What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (3 Viewers)

:towelwave:

Five year plan in year six years (although does last year count?) makes this one of my all-time favorite championships. I was an original member, then came back, and it’s easily my favorite team. 

Thanks to all who didn’t grab Robbie Ray in the spring draft, to whomever dropped Jorge Polanco, and to Marcus Semien (an original team member) who just mashed this year. 

This has to be the worst pitching staff to ever win this league. I basically had Lynn, Kershaw, and Ray with 2/3 of Kimbrel. The rest was cut, paste, and hope. 
We dropped Wainwright after a couple of bad starts this year.  You just never know.  Congratulations on the win!  Semien was amazing this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably back in. I know we have the league history and everything there at CBS, but I would still rather we look into Yahoo/Fantrax/almost anywhere else. We're an OBP league and OBP doesn't even show up on the main screen, the standings are ridiculous to look at, it's not mobile friendly. I don't like it.

I'm probably back in. I know we have the league history and everything there at CBS, but I would still rather we look into Yahoo/Fantrax/almost anywhere else. We're an OBP league and OBP doesn't even show up on the main screen, the standings are ridiculous to look at, it's not mobile friendly. I don't like it.
Some of the placeholder confusion at the end of the season had me thinking we should move to Fantrax. They crush everyone on prospect database.

I'm a vote to stay on CBS because I don't want to transfer rosters but will go with the majority.  Are we sure our format supported on Fantrax non-premium?

CBS made a change to their platform in the last year or two that blew away a lot of historical transaction info so that's not much of a loss if we move.  The old standings can be copied to a Google sheet.

I’d say to wait to see if cbs is gonna be free. If not, move on. 

yahoo won’t work for this league so it’d be fantrax. How is their app? CBS has a damn good app imo. 

Add/drops closed for the off-season

Waivers order to carry over

1. NV
  2. Kraft
  3. Eephus
  4. Cheese
  5. Rodg12
  6. HellToupee
  7. RnR
  8. FDAS
  9. pik/goat
  10. umjake
  11. Sparty
  12. Year 14 champs

Picking up Webb almost made up for Freddy Peralta being one of mine.
Best/worst part of this format is you hit for gold and look like a genius (Soto and Acuna), then remember that three years ago you gave up on Giolito even though you traded for him the year prior. 

Best/worst part of this format is you hit for gold and look like a genius (Soto and Acuna), then remember that three years ago you gave up on Giolito even though you traded for him the year prior. 
The players I had and dropped over the last five years is UGLY.  Lately, we made a lot of wrong choices.  The dispersal draft was supposed to help the bottom teams, but it did the opposite for us unfortunately.

I'd be interested. Not a very schticky poster around these parts with any real reputation or anything but I've been hanging round FBG's for quite a long time. Like to think I know my baseball and am a decently active poster in this forum.
If you're looking for a new in depth dynasty league, this is for you

Very cool stuff, 30 team dynasty leagues are where it's at. Not many out there. Our start up one will have 30 franchise with 26 man rosters and 40 man lists. Minimum bid for a franchise is $2500 USD. Fantasy sports on the blockchain is high stakes and mimics MLB. Our Rulebook is a deep read
https://bit.ly/3p6Kh5q
Dean_UFLB@UFFSports.com if anyone thinks they are ready for Professional Fantasy Baseball. Looking for franchise owners and GMs as some will buy franchises as investment and will hire staff. Some buy franchises themselves others pool their money with others and split up the word load. 

PIK95 said:
The players I had and dropped over the last five years is UGLY.  Lately, we made a lot of wrong choices.  The dispersal draft was supposed to help the bottom teams, but it did the opposite for us unfortunately.

I was bored so I made a sheet of the players who've moved in the four minidrafts. It tough to call winners and losers without historical context but there have been some nice pickups along with a whole bunch of non-factors.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qKB6KJH4FHFwBR1tuVmM6r1fBb4_ostFj-JT5LgcC0g/edit?usp=sharing

I was bored so I made a sheet of the players who've moved in the four minidrafts. It tough to call winners and losers without historical context but there have been some nice pickups along with a whole bunch of non-factors.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qKB6KJH4FHFwBR1tuVmM6r1fBb4_ostFj-JT5LgcC0g/edit?usp=sharing
Do that with trades next time you are bored.  Kyle Tucker and Gurriel (had him in cuba) are tough to watch now.  Buster Posey was my OG throw back. So many though. Oof.

Do that with trades next time you are bored.  Kyle Tucker and Gurriel (had him in cuba) are tough to watch now.  Buster Posey was my OG throw back. So many though. Oof.
The Tucker trade is an interesting one to look back at. It was around the start of 2019 - you got Carpenter, A. Chapman, Nimmo from me for Tucker, Whitley, Kieboom.

