What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawks WR2 Training Camp Battle? (1 Viewer)

loose circuits

Footballguy
Any news on this battle? Seems like a lot of competition here. With Williams release there is a lot of room for some of these guys to have an impact. With Rice's injury history a few of these guys may end up having value.

Candidates:

Doug Baldwin: Produced last year in slot role. Wants to earn more PT and crack that starting line-up.

Golden Tate: Former 2nd round pick finally showed flashes last year. Does he have what it takes to start?

Ricardo "Rocket" Lockette: Lightning fast, raw skills, but limited football experience.

Kris Durham: AJ Green's former teammate has outstanding athletic ability for a 6-6 WR.

Antonio Bryant: Can he resurrect his career?

Deon Butler: Super fast, showed potential early on but has dealt with injuries.

Ben Obomanu: Crafty vet caught 67 balls the past 2 years

not sure how this will pan out, but something I am watching closely. Sounded early on like Durham and Lockette had the early edge http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=673135 However, I haven't heard much lately outside of some things about Baldwin wanted to grab the job along with the release of BMW...

found this:

Seahawks receiver update: Rice out of red, Tate making playsBy John BoyleOutside of the Seahawks' quarterback competition (you have heard a thing or two about that, right?) one of the big story lines at training camp is how things will shake out at receiver for the Seahawks. One questions is how soon Sidney Rice will be 100 percent healthy, and beyond that, if he can stay healthy. Then if Rice is healthy, the next question is who will be Seattle's other starter at receiver. We're still a long, long ways from anything being sorted out, but we saw a glimpse of positive signs in both of those departments Sunday during Seattle's second day of training camp. First, Rice, who opened camp Saturday in a red (no contact) jersey, was back in blue with the rest of the offense on Sunday. Now that doesn't mean he practiced without limitation--he still avoided contact and took part in limited reps--but it's another step on the road back for Rice, who had surgery on both shoulders in the offseason. He did, however, admit that the decision to ditch the red jersey was made by him and not the training staff or coaches. "I snuck it in," he said. "They got on me when I came out here. . . I wanted to be in the blue with the rest of the team. I'm not a quarterback, so I don't want to wear a read jersey."As for the battle for the other starting job, one person who could be considered a front runner is Golden Tate, who is looking to build off of a promising finish to last season. He didn't hurt his case Sunday, making several spectacular grabs, including one diving catch on a deep ball, and another leaping grab while taking some contact on a pass over the middle. That doesn't mean Tate will win a starting job with ease. He will be pushed by several players, including veteran Ben Obomanu, who was very involved in Sunday's practice, and young talented but unproven players like Kris Durham and Ricardo Lockette. And that sits just fine with Tate, who by his own admission didn't come into the league with the right approach two years ago. Rice noted Sunday that he's seen a more mature Tate this year compared to when they first became teammates last summer, and Tate appears ready to show that maturity on the field as well as when reflecting on his career. "Going back a little bit, I've always been the guy, I've always been the guy you're throwing the ball to," he said. "I'm getting the ball. I never had to work for my position; I was always more athletic, so for the first time ever, I felt like I had to work, it wasn't given to me, and I didn't respond correctly my rookie year."© 2012 The Daily Herald Co., Everett, WA
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20120729/BLOG06/120729745/1004/sports

I am going to take Tate to win the job and Baldwin to be the slot guy. I have a feeling Rice won't stay healthy and it will be Baldwin and Tate for most of the year.

Braylon just inked, this is why I can't get behind any of the horses in this battle. Baldwin exceeded expectations as a forgotten rook. Rice had that one breakout year surrounded by nothing but injuries. I thought Tate was an over rated prospect and has done nothing to shed that label. The rest of the mainstays were scrubs. They dumped Williams (Tate up) then ink other reclammation projects Bryant and Braylon within the next week?

If I were more bullish on this offense I'd be more willing to throw darts, but I'm not so I'm just avoiding unless some clarity emerges.

Bryant, Braylon...why bring these guys in if you like what you have on the roster already? There had to be some younger prospects out there. What are the updates on Rice? Is he 100% healthy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryant, Braylon...why bring these guys in if you like what you have on the roster already? There had to be some younger prospects out there. What are the updates on Rice? Is he 100% healthy?
:goodposting: This is my problem with the signings, although it is consistent with Carrol's M.O. since he got there. Bring in a bunch of darts, let them duke it out, and whoever emerges gets the job. Not a bad strategy when it comes to your non-core players from a NFL perspective, just not good for our game.

They are being very careful with Rice and the reports are that he has been wearing a red jersey (no contact) in practice.

I don't think bringing in Bryant/Braylon says as much about Tate/Baldwin as it does Rice.

Bryant/Braylon could be just camp bodies if they're unsure with Rice. And then both will be called quickly if/when Rice/someone else goes down (and they'll have the added experience of knowing the O a bit)

Golden Tate under the gun with Seattle Seahawks

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

This is Golden Tate's time. Or at least it was supposed to be. The highly touted Notre Dame product enters his third season with his best chance by far to be a starting wide receiver with the Seattle Seahawks.

He's healthy. He's the subject of a lot of positive talk in Seattle about his development. Now, he just has to beat out Braylon Edwards for the starting split end job.

Signing Edwards indicates the Seahawks haven't bought fully into Tate's emergence just yet. The team has Sidney Rice for one outside receiver spot and Doug Baldwin manning the slot. Tate was the favorite for the starting split end job over guys like Ben Obomanu, Kris Durham and Ricardo Lockette.

Tate was widely viewed as the favorite for the gig. One report suggested that Tate was "toying" with cornerbacks. He professed a change in attitude.

"I never had to work for my position; it was always given to me," Tate said via The News Tribune. "I was always more athletic, so for the first time ever I felt like I had to work. It wasn't given to me."

It's not going to be given to him this year, either. All the positive talk is about Tate, but Seattle's signing says more than all the puff pieces combined.

"With the release of Mike Williams -- who's a bigger, stronger receiver -- we felt like there might be a little bit of a gap there, and (we were thinking), 'Let's give this guy a shot and bring him in,'" general manager John Schneider said.

The Seahawks signed Antonio Bryant before picking up Edwards. They want more options at Tate's position. They're acting like they need more weapons. Tate hasn't filled that gap yet.

I'm surprised no one has really mentioned Ricardo Lockette. He was impressive towards the end of last season and Carrol believes he has alot of talent.

He also has had a good start to training camp: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018803008_camp_carroll_da_9.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018811484_camp_carroll_da_10.html?syndication=rss
I agree - this is the player I would roll the dice on even though he is on not on anybody's radar - could be one of those undrafted small school prospects that comes out of nowhere and surprises everyone.

I think Doug Baldwin is the guy to have. Never underestimate how excellent route running can establish a WR, and Baldwin is still getting better yet. He should be a solid #3 in PPR and an outstanding by week fill in, especially if this offense passes as much as I suspect they will if Lynch is suspended and Flynn shines. Baldwin reminds me a lot of like a Troy Brown, just a reliable professional that can be a gem in PPR.

It's a quiet training camp for Pete Carroll, Seahawks

By Danny O'Neil

Seattle Times NFL reporter

Excerpt:

And for all the attention paid to the quarterback competition, it's worth pointing out that is one of the only two legitimate battles for a starting position. Golden Tate is trying to become the starting split end in a competition that includes second-year receiver Ricardo Lockette, who looked as good as anyone the first four days of training camp.

seems like a lot of buzz surrounding Lockette although this reminds me how raw he is:

Blowing his top: Receiver Ricardo Lockette has been one of the most impressive players through the first week of training camp, and he very nearly came down with an impressive catch on a go-route down the sidelines only to drop it after he got behind the defense. He then took off his helmet, flinging it down to the ground violently. Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell came over to remind Lockette to keep a more even-keel demeanor and that dropping a pass is bad enough. Costing a team 15 yards in penalties in addition to dropping it is substantially worse.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018836113_camp_carroll_da_12.html

Terrell Owens, Braylon Edwards death match on tap?

By Dan Hanzus

Writer

Terrell Owens is now a member of the Seattle Seahawks. Will that still be the case a month from now?

Pete Carroll loves himself a reclamation project, but Owens is guaranteed nothing. If anything, the 38-year-old veteran might have to find a way to leapfrog other receivers on the roster.

Can he do that? Let's take a look, breaking down Seattle wideouts into three groups.

