What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (1 Viewer)

I agree, but honestly? West is no threat, Charles continues to be dinged, Ware likely got owners what they need and more. Why not use others to help and lessen the risk of injury for Ware as they are clearly going to need him with Charles' ongoing issues.
Not the owners who started Jordy and Cameron Meredith.  Need to be greedy with Ware today and Reid is being a prude.  It's all about my team not the chiefs strategy 

24-14 with 9 minutes to go? Sure anything can happen, but wouldn't call the game truly in question. But I can concede -- any given Sunday.
if the Saints hadn't turned the ball over and had scored it would have been a 3 point game with 8 minutes to go. It would have been all on Reid playing garbage players over special players.

if the Saints hadn't turned the ball over and had scored it would have been a 3 point game with 8 minutes to go. It would have been all on Reid playing garbage players over special players.
Thanks for the color, obviously not watching the game. But the Saints didn't score, did they? Either way, OK, 10 points up doesn't put a game away.

My bad. You're right they should just save Ware for a more important regular season game. Or better yet save him for the playoffs.
Tap the brakes, there, buddy. I've conceded your point, and remember that just because you need Ware to get your team over your fantasy opponent doesn't mean that Reid is going to comply.

In fact, being ahead in a game and bringing others in to siphon time off the clock is 1100% valid of an NFL coaching strategy.

Tap the brakes, there, buddy. I've conceded your point, and remember that just because you need Ware to get your team over your fantasy opponent doesn't mean that Reid is going to comply.

In fact, being ahead in a game and bringing others in to siphon time off the clock is 1100% valid of an NFL coaching strategy.
uh nope.

This game shouldn't have been that close. Ware with another 131 total yards from scrimmage. KC is still not using him enough though with only 19 touches. I really don't understand it. Still a great game for him.......

Maybe Ware was gassed? Were they mixing up the scheme? I don't know, I didn't watch the game. If Ware was rolling and didn't need the break it's idiotic.

I had both Ware and Charles in for this big NO game. Replacing Charles in the flex spot for Tyrell Williams on this news.
Ware leads the team in rushing and receiving ... better than I could have hoped for ... Saved my hide after starting Eifert last week. :bag:  Its so much nicer to have Ware suck up all the touches than split them with Charles as was trending last week. West and Charles combined for 6 touches. Is it too much to hope for Charles just taking West's touches going forward when he is finally healthy? Probably too much to hope for but with every solid game I gotta think that they are satisfied with Ware being both a beast at rushing & receiving now. That was the surprising part for me this year, how much he has improved at receiving so west is pretty much just spelling him at this point. This looks optimistic for next year too.

I, like many, would have loved "more" this week, but for the last pick flyer I spent to draft this guy, he has saved my season and hopefully can continue to be a major contributor in the KC Offense.  

I own both Ware and Charles and beginning to doubt Charles's ability to come back this year, even as a suitable back up to Ware. I fully expected Ware to resume the back up role by now to a healthy Charles, that just doesn't seem to be in the cards at this point. Whats the opinion in grabbing West as additional security though I hate the thought of carrying all three.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised KC even let Charles suit up last week. How do you let a dude who is dealing with swelling in both of his surgically repaired knees go?

I honestly think it might be time to seriously consider hundcuffing West.

I would think it's quite possible they IR Jamaal soon. He's not playing much this year anyway and they could use that roster spot for something else......

I may be forced to do just that, carry all three until a decision is made to JC. About the last thing I want to do but may not have a choice.  

As a charles owner I'd love the free roster spot on my fantasy team..
Right? Plus why wouldn't Jamaal Charles want to get right for next year when he's a FA? If he can prove he's fully healthy he could get a nice 1 or 2 year contract with a contender.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4617/jamaal-charles

Chiefs coach Andy Reid admitted Friday that Jamaal Charles' troublesome knee "acted up" in last week's win over the Saints.
The Chiefs made a big mistake pushing Charles to practice and play against New Orleans. He lasted only two snaps with one offensive touch before the knee "acted up," shutting down Charles for the rest of the game and for this week. It's to the point where fantasy owners can begin considering dropping Charles from 10- and 12-team-league rosters. Spencer Ware is the Chiefs' new offensive centerpiece with Charcandrick West behind him. Oct 28 - 3:32 PM

Source: Kansas City Star

JC's knee acted up playing 2 snaps? Wow. I'd be surprised if he plays much at all the rest of the season on that news.

So let's shift gears fast on this news. West was a stud in this offense last year before getting injured, before the Ware breakout. I think he's a good pickup right now and I don't see a lot talked about him. If anything happens (God forbid) to Ware, West would certainly become the workhorse, especially now that Knile Davis has been traded. HE can also serve as a PPR flex in the mean time of as a bye week fill in during a pinch. Run, don't walk to pickup West on this news.

I am filled with regret.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
The part about Ware being a back up was the most telling. That showed Trip hadn't really watched him play at all. Now in defense of Trip JC was better than Ware at one point in his career. So if he could have came back healthy there was a chance he took 60-70% of the workload from Ware but at this point it seems unlikely Ware will get less than 70% of the work ROS.

Users who are viewing this thread