What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Search for the FFA's Greatest Thread Killer (2 Viewers)

2011 Spiraling Attitude Award update

For all threads with their final post dated in 2011, here is the current leaderboard - there are still a few months left to rise up and capture the title!

Code:
Poster                        	KillsNCCommish                     	108jon_mx                        	97Dr. Awesome                   	90Chadstroma                    	79Christo                       	79Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete   	74Leroy Hoard                   	74Chaka                         	69Sarnoff                       	64St. Louis Bob                 	56mr. furley                    	54mr roboto                     	53[icon]                        	52bueno                         	52RhymesMcJuice                 	52gianmarco                     	51jdoggydogg                    	51flapgreen                     	49Osaurus                       	49RudiStein                     	49Abraham                       	48cstu                          	47timschochet                   	47Tom Servo                     	47zamboni                       	47Otis                          	45Jewell                        	43The Commish                   	43wikkidpissah                  	43Arizona Ron                   	41JbizzleMan                    	41the moops                     	41glumpy                        	40grateful zed                  	40Raider Nation                 	40CrossEyed                     	39DiStefano                     	39eoMMan                        	39Fennis                        	39Andy Dufresne                 	38belljr                        	38Bottomfeeder Sports           	37Sam Quentin                   	37badmojo1006                   	36Flying Spaghetti Monster      	35GroveDiesel                   	35SacramentoBob                 	35BobbyLayne                    	34Carver                        	34Jayrod                        	34Mr. Pickles                   	34shuke                         	33Charlie Frown                 	32culdeus                       	32saintfool                     	32urbanhack                     	31jamny                         	30NutterButter                  	30SHIZNITTTT                    	29Zow                           	29Da Guru                       	28Maurile Tremblay              	28McJose                        	28Dr. Gobbler                   	27El Floppo                     	27Insein                        	27johnnycakes                   	27Sheriff66                     	27Parrothead                    	26PlasmaDogPlasma               	26-fish-                        	25goonsquad                     	25Jutz                          	25NorvilleBarnes                	25Tiger Fan                     	25Wingnut                       	25AcerFC                        	24beer 30                       	24Doctor Detroit                	24Ilov80s                       	24joffer                        	24WhatDoIKnow                   	24Adebisi                       	23AhrnCityPahnder               	23bostonfred                    	23Cliff Clavin                  	23glock                         	23HellToupee                    	23Ignoramus                     	23Ned                           	23Raiderfan32904                	23roadkill1292                  	23Sinn Fein                     	23SlaX                          	23Statorama                     	23LHUCKS                        	22Limp Ditka                    	22Mr.Pack                       	22QuizGuy66                     	22The Z Machine                 	22

Last edited by a moderator:
A year ago I just missed the cut. Up to 48th now, tied with carver, Jayrod and Mr. Pickles. One ahead of shuke.

That's like the FFA murder's row, and I'm hittin cleanup.

:puffsoutchest:

I have to be in the top 10.I post a really witty reply to a thread and I check back and check back and hit F5 a few times and slowly the thread drops....drops and then to page 2 and then to 3 and still Courtjester is listed as the last response in the thread.I really have a complex about this.
You are just looking at it the wrong way. What people could be saying is: "That last post sums up the thread perfectly, no need to add anything else."
/thread

I have to be in the top 10.I post a really witty reply to a thread and I check back and check back and hit F5 a few times and slowly the thread drops....drops and then to page 2 and then to 3 and still Courtjester is listed as the last response in the thread.I really have a complex about this.
You are just looking at it the wrong way. What people could be saying is: "That last post sums up the thread perfectly, no need to add anything else."
/thread
ditto

83rd on the threadkiller list, barely top 400 overall poster. Who's more boring than me proportionally?

Edit: Would killing this thread would be the ultimate boring achievement?

I have to be in the top 10. I post a really witty reply to a thread and I check back and check back and hit F5 a few times and slowly the thread drops....drops and then to page 2 and then to 3 and still Courtjester is listed as the last response in the thread. I really have a complex about this.
When I feel I've done this the thread goes on for another 20 pages....

I'm number 1! I would like to thank all of you who decided "hey this thing is over" after I posted. I couldn't have done it without you.

2013 Spiraling Attitude Award

For all threads with their final post dated in 2013:

