. But with Ray Stevenson passing away they probably are figuring that out.

So...Mara Jade at some point either S2 or movie?

Why do they insist on leaning away from Luke? Stupid imo. But this show is all kinds of awesome. Might be the best Star Wars since the OT. I also wish they'd use more Williams music. Must be a reason they can't.

Same. Hard to believe there's only one episode left. Have they said if there will be a second season? I know it's all going to eventually lead into the Filoni movie/crossover thing, but I'd like some feeling of some arcs being closed up this season, and it seems like there just isn't enough time left.
It certainly feels like it's gearing up for another season. But with Ray Stevenson passing away they probably are figuring that out.
Seems like it may be an unsatisfying end to S1, with how many loose storylines there are likely to still be after the next episode:

- what is Baylan trying to accomplish?
- why did he cut Shin loose?
- what is this 'greater power' he senses?
- how are Ashoka and Co. going to get back to their own galaxy after Thrawn, his troops, the Night Mothers, etc. take off in the flying hyperspace dong ring? Purgills all skedaddled. Her ship alone can't do it.

If this is a typical 35 min episode or whatever, its going to be hard to fit all that in. And if they don't answer the above, it will be disappointing.

Hope I'm wrong though.

It certainly feels like they are setting up a second season or movie (I'm guessing the former).

Seems like it may be an unsatisfying end to S1, with how many loose storylines there are likely to still be after the next episode:

- what is Baylan trying to accomplish?
- why did he cut Shin loose?
- what is this 'greater power' he senses?
- how are Ashoka and Co. going to get back to their own galaxy after Thrawn, his troops, the Night Mothers, etc. take off in the flying hyperspace dong ring? Purgills all skedaddled. Her ship alone can't do it.

If this is a typical 35 min episode or whatever, its going to be hard to fit all that in. And if they don't answer the above, it will be disappointing.

Hope I'm wrong though.
My guesses...

Balance thinks the planet has a power that can end the sith and jedi and stop the cycle of war...but it's probably a really bad one

Shin wants the full dark side experience and the apprentice always kills their master so he decided to let her go because he saw her getting there

Probably some dark magic that kills the force but also will kill all life. I'm thinking he's Thanos but has a change of heart when he sees the full price

I'm guessing the power he finds can send them home and he does it then destroys it

Or, you know, more turtle hermit crabs....

Definitely feels like there is to much to resolve in the final episode, guessing somehow they all get back to their galaxy with S2 being Thrawn trying to rise to power.

Loved the C3-P0 cameo and the link to Leia. Also the comment about the conflict on Mandalor giving it a time frame overlapping with The Mandalorian.

FWIW, here are my thoughts.

Well, with one episode left It likely ends with the departure of Thrawn to the other Galaxy. The questions are:

How do our heroes go with them
What happens to Baylon / the planet/ Shin / etc.
Is there anything "up" with Ezra
Will the Republic be ready (The Leah 3P0 cameo)

Season 2 really depends on the writers strike ending, Mandalorian season 4, and whatever else needs to be included (Bad Batch perhaps?). The Movie is an "avengers" level event putting them all together so who knows. Now, in Mandalorian S3 they showed a few other Imperial "factions" besides Gideon, Thrawn, and the First Order so will they fold into Thrawn's return or into the First order and Ep 7-9 retcon?

The problem with one movie to pull it all together is you have 5 characters in this series that are "heroes" 2 in Mando, and then random people like X wing guy, The Mandalorians on Mandalore, and oh, by the way Mon Motha, The Originals (luke, Leah, Han who are around here somewhere), oh and Boba Fett and the other chick on Tatooine.

Why do they insist on leaning away from Luke? Stupid imo. But this show is all kinds of awesome. Might be the best Star Wars since the OT. I also wish they'd use more Williams music. Must be a reason they can't.
As far as I know, Mara Jade doesn't exist in Star Wars canon.

Yet.