PLAUSIBLY SAFE

Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin

Rice is being brought along slowly after offseason shoulder surgeries and is just one year into a fat free-agent contract. Baldwin was the Seahawks leading receiver last season (788 yards, four TDs) and is a good fit for the slot. Seattle hopes this is the season Tate emerges as a consistent playmaker.

BUBBLE BOYS

Ben Obomanu, Kris Durham, Ricardo Lockette

Obomanu has the strongest résumé here, finishing last season with 436 yards and two touchdowns. Lockette has put himself on the radar with a strong start to training camp. Durham is a project, a fourth-round draft pick in 2011 who has both size (6-foot-6, 216 pounds) and versatility.

POSSIBLE DEATH MATCH

Terrell Owens, Braylon Edwards

Though lights-out training camps could allow both to make the team, we'd be surprised if both Owens and Edwards are in uniform by Week 1. Neither play special teams, so they'll have to make up for that lack of versatility by showing off their playmaking skills of yesteryear. Our money's on Edwards, but perhaps it's time to get out of the business of writing off T.O.

Forget about the WR2 battle -- I'm more concerned about the WR12 battle. :lol:

Seahawks current (estimated) depth chart:

1. Sidney Rice

2. Golden Tate

3. Doug Baldwin

4. Braylon Edwards

5. Ben Obomanu

6. Terrell Owens

7. Deon Butler

8. Kris Durham

9. Ricardo Lockette

10. Charly Martin

11. Lavasier Tuinei ®

12. Phil Bates ®

13. Jermaine Kearse (PUP)

Forget about the WR2 battle -- I'm more concerned about the WR12 battle. :lol:Seahawks current (estimated) depth chart:1. Sidney Rice2. Golden Tate3. Doug Baldwin4. Braylon Edwards5. Ben Obomanu6. Terrell Owens7. Deon Butler8. Kris Durham9. Ricardo Lockette10. Charly Martin11. Lavasier Tuinei ®12. Phil Bates ®13. Jermaine Kearse (PUP)
Options 7-9 are young players each with mixed up and down sides. I really wouldnt want to see all of them released.Cant see how Braylon and TO would both make the team.

#1 - Baldwin#2- S.Rice#3 - Tate#4 - not much value.This will be how they finish in FF points scored.
You think Rice is going to get hurt again or something? If he stays healthy then I think he's going to put up solid numbers and I don't see enough passes in this offense to make a WR2 very productive. With Zach Miller and Winslow stealing targets, this isn't going to be a very fantasy friendly group.

#1 - Baldwin#2- S.Rice#3 - Tate#4 - not much value.This will be how they finish in FF points scored.
You think Rice is going to get hurt again or something? If he stays healthy then I think he's going to put up solid numbers and I don't see enough passes in this offense to make a WR2 very productive. With Zach Miller and Winslow stealing targets, this isn't going to be a very fantasy friendly group.
Tell me ninja, what is Rice's exception? the one stud year with Favre or the 4 banged up/underperforming years?

Forget about the WR2 battle -- I'm more concerned about the WR12 battle. :lol:Seahawks current (estimated) depth chart:1. Sidney Rice2. Golden Tate3. Doug Baldwin4. Braylon Edwards5. Ben Obomanu6. Terrell Owens7. Deon Butler8. Kris Durham9. Ricardo Lockette10. Charly Martin11. Lavasier Tuinei ®12. Phil Bates ®13. Jermaine Kearse (PUP)
NOBODY turns over every rock like the Hawks do. They find talent better than any team in the NFL right now. :thumbup:

Tell me ninja, what is Rice's exception? the one stud year with Favre or the 4 banged up/underperforming years?
So is that a yes? You answered my question with a question. I still can't tell if you just think he sucks or if he's injury prone, because your question doesn't make much sense. Are you asking if his stud performance was the exception or the fact that he was healthy for 16 games? Do you think his injuries had nothing to do with his decline in performance the last two years? What about the QB play for those other 4 years? Those have no bearing on his performance and he's 100% to blame?Personally, I think the guy is a stud when healthy. Look at it this way. His first two years look a lot like most wide receivers' first two years. His third year he blew up (following the oft debated third year rule). The next two years he was injured, but not torn ACLs or balky ankles - he had hip surgery and shoulder surgery. He should be 100% this year. He's not on a throwing team, so I'm not expecting sick numbers, but I think he'll be a solid WR2 at the price of a low end WR3.

