What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snowmageddon 2022 (1 Viewer)

Are you ready for some weather! (sung to the tune of Monday Night Football)

I would seriously watch that over MNF if they had a show like that. Anyway, a couple of fun days here for my area. If we lived in Biblical times, this would be a week where people felt like they really did something wrong to piss God off. Luckily we live in the 21st Century, so only about 1/3 of people think that now. Yay, progress!

So here's how it's going to work the next couple of days. Keep in mind, while the forecast may be easier this time, timing is going to be the bee-otch. Starting today, the NWS has all of us under a Winter Weather Advisory. We may see snow from this (possibly up to 2 inches) but the main threat will be the ice. Snow will move in early this afternoon, last only a short time before changing to sleet, then finishing as freezing rain later tonight. My guess is that PM rush hour tonight will be bad. I plan to leave early, and I wouldn't even be surprised to see schools let out early if the radar warrants it.

Here's where it gets REALLY fun! Tomorrow morning, I'm still not sure what conditions will be like. That's because at some point, the warm front will come through and heavy rain will start to fall. I think this will be around the AM rush hour, but honestly, that's just an educated guess on my part. So heavy rain doesn't sound bad, right? Compared to snow and ice anyway. Well, remember how we had one of the coldest Februarys on record? Yeah, so that really made the ground like cement. So any rain that falls, it's going to have a tough time finding someplace to go.

Which is bad, because then the cold front comes through. And any rain that couldn't find a place to go, will freeze up. Oh yeah, on top of that snow, we're looking at about 6 to 8 inches of snow for most places. That should hit right at Thursday AM rush hour, so we got that going for us. Which is nice.

In summary, ice/snow tonight, flooding rain tomorrow, flash freeze tomorrow night, biggest snow of the winter Thursday morning. In like a lion, indeed.
And the early dismissal just came through.

Are you ready for some weather! (sung to the tune of Monday Night Football)

I would seriously watch that over MNF if they had a show like that. Anyway, a couple of fun days here for my area. If we lived in Biblical times, this would be a week where people felt like they really did something wrong to piss God off. Luckily we live in the 21st Century, so only about 1/3 of people think that now. Yay, progress!

So here's how it's going to work the next couple of days. Keep in mind, while the forecast may be easier this time, timing is going to be the bee-otch. Starting today, the NWS has all of us under a Winter Weather Advisory. We may see snow from this (possibly up to 2 inches) but the main threat will be the ice. Snow will move in early this afternoon, last only a short time before changing to sleet, then finishing as freezing rain later tonight. My guess is that PM rush hour tonight will be bad. I plan to leave early, and I wouldn't even be surprised to see schools let out early if the radar warrants it.

Here's where it gets REALLY fun! Tomorrow morning, I'm still not sure what conditions will be like. That's because at some point, the warm front will come through and heavy rain will start to fall. I think this will be around the AM rush hour, but honestly, that's just an educated guess on my part. So heavy rain doesn't sound bad, right? Compared to snow and ice anyway. Well, remember how we had one of the coldest Februarys on record? Yeah, so that really made the ground like cement. So any rain that falls, it's going to have a tough time finding someplace to go.

Which is bad, because then the cold front comes through. And any rain that couldn't find a place to go, will freeze up. Oh yeah, on top of that snow, we're looking at about 6 to 8 inches of snow for most places. That should hit right at Thursday AM rush hour, so we got that going for us. Which is nice.

In summary, ice/snow tonight, flooding rain tomorrow, flash freeze tomorrow night, biggest snow of the winter Thursday morning. In like a lion, indeed.
Me too... pick up at 12:20 today...

FWIW, I bailed on Pittsburgh on Sunday morning. Glad I did, too, the weather was pretty snowy all afternoon and evening here and the roads were slick, and from what I heard it was worse down there.

Temperature expected to hit 38 degrees this evening, which will mark the first time we've gone above freezing since January 29th.

February was officially the coldest calendar month in the 130-year recorded weather history of Buffalo, with an average temperature of 10.9 degrees, a full 15 degrees below-average. .

Damn. I ran out of snow melt on Sunday and most places stopped stocking it. Home Depot is full of bbq's and Patio tents where the snow shovels used to be.

Just received a Winter Storm Warning for Cincinnati area effective Noon on Wed through 1pm on Thurs. Accumulation of 4-8 inches. Storm will start with rain Wednesday morning and transition into snow by Wednesday evening with it continuing into Thursday afternoon.

It's been raining here all day, but our temps have been getting warmer (almost 43 now with high near 50 by 6pm). Temps are supposed to plummet quickly causing freezing rain/sleet and then snow. Gonna be a lot of ice around here with current snow melting, rain, and freezing rain - then to have that topped off with snow Thursday morning is going to make driving to work exciting!

Temperature expected to hit 38 degrees this evening, which will mark the first time we've gone above freezing since January 29th.

February was officially the coldest calendar month in the 130-year recorded weather history of Buffalo, with an average temperature of 10.9 degrees, a full 15 degrees below-average. .
similar for chicago, i think. i read it was the coldest feb since 1875 here. that said, we're trending up this week and hopefully melting all of this snow/ice.

Nick Vermeil said:
Damn. I ran out of snow melt on Sunday and most places stopped stocking it. Home Depot is full of bbq's and Patio tents where the snow shovels used to be.
Shovel the snow. It's ice melt.

HTH ;)

Sheik,

Do we have any indications yet about the ratio for tonite? Saw a 6 for my area with a 10:1, but have seen higher predictions. Wondering if it will be close to that standard since it will be turning over from rain and close to freezing.

We're looking at 6-9 here with potential single digits on Friday; may be a for day weekend for the kids. Wahoo.

Sheik,

Do we have any indications yet about the ratio for tonite? Saw a 6 for my area with a 10:1, but have seen higher predictions. Wondering if it will be close to that standard since it will be turning over from rain and close to freezing.

We're looking at 6-9 here with potential single digits on Friday; may be a for day weekend for the kids. Wahoo.
Should be 10:1 for almost everyone. South could see slightly lower, north slightly higher.

Where U @ TIS?
I'm here. Had a two hour delay this morning, so I'm kind of behind on work today.

Tonight is a matter of "Which side of the pond do you believe?" The European models have a huge hit for Philly, anywhere from 8 to 16 inches on recent runs. Meanwhile, the North American models are showing Philly around 1 to 4 inches depending on the run. Once again the headline of this winter: MODELS NOT IN AGREEMENT

Less than 12 hours from start time and some models are moving this bad boy south. Could that be right? Thing is, yes, it could be. This has always been a storm that really was going to depend on where the front set up. A couple of days ago, all models were positive it would be over SE PA. As of last night, they started trending south. Some a lot. Some slightly.

I don't remember if I said it here, to my Facebook friends or to my co-workers, but somewhere, earlier this week, I mentioned that March and models are fickle foes. I basically said I'd believe it when I saw it. But as of yesterday, I was starting to think nothing could derail this snowstorm. That was probably the kiss of death.

I still believe the European models are *more* correct than the NA ones. What's the science behind that belief? A little thing scientists refer to as "a complete guess based upon my gut feeling." It's very technical, so I won't go into the explanation, but simply stated, it's pretty much a guess. Excuse the technical jargon.

NE PA and NYC, you guys are pretty much missing this bad boy. Snow is probably over for you, minus a freak storm. SE PA and S NJ, this is still looking like a bullseye for you, at this moment. Will have to see the afternoon runs. On deck if this misses us, DE, VA and S MD.

This will most likely be the last chance for a good snowstorm for the Northeast. While temps will still be below average for almost the entire month of March, average temps are high 40's/low 50's. Not very conducive for snowstorms.

I got into work at 1:00 PM yesterday as the wife and I had to split duty at home with the baby who had a stomach flu...so I didn't leave work till 7 last night. Despite the late exit, the roads were gridlocked everywhere. I took nothing but back-roads home and it took me a solid 2 hours. Slippery as ####.

Now I hear about this possible storm tonight.

I'm f-ing over winter. Over it.

I know this BS is going to go from cold and snow straight to oppressive heat with no spring in the middle. I love spring. I hate heat almost more than I hate snow.

I got into work at 1:00 PM yesterday as the wife and I had to split duty at home with the baby who had a stomach flu...so I didn't leave work till 7 last night. Despite the late exit, the roads were gridlocked everywhere. I took nothing but back-roads home and it took me a solid 2 hours. Slippery as ####.

Now I hear about this possible storm tonight.

I'm f-ing over winter. Over it.

I know this BS is going to go from cold and snow straight to oppressive heat with no spring in the middle. I love spring. I hate heat almost more than I hate snow.
Don't be fooled into what everyone seems to be talking about. I keep hearing people say that they are sick of winter and are ready for it to be over. And enough already. The truth is, it's still winter. This is expected. We just had such a hard winter with no real break, so it seems like it's been going on forever. I think spring will be fine.

Where U @ TIS?
I'm here. Had a two hour delay this morning, so I'm kind of behind on work today.

Tonight is a matter of "Which side of the pond do you believe?" The European models have a huge hit for Philly, anywhere from 8 to 16 inches on recent runs. Meanwhile, the North American models are showing Philly around 1 to 4 inches depending on the run. Once again the headline of this winter: MODELS NOT IN AGREEMENT

Less than 12 hours from start time and some models are moving this bad boy south. Could that be right? Thing is, yes, it could be. This has always been a storm that really was going to depend on where the front set up. A couple of days ago, all models were positive it would be over SE PA. As of last night, they started trending south. Some a lot. Some slightly.

I don't remember if I said it here, to my Facebook friends or to my co-workers, but somewhere, earlier this week, I mentioned that March and models are fickle foes. I basically said I'd believe it when I saw it. But as of yesterday, I was starting to think nothing could derail this snowstorm. That was probably the kiss of death.