I would not be surprised if they are setting up Shin Hati to be the "Mara Jade" of the new canon. Could follow a similar arc without conflicting with things from the sequel trilogy. Instead of Luke, maybe her and Ezra take that storyline, or something similar to it.

Granted, my biggest reason for thinking this is the fact that the names Shin Hati and Mara Jade both have 4 letters in the first and last names. I mean, come on people...it's so obvious.

I would not be surprised if they are setting up Shin Hati to be the "Mara Jade" of the new canon. Could follow a similar arc without conflicting with things from the sequel trilogy. Instead of Luke, maybe her and Ezra take that storyline, or something similar to it.

Granted, my biggest reason for thinking this is the fact that the names Shin Hati and Mara Jade both have 4 letters in the first and last names. I mean, come on people...it's so obvious.
Deep insight. 100% in.

I just don’t think it will happen, too hard to reconcile with eps 7-9.

With the sad death of Ray Stevenson, I wonder how much of the story line they placed on his character Balin in the final episode....If they wrote in any sort of cliffhanger for Balin, they are going to have to awkwardly work around it in season 2 or recast the part (I hope they don't do this, Stevenson was great in this role).

With the sad death of Ray Stevenson, I wonder how much of the story line they placed on his character Balin in the final episode....If they wrote in any sort of cliffhanger for Balin, they are going to have to awkwardly work around it in season 2 or recast the part (I hope they don't do this, Stevenson was great in this role).
Or cover his entire life story in a Clone Wars-style animated series!

So they're definitely gonna recast Baylan, right?
It looked like he had a big role for season 2.

What are the options? Recast. Rewrite. CG it (expensive option). Maybe all three?
Gotta re-cast. We are all adults, this is not real life. The man died. What can you do?

They should also recast Luke Han and Leia too if they are really going to lean into the post-empire period. Are they really going to set up a Thrawn trilogy with no Luke Skywalker? That doesn’t make sense.

What are the options? Recast. Rewrite. CG it (expensive option). Maybe all three?
Gotta re-cast. We are all adults, this is not real life. The man died. What can you do?

They should also recast Luke Han and Leia too if they are really going to lean into the post-empire period. Are they really going to set up a Thrawn trilogy with no Luke Skywalker? That doesn’t make sense.
Aren't they already using the Luke lookalike (or should I say, Mark Hamill lookalike)? Or has it all been CGI Luke?

Alden Ehrenreich did a fine job as Han in Solo.

The end scene of Baylon is him on the arm of the Father and then you can see the Son to the right with presumably the Daughter having been wrecked to the left.

Trying to figure out what it might be he is seeking. I don't think there is anything in cannon or legends that would point to it.

Aren't they already using the Luke lookalike (or should I say, Mark Hamill lookalike)? Or has it all been CGI Luke?

Alden Ehrenreich did a fine job as Han in Solo.
I have seen tons of calls for Sebastian Stan to play a young Luke. Looks close enough that I think some make up would make it work.

The end scene of Baylon is him on the arm of the Father and then you can see the Son to the right with presumably the Daughter having been wrecked to the left.

Trying to figure out what it might be he is seeking. I don't think there is anything in cannon or legends that would point to it.
Emergency awesome guy on YouTube should be all over that. He has a deep background on that stuff. Based off what I read on Reddit that comes from the legends material.

Trying to figure out what it might be he is seeking. I don't think there is anything in cannon or legends that would point to

That’s who that was supposed to be. My initial reaction was a shout out to the Lord of the Rings.

The zombie night troopers had me thinking The Walking Dead.

🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤣

And the appearance of Moriah (sp?), the bird at the end. Pretty sure she the embodiment of the daughter that’s been with Ashoka since the Morris episodes in TCW.

Having a lot of trouble seeing Hera as anything more than Shrek’s cute daughter. Nothing she’s done says “General” to me.

Maybe my TV is showing me wrong shade of green.

I enjoyed the series but her portrayal of Ahsoka seems too subdued. Baylan was a real strength of the series and it is such a shame he passed away. I think they will recast.

