What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scores of FFA posters realize how wrong they were in here. (1 Viewer)

Who wins a fight?

• Total voters
Yea, she could beat one of the greatest boxers ever, you morons.

But a random female boxer, nope...

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny title FC, should I quote some posts about how wrong you've been about some predictions in the past?

Curious, do you think Rousey will win her next fight?

Ron artest would ####### destroy her in 5 seconds
All these guys would destroy her in 5 seconds. She's a female bantamweight. 

My God, some people...

It's like a lack of critical thinking skills is the only way to be polite about achievement or something.  

81 people voted for a 5'7", 135 pound woman over a 6'7" 260 lb. man who is sculpted like you wouldn't believe and utterly destroyed some people in Malice at the Palace. 

Oh my God. It's hard to take this board seriously sometimes. 

:lmao: :lmao:
Will she win her next fight?

Funny title FC, should I quote some posts about how wrong you've been about some predictions in the past?

Curious, do you think Rousey will win her next fight?
Go right ahead - before you do, please share with us who your previous account was. 500 posts in one month, you're obviously not new to this forum and talk about history in your post, so share with us who you are.

my favorite part in all of this, maybe aside from how quick everyone was to buy the hype and discard all logic and conventional wisdom, is Ron Artest actually losing his poll.

he's 6'7-6'9 (at least a full foot taller than Ronda), probably at least 100 lbs heavier than her, stronger than her, and he once watched a guy get stabbed in the heart with a table leg during a game of pickup basketball.  something tells me he could find his way around a ring.

some of you are ridiculous.

WhatDoIKnow said:
I'm not sure what's worse.  The people that voted Rousey could beat any of these guys or fc and ra jumping up and down like 8 year olds shouting, "I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO!"

Setup a pole.
That one has to do this to prove one's point is both unbecoming to the person trying to make the point and sad with respect to the state of current public opinion. I'll certainly grant you the former if you'll grant me the latter. 

There's a lot of stuff like that these days. 

Rousey just earned three million for her proficiency in beating up 135 lb. girls. Argh.  

eta* Oh, and only "I can't even read" Eminence/John liked your post. Double Argh. That guy ever likes my posts, I'm thinking about deleting.  

She is 145 ish pounds? JJ is 325ish, he is not a fat offensive lineman he is a quick powerful giant, he would snap her in half in like 1 minute. The only way she lasts longer than that is if she just runs the entire time, she has no hold or punch that could stop him. Same with crazy Harrison, or Artest these are big men, she would have zero shot. Floyd would kill her quickly, he would easily avoid her slow ### punches and knock her head off.

This is almost as stupid as back in the day when UNLV had Larry Johnson and people tried to argue they could beat an NBA team.... Ummm no chance, NBA teams are actually all NBA players, Johnson was only ever an average pro and he was the best player on the team.

Rousey is an awesome women's MMA fighter and she literally destroys every women she faces, but I just don't see her having a shot against a man, espcially one that is 6 foot plus and an athlete.
It takes exactly 15 pounds of properly applied pressure to break your knee. How far is JJ going without knees? Not quite so giant when he cant stand up.  See this is the thing. The whole idea behind judo and many other marital arts is to level the playing field between a larger and smaller opponent. So her being much smaller than JJ is not the be all end all of the discussion. If she is skilled enough that size difference is a factor but not the only one. Is she faster? Can she get to vulnerable points where her size isn't a limiting factor? Maybe maybe not. But it isn't all about size. Same with Artest or Harrison. They aren't trained for this. And running at someone who is trained with the intent to overpower them is likely playing into their hands. Floyd is a different story. He should know better than to get into trouble and should easily handle her in a straight up fistfight. But if he got sloppy who knows? And I know she recently lost so she isn't unstoppable but a trained professional always has the advantage over untrained amateurs who are just big.