'FF Ninja said:
'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
'FF Ninja said:
#1 - Baldwin

#2- S.Rice

#3 - Tate

#4 - not much value.

This will be how they finish in FF points scored.
So is that a yes? You answered my question with a question. I still can't tell if you just think he sucks or if he's injury prone, because your question doesn't make much sense. Are you asking if his stud performance was the exception or the fact that he was healthy for 16 games? Do you think his injuries had nothing to do with his decline in performance the last two years? What about the QB play for those other 4 years? Those have no bearing on his performance and he's 100% to blame?Personally, I think the guy is a stud when healthy. Look at it this way. His first two years look a lot like most wide receivers' first two years. His third year he blew up (following the oft debated third year rule). The next two years he was injured, but not torn ACLs or balky ankles - he had hip surgery and shoulder surgery. He should be 100% this year. He's not on a throwing team, so I'm not expecting sick numbers, but I think he'll be a solid WR2 at the price of a low end WR3.
He also had 3 concusions in a 12 month period and had surgey on BOTH shoulders this offseason. Looks like he may not be ready to start the season.
SI.com's Peter King believes Sidney Rice (shoulder surgeries) "might not be ready to start the season."

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi suggested Tuesday that the Terrell Owens signing was related to "major disappointment" in Rice's availability as much as the lack of experience behind him. "Obviously they wouldn't be making these moves [if Rice was ready to contribute]," said Lombardi. "I think you're signing T.O. with the idea that he's going to be a starter ... they need (Owens and Braylon Edwards) to be back to the player they were a couple of years ago to help the offense."

'FF Ninja said:
'FF Ninja said:
that's a yes. He will be hurt or something, to quote you.his lone studly season was the exception not the rule. slice it a million ways however you wish, hurt, bad qb play, divorce, bad coaching. He wont be the #1 scoring WR in seattle this year, he's not a stud, he had 1 anomaly for 1 season.

'FF Ninja said:
'FF Ninja said:
#1 - Baldwin

#2- S.Rice

#3 - Tate

#4 - not much value.

that's a yes. He will be hurt or something, to quote you.his lone studly season was the exception not the rule. slice it a million ways however you wish, hurt, bad qb play, divorce, bad coaching.

He wont be the #1 scoring WR in seattle this year, he's not a stud, he had 1 anomaly for 1 season.
If Rice is healthy he approaches 80 catches and 1,000 yards rather easily, IMO. Kind of hard to take your harping on the anomaly routine seriously when he hasn't played a full seasons worth of games the last 2 years. It's not like Baldwin came close to doubling up Rice's production in a full 16 games last year.

Terrell Owens might start for Seahawks, Carroll says

By Dan Hanzus

Writer

And now for the latest update on America's favorite scrappy underdog, Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Terrell Owens.

It's been speculated here and elsewhere that Owens will face a challenge simply to earn a spot on Pete Carroll's final roster. But the Seahawks coach doesn't appear to have any ceiling on his newest weapon.

"His work out and work ethic was extraordinary," Carroll said Tuesday, via the team's Twitter page. "He has a chance to start over here, and that's pretty cool."

Pretty cool, indeed. Carroll is an outside-the-box type thinker among his NFL brethren. Talking about a significant role for a 38-year-old player who's been out of the league for a year certainly qualifies.

Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, Owens' former offensive coordinator in Dallas and likely familiar with the receiver's less flattering angles, wishes him well.

"He's going to go down as one of the all-time greats to ever play his position," Garrett said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "He has a passion for playing. We know that because we were around him, how he practiced and how he played. I wish him nothing but the best. He'll help their football team."

T.O. goodwill is everywhere! Hell hath frozen over.

One final bit of T.O. news. Carroll confirmed Owens will wear No. 10 this season, saying goodbye to the No. 81 jersey he wore with five teams over his first 15 NFL seasons. (Golden Tate apparently has 81 on lock.)

This isn't Michael Jordan wearing No. 45 weird, but it's up there.

Owens' workout has Seahawks dreaming

By Mike Sando | ESPN.com

RENTON, Wash. -- Doug Baldwin, the Seattle Seahawks' leading receiver as a rookie in 2011, was among those present for Terrell Owens' workout with the team Monday.

What did the 23-year-old Baldwin see?

"4.45 40," Baldwin said Tuesday. "That is faster than my pro day and he's 38 years old."