Tucker is obviously by the prize of the deal but I’ve dropped the other two. Carpenter was a bust, but Nimmo’s been decent in OBP and you made a nice trade flipping Chapman for Giolito later that year. So the end result for you is basically Tucker for Giolito/Nimmo - I’d rather have Kyle but that’s not awful.

Side benefit for me was I discovered Zac Gallen by checking Houston’s first AAA box score that year to see how Whitley and Tucker did.

The Tucker trade is an interesting one to look back at. It was around the start of 2019 - you got Carpenter, A. Chapman, Nimmo from me for Tucker, Whitley, Kieboom.

Tucker is obviously by the prize of the deal but I’ve dropped the other two. Carpenter was a bust, but Nimmo’s been decent in OBP and you made a nice trade flipping Chapman for Giolito later that year. So the end result for you is basically Tucker for Giolito/Nimmo - I’d rather have Kyle but that’s not awful.

Side benefit for me was I discovered Zac Gallen by checking Houston’s first AAA box score that year to see how Whitley and Tucker did.
For some reason I thought I grabbed Giolito off of the scrap heap.  Maybe not.

It looks like Fantrax will support our format but they don't have a native mobile app for Android
Fantrax Android available now I think. It may still take you to a browser. 

One of my fantasy hockey leagues moved to Fantrax from Yahoo this year and I have come to like it. 

I still like Yahoo best but prefer Fantrax to CBS. 

I'm not the biggest fan of CBS (putting it mildly). I also recognize that I'm not the one responsible for transitioning the league to a different platform. If that's a pain, then no worries. Yahoo has been great in the re-draft leagues I've run. I don't think the prospect database is that deep but this is the only league I've ever had prospects in so I can't say for sure. I have no experience with Fantrax so I can't add anything there. 

The Fantrax Android app looks pretty decent. It's hard to tell for sure without making lineup and roster moves but it's a real app now and not just a web link.

Unless something's changed, Yahoo won't support 40 man rosters.

If greedygoat's friend covers the CBS fees, the path of least resistance is to stay put but Fantrax looks like a viable alternative now.

The Fantrax Android app looks pretty decent. It's hard to tell for sure without making lineup and roster moves but it's a real app now and not just a web link.

Unless something's changed, Yahoo won't support 40 man rosters.

If greedygoat's friend covers the CBS fees, the path of least resistance is to stay put but Fantrax looks like a viable alternative now.
Whatever is easier for you I’m ok with

I would like to propose a change to Holds+Saves  instead of Saves. I feel this more accurately matches how relievers are valued in MLB. Especially in a dynasty league such as this.

Thoughts everyone?

@Eephus

I would like to propose a change to Holds+Saves  instead of Saves. I feel this more accurately matches how relievers are valued in MLB. Especially in a dynasty league such as this.

Thoughts everyone?

@Eephus
We need to see what Greedy thinks, but I could get on board with it I guess.  

As for fantrax, how is their minors coverage and database?  Cbs is ok with that, but I wish for more.

FWIW, I have dynasty baseball leagues on both CBS (20 teams, 40-man rosters) and Fantrax (up to 30 and up to 55) and imo Fantrax is infinitely better for dynasty.  Our CBS draft is complicated by the fact that CBS can be months behind adding in international signees.  Not that big a deal since most are teenagers, but there are always a handful that project to play in the majors within a year or two.  They'll then be gradually added to the available player pool in the middle of year.   Also, CBS doesn't do nearly a good of job of consistently tracking majors/minors-promotions/demotions or injury status as Fantrax does.

Looks like we were starting to get protected lists together around this time last year. I have seriously not thought about baseball at all since the lockout. 

The Papi HOF news got my back up again. WOOT! 

Whats next? 

I'm pro saves+holds. Maybe I'm biased because Devin Williams would benefit from it short-term, but overall RP are volatile investments either way. Plenty of good holds guys on the wire.

@greedygoat Does your friend still have the hookup at CBS?

If not, I guess I can put the downtime to good use and migrate stuff to Fantrax.
I believe he does still work there.  "Friend" is a loose term as I haven't seen or spoken to him since I last asked him to hook us up.  By the looks of the posts here, I think most guys want to switch over to Fantrax.  I would hate to reach out to the guy and ask him to waive the fee again if we are just going to leave anyway.

greedygoat said:
I believe he does still work there.  "Friend" is a loose term as I haven't seen or spoken to him since I last asked him to hook us up.  By the looks of the posts here, I think most guys want to switch over to Fantrax.  I would hate to reach out to the guy and ask him to waive the fee again if we are just going to leave anyway.

OK, I'll setup the league in Fantrax.  It took me about ten minutes to input Cheese's 40 man roster so I'll be done before the lockout.

Users who are viewing this thread