What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (2 Viewers)

For people that own both Ware and Charles, what are you doing with them? Looking to trade them away or staying put?

KC will run a lot, but will it become impossible to try to guess which player will have the better week? Or will they have enough fantastic games like last week that you can start either (or both) and it won't be a concern?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to thank those of you who advised me to start Brandin Cooks over both Ware and Charles.  My apologies if that post came across as a WDIS. 

Looking to next week I feel like I have to start Ware vs. NO but will consider starting both Ware and Charles.
I did this last week and it worked out well--pretty sure I will again with Lacy out --might even had done with Lacy in..

For people that own both Ware and Charles, what are you doing with them? Looking to trade them away or staying put?

KC will run a lot, but will it become impossible to try to guess which player will have the better week? Or will they have enough fantastic games like last week that you can start either (or both) and it won't be a concern?
Depends on who they are playing. This week you could probably play both and get away with it

I am playing both Charles and Ware in one league - but don't have other real good options.  

In another, I just have Ware and am considering flexing him in this matchup....feels like it could be a fantasy buffet for Chiefs and Saints players.

I am playing both Charles and Ware in one league - but don't have other real good options.  

In another, I just have Ware and am considering flexing him in this matchup....feels like it could be a fantasy buffet for Chiefs and Saints players.
Yeah I am gonna roll Alex smith and maclin out there again.  They have to have a decent game at some point don't they?

I hope so.  With Martin out I am playing both Ware and Charles.  I also will be playing Maclin and Brees.  Hope it is a shootout!

NO Poe!!!

Any chance their starting to showcase Ware for trade possibilities...Which team(s) going forward might be tempted.?

New England

Raiders

Ravens

Redskins

Vikings

In a couple of weeks the Chiefs might feel secure with Charles/ West going forward.
KC doesn't have a full two weeks if they want to trade someone. IIRC, the trade deadline is 11/1. So they have two games to decide what they want to do.

I am playing both Ware/Charles vs NO in the league I have both. my 2nd best flex option is Tyrell Williams and Ty Montgomery in PPR. Its close with Charles. I might have wished I started one of the Ty's after tonight's game...

Is anyone still harboring the thought that they would trade away a 24 yr old top 5 in yards from scrimmage RB and keep a 30 yr old RB with 2 ACL surgeries? They are keeping both and will use both. 

Is anyone still harboring the thought that they would trade away a 24 yr old top 5 in yards from scrimmage RB and keep a 30 yr old RB with 2 ACL surgeries? They are keeping both and will use both. 
If they trade anyone, it should be Charles. Going to be 30 in a few months with an injury history and due $6 million next season and $7 million the following year. Given that he's had only 80 carries between last year and this year, apparently still isn't 100% and can't carry a full load yet, he probably would be difficult to trade for anything of much value. The Chiefs would probably be better off to send him backing, free up some cap room, and focus on playing their younger backs. But they probably will decide Charles is worth more to them on the roster than giving him away for pennies on the dollar, so they will most likely hold on to him.

If they trade anyone, it should be Charles. Going to be 30 in a few months with an injury history and due $6 million next season and $7 million the following year. Given that he's had only 80 carries between last year and this year, apparently still isn't 100% and can't carry a full load yet, he probably would be difficult to trade for anything of much value. The Chiefs would probably be better off to send him backing, free up some cap room, and focus on playing their younger backs. But they probably will decide Charles is worth more to them on the roster than giving him away for pennies on the dollar, so they will most likely hold on to him.
Would of been great if the Packers traded for him instead.

Anarchy99 said:
The Chiefs are 1/2 game back in the Division with wins over divisional rivals, Oak and SD.  I still think the recipe for success is health/depth, so having two pro-bowl caliber backs are a nice luxury now.  It would make more sense to trade JC over Ware, but I think it makes better sense to not trade either knowing that the AFC West is up for grabs and anything can happen in the playoffs (AFC South looks weak.  Pitt just lost Big Ben for who knows how long in the AFC North. Everything will go through NE...again).

They can't trade Charles.  No one would take the salary on with the risk.  Look at what is happening in GB.  they will keep nursing Charles back to health as the season progresses.  Ware is still the main guy for now.

In my dynasty I'm considering trading Charles away if I can get a 1st from a RB-desperate team. Otherwise I'll just keep him. 

Im rolling with Ware and Gurley this week with Gordon on the pine. I am considering starting both Ware and Charles next week at Indy with Gordon traveling to Denver. 

