What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scoring Changes - Week 3. Vick goes over 100 rushing? (1 Viewer)

Elias Sports Bureau and the NFL have made the following official stat changes for NFL Week 3:

Chiefs at Eagles:
3rd Qtr, 5:48 remaining. Sack by Connor Barwin, not Trent Cole.
4th Qtr, 11:36 remaining. Kickoff return by Dexter McCluster, not Quintin Demps.
4th Qtr, 1:40 remaining. Play changed from a rush of -4 yards by Michael Vick to a sack by Justin Houston.
4th Qtr, 0:30 remaining. Rush of -1 yards by Alex Smith not reported in original play by play.

Jaguars at Seahawks:
3rd Qtr, 13:17 remaining. Play changed from a sack of Denard Robinson to a rush.

Packers at Bengals:
4th Qtr, 4:01 remaining. Fumble forced by Randall Cobb, not Andress Quarless.

Colts at 49ers:
1st Qtr, 3:35 remaining. Sack by Aldon Smith, not Justin Smith.
2nd Qtr, 11:48 remaining. Play changed from a pass by Andrew Luck to Reggie Wayne to a backwards pass/lateral thus a rush by Wayne.

Browns at Vikings:
2nd Qtr, 2:51 remaining. Pass broken up by Tashaun Gipson, not Buster Skrine.
3rd Qtr, 3:34 remaining. No pass defense for Sharrif Floyd.

If Vick's -4 rushing yards are reversed and he had 99 total rushing yards before the change, seems he should have 103 total rushing yards. Possibly important for leagues with 100 yard bonus.

I think unless your league is setup for sack yardage to count against a QB's rushing totals, the change will not effect his rushing totals. Ours doesn't . MFL.com's official stats went out today at 11 AM and he has 99 rushing/receiving yards in my league.

the play by play shows it as a rush for -4 yards (after it was reviewed.)

If it was changed to a sack, it shouldn't come off his rushing totals and he should have 4 additional yards.

From the NFL.com website, the play is described as follows:

1-10-PHI 17 (1:40) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Vick sacked at PHI 14 for -3 yards (50-J.Houston). PHI-7-M.Vick was injured during the play. His return is Probable. The Replay Assistant challenged the runner was down by contact ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Vick sacked at PHI 13 for -4 yards (50-J.Houston). FUMBLES (50-J.Houston) [50-J.Houston], RECOVERED by KC-50-J.Houston at PHI 13. 50-J.Houston to PHI 13 for no gain (71-J.Peters). PHI-7-M.Vick was injured during the play. His return is Probable.

I'm a vick owner too,and I asked this last night but no one responded.

After looking at the gamebook prior to this play Vick had 3 runs of 61, 14, and 24. That's 99 yards. The official game log shows he has 4 carries for 99 yards, I'm not sure where they took 4 yards away.

My game ended in a tie , and an extra 4 yards to vick would get me a win, but I don't see how it makes sense. If they changed that play to a run they should be taking the 4 yards away from his running totals, so he should finish with 95, not adding 4 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a vick owner too,and I asked this last night but no one responded.

After looking at the gamebook prior to this play Vick had 3 runs of 61, 14, and 24. That's 99 yards. The official game log shows he has 4 carries for 99 yards, I'm not sure where they took 4 yards away.

My game ended in a tie , and an extra 4 yards to vick would get me a win, but I don't see how it makes sense. If they changed that play to a run they should be taking the 4 yards away from his running totals, so he should finish with 95, not adding 4 yards.
That's interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread