What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sirius Fantasy Football (1 Viewer)

ShaqAttaq

Morally Ambiguous
Adam Caplan's fantasy football show on sirius 124 restarts for the season tonight at 8pm.

i enjoy these shows when i get a chance to listen, and this is just a heads-up.

I listen to Sirius NFL most of the day (I work from home), but I've never caught Caplan's show on Friday nights. How is it?

during the season, if you tune out the WDIS calls, the shows consist of caplan and a partner talking about injury status, comparing players and other fantasy football related talk.

i only listened preseason a couple times last year. the show may be replayed on sundays, because i listened to the show on the way to a couple drafts last year.

The show was below average last year, IMO.

They take too much time for callers--not nearly enough insight into stuff we care about (sleepers, busts, etc.) and TONS of WDIS questions, as you stated.

How much is it to get a sirus radio - not car radio just a little radio for the house to gte the games ?

i have a sirius sportster plug-and-play unit. i transport it from car to house when i want to listen to sirius inside. i mounted an external sirius antenna on my directv dish and it's all good.

How much is it to get a sirus radio - not car radio just a little radio for the house to gte the games ?
It's actually more expensive for the home because you have to buy a kit to hook it up to your system. Also, if you have a tin roof or don't have any windows that face north (not kidding) it might not work.Also, for anyone who is thinking about getting one for the car and installing it, you don't have to do it on the roof of the car and slide that wire all the way around. It works perfectly fine on your dashboard near the windshield.

The best part of the show is the first 20 minutes with Caplan's injury whirlwind around the league, IMO.

After that, just WDIS banter for 90% of the show - which runs 3 hours.

I got the sirius sportster replay and the boombox for my house off Ebay for $175 ... I've had it for a week, and use it all the time. Can't wait for preseason games to start.

Adam Caplan's fantasy football show on sirius 124 restarts for the season tonight at 8pm.

i enjoy these shows when i get a chance to listen, and this is just a heads-up.
BTW, the show will be replayed on Saturday evening's from 8-11 pm est until the regular season starts.

it also appeared to be replayed from 3am - 6am EDT this morning (sunday).

adam -

is there any way you could 'guide' the callers into asking more generalized types of questions, rather than "i have these 5 WRs, i need to start 3" that is of little interest to anybody?

rather than "who would you start, jurevicius or antonio bryant?" something like 'what do you think of clevelands passing matchups this week?' or 'do you see jurevicius having a big week against ***?' or something like that.

it seems that if you could 'train' the callers into asking more wide-reaching questions, the show would be better for all the listeners.

adam -

is there any way you could 'guide' the callers into asking more generalized types of questions, rather than "i have these 5 WRs, i need to start 3" that is of little interest to anybody?

rather than "who would you start, jurevicius or antonio bryant?" something like 'what do you think of clevelands passing matchups this week?' or 'do you see jurevicius having a big week against ***?' or something like that.

it seems that if you could 'train' the callers into asking more wide-reaching questions, the show would be better for all the listeners.
The callers are actually told what we're looking for before they get on. If you notice, we started changing the way we take questions last year, more match up based and we also started taking less and less calls as the season progressed. Much more analysis and guest orientated. The last hour is almost all calls because we don't get a chance to take a lot of calls the last hour.Last week's show you probably noticed the first hour we took no calls. That will probably stay in the future unless it's a slow news week (which I can't see).

Sirius is incredible, you will never go back to regular radio after giving it a try. Best $12.95 I spend every month, and well worth the hardward and install fee for your car.

DO IT!

adam -

The callers are actually told what we're looking for before they get on. If you notice, we started changing the way we take questions last year, more match up based and we also started taking less and less calls as the season progressed. Much more analysis and guest orientated. The last hour is almost all calls because we don't get a chance to take a lot of calls the last hour.Last week's show you probably noticed the first hour we took no calls. That will probably stay in the future unless it's a slow news week (which I can't see).
Adam,Good to see you checking in here, and I'm looking forward to hearing the 2006 version of this show.

I missed the first one.

Is there any chance that these could be downloadable as a podcast?

Also - any word if Sirius will allow subscribers to hear this (Or other NFL) coverage online?

Thanks in advance for the responses and nice job covering the injuries and the league.

-Jeff

adam -

Adam,Good to see you checking in here, and I'm looking forward to hearing the 2006 version of this show.

I missed the first one.

Also - any word if Sirius will allow subscribers to hear this (Or other NFL) coverage online?

Thanks in advance for the responses and nice job covering the injuries and the league.

-Jeff
They aren't allowed to play games over the net and I doubt that will change. Down the road, maybe in a few years, I can see them adding 124 on sirius.com to play live like Stern but I'm not sure there's a sense of urgency at this point do so. Then again, most didn't think Stern would be streaming either.Nothing available for podcasting yet.

adam -

I missed the first one.

-Jeff
They aren't allowed to play games over the net and I doubt that will change. Down the road, maybe in a few years, I can see them adding 124 on sirius.com to play live like Stern but I'm not sure there's a sense of urgency at this point do so. Then again, most didn't think Stern would be streaming either.Nothing available for podcasting yet.
Thanks Adam.I was actually referring more to the NFL Talk Shows on 124 - "Movin' the Chains", "Press Coverage" and the like.

I understand the concern over actual games, but I think that will subside once a compromise occurs between the NFL.com's offerings and Sirius.

adam -

I missed the first one.

-Jeff
Thanks Adam.I was actually referring more to the NFL Talk Shows on 124 - "Movin' the Chains", "Press Coverage" and the like.

I understand the concern over actual games, but I think that will subside once a compromise occurs between the NFL.com's offerings and Sirius.
Still goes back to what I said before, I don't think putting 124 up there is going to happen any time soon but I also wouldn't rule it out for ever not happening either.

Users who are viewing this thread