It takes exactly 15 pounds of properly applied pressure to break your knee. How far is JJ going without knees? Not quite so giant when he cant stand up.  See this is the thing. The whole idea behind judo and many other marital arts is to level the playing field between a larger and smaller opponent. So her being much smaller than JJ is not the be all end all of the discussion. If she is skilled enough that size difference is a factor but not the only one. Is she faster? Can she get to vulnerable points where her size isn't a limiting factor? Maybe maybe not. But it isn't all about size. Same with Artest or Harrison. They aren't trained for this. And running at someone who is trained with the intent to overpower them is likely playing into their hands. Floyd is a different story. He should know better than to get into trouble and should easily handle her in a straight up fistfight. But if he got sloppy who knows? And I know she recently lost so she isn't unstoppable but a trained professional always has the advantage over untrained amateurs who are just big.
:doh:

The thing I've personally found kind of odd about both of these threads is how sure most everyone seems to be one way or the other.  I'll be honest, I have no clue.  I don't watch boxing, MMA or any other kind of 1-on-1 "fighting" - I have no clue the technical aspects of the sports - I've never been in a fight in my life.  I have no concept on how to balance speed vs. strength vs. technique in judging who would win.  There's only two things I feel certain about 1.  all of them would kick my ### and 2. a lot of you have no clue what you're talking about.

ETA - I think I voted all dudes in this but honestly don't remember. 

The thing I've personally found kind of odd about both of these threads is how sure most everyone seems to be one way or the other.  I'll be honest, I have no clue.  I don't watch boxing, MMA or any other kind of 1-on-1 "fighting" - I have no clue the technical aspects of the sports - I've never been in a fight in my life.  I have no concept on how to balance speed vs. strength vs. technique in judging who would win.  There's only two things I feel certain about 1.  all of them would kick my ### and 2. a lot of you have no clue what you're talking about.

ETA - I think I voted all dudes in this but honestly don't remember. 
Nice thing is you can check.

You voted Ronda over Ron Artest

and now i'm picturing Cary Elwes jumping on Andre the Giant's back to put him in a sleeper hold :lmao:

and now i'm picturing Cary Elwes jumping on Andre the Giant's back to put him in a sleeper hold :lmao:
Can't argue with video evidence. 

But my whole point was a trained pro is always at the advantage and they know how to really hurt people if they want to.

Nice thing is you can check.

You voted Ronda over Ron Artest
That kind of aligns with my thinking that I have no clue.  Although I am curious why I only picked him unless I just went by sport and then size.  He kind of seems crazy so I may want to change that vote.

:hifive: @NCCommish  It's like some of these people have never even seen Roadhouse or something.

Joe Bryant said:
:hifive: @NCCommish  It's like some of these people have never even seen Roadhouse or something.
i like to think that as a fellow brohan i know a thing or two about one of the greatested bros who ever haned and that would be dalton and fellas the difference is that dalton was the best cooler in the business had the best hair in the universe and could tell if a car was in good mechanical condition and worthy of purchase just by seeing if its headlight covers worked and those my fine feathered friends are three near super powers that rounda rosey will never have take that to the bank brochachos 

Let's bump this one again. I loved this. There are surely some scolds around to wish it all ill, to, um, bend over truth in the service of utopianism, but they're few and far between, or ignorable. 

I stand by what I actually said which is a trained professional always has an advantage over an untrained amateur. Size is less a thing than training and experience. This is just true.

i also stand by my assertion that dalton was the best cooler in the business take that to the bank brohans

I stand by what I actually said which is a trained professional always has an advantage over an untrained amateur. Size is less a thing than training and experience. This is just true.

Jiu-Jitsu black belt vs Bodybuilder. Brazilian Jiu jitsu vs Muscles Demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByOyW0SAUWU

These things are a matter of context. There's a huge difference between "combative sports" and a pure "street brawl"

There's a reason why combative sports splits down competition by gender and weight classes ( Yes, I used the term "gender". I'm an old man, I'm not going to be PC about how men and women are split into fighting categories. I also had a fanny pack in the 80s. Some wokies will just have to live with it. )

There's also the issue that "untrained amateur" as in some random average guy off the street is not the same as a professional athlete like Ron Artest who has elite athleticism in general.

Nearly all fights end up on the ground. The few that don't, most of the rest are because someone is pinned up against something. Once you are on the ground, weight matters. On the ground and in close contact, length starts to lose it's advantage. Every difference in ten pound increments, if you are talking fighters under 200 pounds, has an exponential effect in leverage.

Ronda Rousey Versus Ron Artest in what exactly? In BJJ with a strict adherence to the rules, Rousey would have some better options than if she was in a boxing match with Artest. No training in the world is going to save you if someone has close to 100 pounds on you and has you on the ground and is running ground and pound on you.

Prime Wade Garrett takes him.  Hell the mustache alone give him the advantage.  
Not if you believe Garrett showed Daulton all his tricks.......although knowing what we know about Garrett there is no way he gave away all his tricks.  

• Sad
Reactions: SWC

It is the word "always" where you go completely wrong here.

Users who are viewing this thread