I thought Thrawn was really well done also. The zombie troopers were cool, but I thought they were going to stay almost walking dead like, just constantly moving forward without much thought. That's how they acted initially, but after a little while it was like they got their stuff together and started lasering through blast doors and working as a team. I also thought "You'll have a lot fewer problems if you just cut their legs off."

Probably a minority opinion but Ahsoka was my least favorite of all the Star Wars series.

Current Rankings

1. Mandalorian
2. Andor

3. Obi Wan
4. Boba Fett
5. Ahsoka
I think it's pretty fair except I didn't really like Obi Wan

Mandalorian in its own tier

Andor
Boba Fett (once someone appeared, pretty slow start)
Ahsoka

Obi Wan

I thought it was a great season. Better than everything but maybe Andor, but Ahsoka is better traditional Star Wars. Casting was phenomenal, too. Two thumbs way up.

Probably a minority opinion but Ahsoka was my least favorite of all the Star Wars series.

Current Rankings

1. Mandalorian
2. Andor

3. Obi Wan
4. Boba Fett
5. Ahsoka
I'd put Ahsoka above Boba Fett, and honestly, this should have been called Rebels S5. I just expected less plot armor and way more Ahsoka based on the show's name. Looking at it with the Rebels lens, it was much better, but my expectations were set based on Ahsoka.

If we do indeed get a Thrawn trilogy that will be awesome! Wish he looked the part a bit better but he nails the live-action character as well as he nailed the cartoon.

I think not having the background of Rebels really dampened my enjoyment of this show. It was just okay.

With that said, I fired up the first season of Rebels and have been pleasantly surprised how strong it is. I've tried to get into Clone Wars over the years but it always felt too juvenile. Rebels certainly aims a bit older in its target demo.

I have no background in rebels or clones and I put Ashoka just behind Andor as my favorite SW shows. Mandalorian is good but is getting long in the tooth at this point for me while Obi Wan was best when it mattered at the end. Did not like Boba Fett at all, boring and stale, imo.

I've tried to get into Clone Wars over the years but it always felt too juvenile. Rebels certainly aims a bit older in its target demo.
That's pretty much the opposite of every review of Rebels ever.
Wait...you mean most people feel that Rebels is aimed more at children than Clone Wars?

If so, Clone Wars must change dramatically after the first season, because I haven't been able to get through Season 1 because it just felt too much like it was aimed at children.

I've tried to get into Clone Wars over the years but it always felt too juvenile. Rebels certainly aims a bit older in its target demo.
Wait...you mean most people feel that Rebels is aimed more at children than Clone Wars?
yes, absolutely.... it is actually a bit of a running joke at this point.

Clone Wars gets dark AF

Clone Wars gets dark AF
Interesting. I guess I should power through the first season at some point.

I was struck by the first 10 or so episodes of Rebels that people actually get killed, etc. There is NONE of that in Cone Wars season 1 iirc.

Glad I have the Clone Wars cartoon another try because Seasons 2 and 3 have been great, by and large.
Clone Wars and Rebels are great.

If you haven't watched them you need to and it will give a much deeper appreciation for Ahsoka which I think is easily one of the better SW series.

Clone Wars gets dark AF

I was struck by the first 10 or so episodes of Rebels that people actually get killed, etc. There is NONE of that in Cone Wars season 1 iirc.
Besides clones you mean? A ton of them.

Also, Nightsisters, Talzin, multiple Jedi, Senate Guard, the traitor captain of the Senate Guard (forget his name), several Senators, some pirates... prob more but that is all I can think of now.

Clone Wars gets dark AF

Yes you should. They must have realized their audience skewed older after season one because it gets much less silly. There are still a few throw away episodes - anything Gungan is still unwatchable - but largely it's pretty adult.

was this weeks ashoka the last one this season or are more episodes coming take that to the bank brohans

Users who are viewing this thread