Code:
Poster                  	KillsT Bell                        	120NCCommish                     	105Fennis                        	84Leroy Hoard                   	84McGarnicle                    	71cstu                          	70pittstownkiller               	65Ilov80s                       	61SacramentoBob                 	57[icon]                        	55shuke                         	5517seconds                     	52Apple Jack                    	51Raider Nation                 	51Officer Pete Malloy           	50johnnycakes                   	48TheIronSheik                  	48DiStefano                     	47flapgreen                     	46jon_mx                        	46WhatDoIKnow                   	46drummer                       	44Keerock                       	44Abraham                       	43mquinnjr                      	43Christo                       	42Sarnoff                       	40St. Louis Bob                 	40AAABatteries                  	38Zow                           	38Otis                          	37belljr                        	36Doctor Detroit                	36Mr. Pickles                   	36Chaka                         	35Henry Ford                    	35grateful zed                  	34Dentist                       	32jamny                         	32Brony                         	31KCitons                       	31Insein                        	30Kool-Aid Larry                	30mr roboto                     	30Mr. Ected                     	30shadyridr                     	30VA703                         	30Ignoramus                     	29EYLive                        	28FlapJacks                     	28glock                         	28Rayderr                       	28NutterButter                  	27Slapdash                      	27E Street Brat                 	26Jewell                        	26Politician Spock              	26Arizona Ron                   	25mad sweeney                   	25Whitetail Hunter              	25Wingnut                       	25Clifford                      	24glumpy                        	24Homer J Simpson               	24Joe T                         	24Limp Ditka                    	24Bottomfeeder Sports           	23DrJ                           	23fatness                       	23Maurile Tremblay              	23Ministry of Pain              	23timschochet                   	233C's                          	22B-Deep                        	22culdeus                       	22Dan Lambskin                  	22Das Boot                      	22snogger                       	22Getzlaf15                     	21gianmarco                     	21kentric                       	21mr. furley                    	21Brady Marino                  	20dickey moe                    	20eoMMan                        	20Fat Nick                      	20Jules Winnfield               	20Mad Cow                       	20Sinn Fein                     	20The Commish                   	20

So I just ran a quick macro. For time/resource reasons I only pulled the first 325 pages of the FFA (16250 threads, dating back to September 2009). Here's the breakdown of posters and the number of threads they've ended in that span (I cut it off at posters with a minimum of 20 threads killed to keep the list relatively short):

KnowledgeReignsSupreme 151

Leroy Hoard 146

videoguy505 95

Christo 94

jon_mx 85

eoMMan 84

flapgreen 84

Otis 84

Chadstroma 82

RudiStein 81

Osaurus 80

Tom Servo 78
I can't even win a thread-killing contest. :no:
I think this works if you take the total number of a poster's post and divide it by the number they've "killed".

2013 Spiraling Attitude Award

For all threads with their final post dated in 2013:

Code:
Poster                  	KillsT Bell                        	120NCCommish                     	105Fennis                        	84Leroy Hoard                   	84McGarnicle                    	71cstu                          	70pittstownkiller               	65Ilov80s                       	61SacramentoBob                 	57[icon]                        	55shuke                         	5517seconds                     	52Apple Jack                    	51Raider Nation                 	51Officer Pete Malloy           	50johnnycakes                   	48TheIronSheik                  	48DiStefano                     	47flapgreen                     	46jon_mx                        	46WhatDoIKnow                   	46drummer                       	44Keerock                       	44Abraham                       	43mquinnjr                      	43Christo                       	42Sarnoff                       	40St. Louis Bob                 	40AAABatteries                  	38Zow                           	38Otis                          	37belljr                        	36Doctor Detroit                	36Mr. Pickles                   	36Chaka                         	35Henry Ford                    	35grateful zed                  	34Dentist                       	32jamny                         	32Brony                         	31KCitons                       	31Insein                        	30Kool-Aid Larry                	30mr roboto                     	30Mr. Ected                     	30shadyridr                     	30VA703                         	30Ignoramus                     	29EYLive                        	28FlapJacks                     	28glock                         	28Rayderr                       	28NutterButter                  	27Slapdash                      	27E Street Brat                 	26Jewell                        	26Politician Spock              	26Arizona Ron                   	25mad sweeney                   	25Whitetail Hunter              	25Wingnut                       	25Clifford                      	24glumpy                        	24Homer J Simpson               	24Joe T                         	24Limp Ditka                    	24Bottomfeeder Sports           	23DrJ                           	23fatness                       	23Maurile Tremblay              	23Ministry of Pain              	23timschochet                   	233C's                          	22B-Deep                        	22culdeus                       	22Dan Lambskin                  	22Das Boot                      	22snogger                       	22Getzlaf15                     	21gianmarco                     	21kentric                       	21mr. furley                    	21Brady Marino                  	20dickey moe                    	20eoMMan                        	20Fat Nick                      	20Jules Winnfield               	20Mad Cow                       	20Sinn Fein                     	20The Commish                   	20
Can you do this as a percentage of all posts made by that person in 2013? I would also like to know the penultimate poster, as they would get the assist.

just to be mentioned with those guys at the top is just an honor for me.

Hm... thought Id make this list... perhaps Im too interesting to have the last word.

Pretty sure that's it.

I was a real contender for the title with some top three finishes, now can not even crack the top 20. :kicksrock:

So, T, tell us about your tactics. It would seem that you have to catch the thread at just the right time, when everything that could be said has been said, when interest has dwindled to the point where maybe it's on page 3. If you wait too long, people will be reminded of the subject and come up with something new to say. And you can't say anything really provocative, either, because chances are somebody will get upset and respond, nullifying your kill and possibly claiming it for themselves.

Do you study Page 2 or 3 looking for likely targets? Do you practice speaking in monotone in front of your mirror? Do you mimic boring posters like me or Politician Spock or some of the mods?

Big fan of your 2013 work but look for challengers spoilers to come crawling out of the woodwork this year.

Users who are viewing this thread