They can't trade Charles.  No one would take the salary on with the risk.  Look at what is happening in GB.  they will keep nursing Charles back to health as the season progresses.  Ware is still the main guy for now.
With regard to Charles' salary, here is the info per spotrac.

Assuming this is accurate, if a team trades for him now, it would be on the hook for only the remainder of his $2.75M salary this season -- less than $2M. The Chiefs would take the hit on their cap for his roster and workout bonuses for 2016, which should have already come due and been paid.

Neither the Chiefs nor any team trading for Charles is on the hook for any dead cap hit if they release him after this season. If the team that has him keeps him for 2017, it will come with a $7M cap hit, unless that team gets Charles to restructure to a lower but mutually acceptable cap hit.

So a team could trade for him, pay him a relatively reasonable salary for the rest of 2016, given the potential upside, and use that period as an audition for what to do with him in 2017.

I'm not saying the Chiefs should trade him, since they could potentially be a playoff contender. I'm also not saying he is a nobrainer for another team to target in a trade. But I don't think his contract is the problem it has been made out to be in this thread. If there is a RB needy team that feels that Charles could be a difference maker down the stretch, has a couple $M in cap room, and can negotiate a reasonable trade, I could see it happening.

I don't see having Charles in addition to Ware and West as making a non-trivial difference in KC's playoff chances this season, and I think KC will likely release Charles after the season. So they could easily be motivated to get something for him if other teams are interested.

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles experienced knee swelling on Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 7 against the Saints.

Charles was added to Friday's injury report as questionable, going through only a "limited" practice. Charles has encountered multiple setbacks since tearing his ACL last Week 5 and is now in legitimate danger of not playing against New Orleans. Look for another heavy workload out of Spencer Ware regardless of whether Charles suits up. Even if Charles is active, he would be a high-risk flex option. Ware remains an every-week fantasy RB1.

so is the consensus if you have Charles/Ware/Matt jones go with Ware/ Matt jones.. I wonder how bad his swelling is or if it's just coach speak, this whole thing is crazy to me... Ware looks like clear guy to play and Im thinking Matt Jones over Charles?

so is the consensus if you have Charles/Ware/Matt jones go with Ware/ Matt jones.. I wonder how bad his swelling is or if it's just coach speak, this whole thing is crazy to me... Ware looks like clear guy to play and Im thinking Matt Jones over Charles?
Coach speak?  Andy has been saying from day 1 he's not ready.  When JC was saying he was ready Andy was saying he's not ready.  Both words and actions told us the coaching staff felt he was not ready.

I had both Ware and Charles in for this big NO game. Replacing Charles in the flex spot for Tyrell Williams on this news.

Ware's the #1 rated RB this week with JC out imo.
I still feel like I need to give it to Murray vs. IND this week.

Obviously, Ware gets a boost here but before we all go completely nuts, I think if Charles sits West slips into whatever role he would have had vs. NO minus the RZ opportunity. Ware was already sneaking into RB1 territory in fantasypros consensus rankings and the most accurate experts had him pegged as a RB1 before this news broke out anyway. 

Long-term though, if Charles continues to have complications then yes, he'll be a no-brainer RB1 week in and week out. He's already had his bye and his schedule is rather soft. What an insane steal this dude, who is one pace for 2000 yards from scrimmage, may end up being.

Is this guy worth a top 3 rookie pick in the 2017 draft?  Cause I'm about to offer just that with all the RB injuries I have.

My opponent this week has Ware, Ty Montgomery, and Quizz.

A week ago I was only moderately concerned about Ware.

Now he may be the #1 RB for the week, Quizz has top 5 potential, and Montgomery already put up a WR1 point total.

Cool story bro!  Ain't FF great!

:ptts:

Is Charles out? He is listed as questionable.

I'm sure Ware will get the most carries, but Charles hasn't been declared out.

“He had a little bit of swelling in (his knee Thursday),” Reid said. “We’re just taking it down for today but we think everything will be OK as we go.”

As they say, a late addition to the injury report is never good. If he has inflammation in the surgically repaired knee, that is usually either overuse or possibly something worse. I would suggest it is more of then a 50-50 chance they rest him to see if it subsides. He is a top tier athlete but his knee has been slow to heal this entire season so far. 

I'm sure Ware will get the most carries, but Charles hasn't been declared out.

“He had a little bit of swelling in (his knee Thursday),” Reid said. “We’re just taking it down for today but we think everything will be OK as we go.”

Judging by the way Reid has treated Charles so far this year, I imagine this is Charles right now.

He's likely going to sit.

Users who are viewing this thread