What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Soundproofing Basement (1 Viewer)

Johnny Bing

Footballguy
With two kids and three bedrooms down stairs I want to soundproof the basement the best I can.  Is this straight forward, use soundproofing insulation in the ceiling and regular batting for the interior walls?  Or are their other processes out there that people have experience with that works or I need to consider?  

TIA

Kids are in the basement? 

You want to sound proof their space to minimize noise into the rest of the house?

Kids are in the basement? 

You want to sound proof their space to minimize noise into the rest of the house?
One kid will be in the basement and the younger is upstairs. 

But anyone with kids knows the running in the house is a common thing. So if I want to go down in the basement and watch tv I don't have to hear every footstep or as they get older if they are in basement watching a movie we don't have to hear the Hunger Games at 11:00pm. 

:blackdot:

Because my son is a percussionist and that drumset in the basement always sounds like it's in the next room. 

Not because of the other stuff, you sickos.  

Roxul

Resilient channels

Sheetrock
:goodposting:

You can go from this to essentially making a sound studio. 

You either isolate structure and materials with rubberish pads and/or make floors walks and ceiling as dense as possible to block the sound. Lots of ways to do both.

Users who are viewing this thread