Owens, scheduled to make his Seahawks practice debut Wednesday after signing a one-year contract, was already the talk of camp, thanks in part to that workout.

"He had crisp routes, came out of his breaks unbelievably for 38 years old," Baldwin said. "I mean, even if he was 24 years old, he would still look good. He caught everything that was thrown to him. He absorbed everything the coaches were saying to him. He is hungry to be back on the field."

Owens' pending arrival has put the Seahawks' other receivers on notice. They realize Owens' credentials dwarf their own. Though Owens did not play in 2011, his stats from 2010 -- 72 receptions for 983 yards and nine touchdowns -- exceed what any current Seattle player has contributed to the Seahawks over the past two seasons combined.

What no one can know yet is whether Owens will live up to his reputation as a high-maintenance player and potential locker room malcontent.

"We are just going to try to control it the best we can," starting receiver Sidney Rice said. "We're not here to critique anybody. We're welcoming the guy here. We're not going to talk bad about him or anything like that. We're going to try to keep him comfortable in the locker room and get out here on the field as much as possible and make plays for us."

There is little risk for now. The team can release Owens at any point before the first week of the season without salary-cap ramifications. There's enough time before the regular-season opener for Seattle to figure out where Owens fits -- if he fits -- without compromising game plans or receiving rotations.

"He's going to come in and we're going to welcome him with open arms and he is going to see how we treat our players here, how we treat our teammates," Baldwin said. "I don't think it's going to be an issue at all."

Seattle needs a big body at wide receiver.

Mike Williams filled that role until injuries sidelined him and weight concerns resurfaced. Braylon Edwards, signed last week, fits that mold. Owens would have to be the favorite, however, based on the speed he showed Monday. The time he ran was faster than the one Owens posted coming out of college to San Francisco in 1996, when Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was finishing a three-year run as the 49ers' defensive coordinator.

"I saw him at the start when it was just raw bones, a young man trying to make the club," Carroll said. "It is interesting how he is. He is extremely hungry, and he is humbled. He is determined to finish his career on a good note."

Also interesting: how Carroll phrased things. He sounded as if he already knew Owens would factor for his team.

"He is famous for his work ethic," Carroll said of Owens. "Adding that to our football team and letting our guys see what he is like will help everybody this season."

Owens hadn't even stepped on the practice field and already Carroll was referring to how Owens would impact the team beyond these next few weeks of camp. That's the kind of confidence a 4.45-second time can inspire.

"I put a lot of pressure on him," Carroll said. "He'd better cook when he gets here, which he will. I know he will because we worked him out the other day and his workout was phenomenal. You would not be able to imagine a guy could work out that well."

Carroll and general manager John Schneider have eagerly collected former first-round picks from other teams. They've added Owens, Edwards, tight end Kellen Winslow and running back Marshawn Lynch to the offense. Robert Gallery, since released and now retired, was another highly drafted offensive player Seattle employed under the Carroll-Schneider tenure. Williams was another one.

A few others, notably Reggie Williams and LenDale White, failed to stick around long enough to factor. Their experiences show Carroll and Schneider will quickly move on from a talented player when the fit isn't right.

"I think it just becomes a matter of, as long as everyone is on the same page, which is winning for the Seahawks and all else is out the window, this could be a heckuva move for everyone involved," Edwards said.

Owens is different from White, Mike Williams and some of the other attempted reclamation projects, however. Owens has always produced on the field. He's always competed hard. He's played through injuries. He's also gotten into locker room fights. He has undermined quarterbacks, including Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia. This time, Owens has to know he's about out of second chances. He has to make this one work, or he's likely done.

Carroll was asked whether one player could wreck a locker room.

"That’s not even a topic around here," Carroll said. "Our team is so strong and our guys are so together and our message and what we stand for and all of that. There’s no one guy that’s going to do that to this football team, not even close.

"We're a bunch of young guys growing, and if some older guys want to fit into it, they’re going to have to do it our way. That was a really clear statement to Terrell and he knows what he’s getting into."

'FF Ninja said:
'FF Ninja said:
#1 - Baldwin

#2- S.Rice

#3 - Tate

#4 - not much value.

that's a yes. He will be hurt or something, to quote you.his lone studly season was the exception not the rule. slice it a million ways however you wish, hurt, bad qb play, divorce, bad coaching.