I still believe the European models are *more* correct than the NA ones. What's the science behind that belief? A little thing scientists refer to as "a complete guess based upon my gut feeling." It's very technical, so I won't go into the explanation, but simply stated, it's pretty much a guess. Excuse the technical jargon.

NE PA and NYC, you guys are pretty much missing this bad boy. Snow is probably over for you, minus a freak storm. SE PA and S NJ, this is still looking like a bullseye for you, at this moment. Will have to see the afternoon runs. On deck if this misses us, DE, VA and S MD.

This will most likely be the last chance for a good snowstorm for the Northeast. While temps will still be below average for almost the entire month of March, average temps are high 40's/low 50's. Not very conducive for snowstorms.
I should add that there are some models that are showing no more than 4 inches for the entire Mid Atlantic. No one gets heavy snow. Crazy that this close we are so far off on model agreement.

Where U @ TIS?

I want to clarify, this paragraph is referring to a big snowstorm. Like, double digit totals. The bullseye area.

Here's the NWS predictions. New updates for this will be out around 3:30-4 pm today.
Have you got one showing Northern Jersey, Long Island and NYC?
Here you go:

http://www.weather.gov/images/okx/winter/StormTotalSnowRange.png

Shiek, how often do they update these forecast maps?
Thanks, commute is going to suck again. Took my father-in-law three hours yesterday to get home from the city.

As long as the LIRR keeps chugging away, let it snow.

Yeah, I left work early yesterday because I saw the weather reports (go figure). My coworkers laughed at me. When I came in today, they all told me how it took them 3 hours to get home. He who laughs lasts, laughs longest.

So, bullseye. This guy. Great. I quit. I quit New Jersey. I quit snow. I quit winter. If I wanted to live in Alaska I would go there. If I wanted to live in the woods at Narnia I'd build a magic closet. If I wanted to see snow every day I would find Queen Elsa and piss her off. But I've done none of this. My parents did. It's their fault. And my wife. And my kids. Any everyone else who I can blame. This is ****ed up. I have a buddy who has family in Maine - they've had over 100 feet this winter. I mean, are we this underevolved as a species that we still accept living in places where it snows? Are we still this stupid?

If you live anywhere this storm hits you should just lose your right to vote, me included. We are clearly too stupid to move away from this crap so what makes anyone think we can vote for the correct person?

So, bullseye. This guy. Great. I quit. I quit New Jersey. I quit snow. I quit winter. If I wanted to live in Alaska I would go there. If I wanted to live in the woods at Narnia I'd build a magic closet. If I wanted to see snow every day I would find Queen Elsa and piss her off. But I've done none of this. My parents did. It's their fault. And my wife. And my kids. Any everyone else who I can blame. This is ****ed up. I have a buddy who has family in Maine - they've had over 100 feet this winter. I mean, are we this underevolved as a species that we still accept living in places where it snows? Are we still this stupid?

If you live anywhere this storm hits you should just lose your right to vote, me included. We are clearly too stupid to move away from this crap so what makes anyone think we can vote for the correct person?
Romney supporter, right?

Romney supporter, right?
No, but how that does fit into my anti-snow tired of this crap tirade?

DC area saying 4 to 6 inches most likely, but anywhere from 1 to 10 inches possible.
Thinking 4 day weekend for kids. Even 6 inches and then a cold Friday means a called day!!
Here is a local NBC weather pic for DC area.
I think they may be selling Philly and Jersey short. My opinion is that 8+ should be extended through Jersey to the coast.
Probably, it may be the fact that it is a DC area station and when things cross into PA, they don't care very much!! :D

If you are looking 25 years in the future, you want to buy property in warm areas of the country. With the advent of telecommuting, people are going to be drifting south more and more. Heck, I live in Nashville and this winter has me wanting to move south.

If you are looking 25 years in the future, you want to buy property in warm areas of the country. With the advent of telecommuting, people are going to be drifting south more and more. Heck, I live in Nashville and this winter has me wanting to move south.
There is an awesome house on Sanibel Island in Florida that I wanted to buy the day I saw it. Granted, I did not have that much cash on me that day, but it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Yeah, I left work early yesterday because I saw the weather reports (go figure). My coworkers laughed at me. When I came in today, they all told me how it took them 3 hours to get home. He who laughs lasts, laughs longest.
Did the same thing yesterday. When I got off the train my car was covered in ice already.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 1130am .... Let's see if they cancel on me.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 1130am .... Let's see if they cancel on me.
If they do make sure you charge them for canceling less than 24 hours in advance.

Did the same thing yesterday. When I got off the train my car was covered in ice already.

When I got home yesterday my garbage can was covered in ice and was frozen stuck to the road. That really is the point in the sitcom where the guy just gets back in his car and drives until the temperate guage in the car says its 80 outside, gets out of the car and just sits there. I was close.

Users who are viewing this thread