What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sproles only in on 16 plays yesterday? (1 Viewer)

dboysrock94

Footballguy
I find it hard to believe when I read that. So I looked into it and it is very much true. Is this going to be a trend going forward? Did Moore coming back really hurt sproles that much? Just wondering if anyone has any insight to this as FBG and myself had him ranked in the top ten overall rb in rankings in ppr then out I no where seemed to take a back seat yesterday.

I am not sure about the snap counts but also the TEs were not out there much, and when Watson was in he stayed to block.. It was a lot of WR sets out there is how it looked to me. As a Saints fan I appreciate that, but the offense was clunky.

The Saints also kept their skill position groupings on the sidelines until the last second frequently, this often included Graham who looked like he was going to go in but then didn't. Funny stuff.

I'm guessing it was a conscious effort by Payton to flip the script and come out with a new look. Not that it will stay that way, you really can't tell, which is Payton's goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is any thing that is a trend with New Orleans it is this "There are no trends" Payton keeps it fresh, keeps it moving so defenses cant figure him out.

I am not sure about the snap counts but also the TEs were not out there much, and when Watson was in he stayed to block.. It was a lot of WR sets out there is how it looked to me. As a Saints fan I appreciate that, but the offense was clunky.
I was wondering if a lot of the personnel changes Payton made were meant to respect and to counter the Bills' pass rush (most notably Mario Williams).

Yup, I think it was pure gameplan. It's part of the deal when relying on a guy like Sproles (or Colston, or Stills, or Pierre) in this offense. It happens, and I'll still start Sproles with confidence next week. Although @ the Jets, I might expect a similar game design. Sproles just isn't gonna be a big part of their game in games that they dominate and try to hold a lead.

Sproles'' owners miss the old crappy Saints defense more than anyone.

If he plays only 16 plays vs. the stout Jets run D (#1 in NFL) this upcoming week, I'd start to be concerned.

Keep in mind, they've used Pierre Thomas more the past 3 weeks as they've played 3 of the worst rushing defenses in the league in Chicago, New England and Buffalo.

Users who are viewing this thread