He wont be the #1 scoring WR in seattle this year, he's not a stud, he had 1 anomaly for 1 season.
If Rice is healthy he approaches 80 catches and 1,000 yards rather easily, IMO. Kind of hard to take your harping on the anomaly routine seriously when he hasn't played a full seasons worth of games the last 2 years. It's not like Baldwin came close to doubling up Rice's production in a full 16 games last year.
GIANT IF

guy has been over 32 catches once in 5 years.

'FF Ninja said:
'FF Ninja said:
#1 - Baldwin

#2- S.Rice

#3 - Tate

#4 - not much value.

GIANT IF

Not many 25 year olds with a 1300 yard season on their resume period...and you can grab him late in drafts. Worth a gamble IMO.

'FF Ninja said:
'FF Ninja said:
that's a yes. He will be hurt or something, to quote you.his lone studly season was the exception not the rule. slice it a million ways however you wish, hurt, bad qb play, divorce, bad coaching. He wont be the #1 scoring WR in seattle this year, he's not a stud, he had 1 anomaly for 1 season.
I was hoping you would fill in the "or something" if you had a logical reason other than injury to knock him down a peg on the Seattle totem pole. Kind of dumb to put him as the #2 if you think he'll be injured. It is far more likely he'll either be healthy and produce as a #1 or he'll be injured and produce as a guy who is on the IR. If he is injured and finishes #2 in Seattle then he likely produced like a #1 for the games he played and then was surpassed while injured, allowing you to fill in his spot (likely WR3/WR4 given his ADP) with a backup. Not a bad deal for an ADP of WR36.I fear you may have the blinders on here. To ignore obvious factors such as severe injuries is extremely narrow minded. He was coming off major surgery two years ago with a faltering Favre at QB and then last year he had both rotator cuffs completely torn and TJax/Whitehurst throwing him the ball. If you want to call those two seasons the norm and his healthy season the anomaly that is certainly your right. He isn't very old, though. If he can find a way to get healthy I think his best seasons are ahead of him. If he misses some preseason games and slips to WR50, that will be a bargain I can't pass up.

'FF Ninja said:
'FF Ninja said:
#1 - Baldwin

#2- S.Rice

#3 - Tate

#4 - not much value.

GIANT IF

Yes, I think most of us understand it's hard to put up stats if you aren't playing.

Ranking on upside alone Rice, Durham then Baldwin.. Durham is basically a rookie, may have value late in the season.

T.O. will lead the Seahawks in receiving this year. Book it. He is broke, humbled and highly motivated.

A 4.45 40 is just sick for a 38 year old.

concussions, two bad shoulders, hip issues, and he is only 25. He is already finished before he got started. He is one of the most inury prone players and has only had 1 year of any value to owners.

Some may disagree, but in a redraft Rice should not even be rostered. Your telling me you will put him on your team when there is an 80% chance he will not help your team when there are so many better players with just as much upside out there at his ADP? Not me, but then again I'm a shark, I like players who help me win and not look pretty on my bench saying "Wow, I might have a good team if Rice was healthy."

Rice is just not good (fantasy wise), say what you like. I'd rather have T.O. or Braylon, both look better then Rice. How do I know? THEY ARE ON THE FIELD!

How is Tate going to finish 3rd from the bench?
fair enough. was just being cheeky.I think T.O. will put up 800+ yards and 7-8 TDs this year if he stays healthy. That doesn't stink, especially when you consider where you can get him in the draft.well in my defense I made the list before the TO signing. But who knows really what the hell is going on in seattle now. Too many QBs, Too many WRs and they all stink

Terrell Owens a threat to Sidney Rice with Seahawks?

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

We wondered in Wednesday morning's Training Camp Buzz whether Terrell Owens' signing said more about Sidney Rice's place with the Seattle Seahawks than it expressed dissatisfaction with third-year pro Golden Tate.

On Wednesday afternoon, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll spoke loud and clear.

Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune notes that Owens played as the second-team flanker at practice. That's Rice's position.

Golden Tate lines up at split end, where T.O. traditionally has played during his career. Braylon Edwards also is in the mix at split end.

Putting Owens at flanker is a sign that the Seahawks don't necessarily trust Rice to be healthy. From the Antonio Bryant signing onward, this entire preseason has shown the Seahawks don't trust their wide receiver group.

Users who are viewing this thread