What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Santana Moss Owners (1 Viewer)

What will you do?

• Start

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sit

• Cut

• Total voters

karmarooster

Footballguy
Well he's been in my lineups for 2 weeks and done absolutely nothing. I was planning on benching him this week, but the Lions matchup is very enticing. Altough, the St. Louis at home matchup last week was pretty nice, too, and he didn't do jack.Moss owners, have you cut him? Sit him on the bench? Will anyone start him this week? Honestly if he can't produce against the Lions he can't produce against anyone. From the Sleepers email:

Even though Moss and the Redskins passing attack hasn't shown fantasy owners much to get excited about this year, this is one of those matchups that you simply can't ignore. Moss produced 2-6-0 and 3-35-0 in the first two games, but he came up huge last year against the Lions with 9-140-1. The Lions have allowed opposing WRs an average of 13-169-2 per game, although a big chunk of those numbers came in Week 1. Moss and the Redskins haven't been able to get their deep passing game rolling yet, but look for that to change this week against the Lions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting on the bench as a bye week replacement. Had his chance against the Rams last weekend at home, failed miserably. Redskins will probably be throwing to catch up this week though, so he's worth a look if you don't have a Michael Jenkins or Miles Austin caliber receiver to start ahead of him.

Sitting on the bench as a bye week replacement. Had his chance against the Rams last weekend at home, failed miserably. Redskins will probably be throwing to catch up this week though, so he's worth a look if you don't have a Michael Jenkins or Miles Austin caliber receiver to start ahead of him.
This is my thought also. If he was going to excel against a weak defense, it would've been last week against the Rams, at HOME. do you think the redskins will be playing catchup against the lions? At least he'll be in a dome. But it doesn't appear that he's getting enough targets to be fully successful.

Week 1: 5

Week 2: 6

Catch percentage is just under 50%.

What is the FBGs logic here? Are they assuming he has to have a decent game at some point?

ETA - Moss has always been prone to this on/off performance. Last year:

Week 5 - 0 catches

Week 6 - 2 for 22

Week 7 - 4 for 75, TD

Week 8 - 9 for 140, TD (@Detroit)

Week 9 - 2 for 14

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs a new QB to have fantasy value IMO. Campbell looks scared of throwing to his WRs at this stage.

He needs a new QB to have fantasy value IMO. Campbell looks scared of throwing to his WRs at this stage.
I think he needs at legit WR threat opposite him. He has been facing more double teams than Sasha Grey. They tried to get him the ball, Campbell looking to him as the first option, but he has been covered for the most part.

It is between S. Moss and R. Bush for my Flex Spot. I am leaning R. Bush at the moment. Not quite ready to give up completely on him, but he is very close to becoming my bubble player. If a good Free Agent becomes available, i might cut him loose.

Santana Moss and Lee Evans are the bane of fantasy owner's existence. They end the season with decent numbers, but their method of getting there? Well, when you start them they do nothing, when you bench them they blow up. God speed, and good luck.

Gotta be the breakout week (though the feeling was last week vs. the Rams was) ....

Encouraging that Campbell has done remarkably well vs. Detroit, and that Moss has had success on the carpet ... but it's the Last Chance Saloon up in Motown for the "other" Moss ...

Santana Moss and Lee Evans are the bane of fantasy owner's existence. They end the season with decent numbers, but their method of getting there? Well, when you start them they do nothing, when you bench them they blow up. God speed, and good luck.
Absolutely. I'm sure whatever I decide to do will be the wrong choice. After two weeks of getting burned, I was read to sit him until I needed a bye-week fill in. But this FBGs email has me considering starting him again."There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

I'm starting him this week, also started him last week, and if he continues to do nothing - he's gone. It's a 10 team league so there are still other options out there.

I cut him for Johnny Knox. I started him based on matchups in the first two weeks and he stunk it up. I don't think the 3 games where he blows up this year are worth it.

Going to give him Moss more week that he and the offense gets it together versus the Lions. If he throws up another stinker, then he'll be on the bench for the forseeable future.

sitting him right now.

The moment he has one his ridiculous games i will be firing over offers to teams that need a WR, touting his huge outing. i will do this half-heartedly, knowing that the other owners are savvy enough to know the deal with Moss.

zamboni said:
Going to give him Moss more week that he and the offense gets it together versus the Lions. If he throws up another stinker, then he'll be on the bench for the forseeable future.
Zamboni> ;)Agreed. This is a tough call for me as I could slot in Manningham against a softish TB D, but in the end, this is the kind of game that I drafted Moss for -- and as a gb said in another thread, if you don't start Moss in a game like this one, you don't start him at all.So that's how I am approaching Moss. Knowing that he has very little consistency, will give him this chance against a weak pass D to perform. Am relying on both Moss and Campbell's past history against this team, and the fact that Zorn knows he needs to win this game -- changing the gameplan to involve Moss more is one way this team can get back to winning ways.If Moss doesn't perform, then I can't even trust him against cupcake Ds, and he becomes a bye week filler.

southeastjerome said:
Truman said:
I think he needs at legit WR threat opposite him. He has been facing more double teams than Sasha Grey. They tried to get him the ball, Campbell looking to him as the first option, but he has been covered for the most part.
I'm impressed that my fellow FF owners are ardent followers of the cinema and Sasha Grey's talents. So far Santana's double teams have not looked as rough as Sashs's not he's not getting real open and Zorn's conservative offense does not exactly "light it up".He appears to have most of his speed, and for me, has some value in a TD/yardage league (if he strikes) and not a PPR league. I may spot start him this week as my 3rd WR in afew leagues.If Detroit can't stop the run, that may loosen it up for Campbell to throw a bomb or long slot. Ok, back to that Sasha film...."Every battle is won before it's fought" -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I drafted him for nothing expecting him to be my #4-5 receiver but after A. Gonzalez went down I'm having to rely on him and I don't like it at all! I just know that if I bench him for Berrian this week that he'll finally go off.

vikingdave said:
people still draft this guy???
Someone has to hold their nose and pick him. He does start and there is always the hope that Campbell will get benched. Man, that guy sucks.

I have Moss in a 12 team big money league. But, we have always been more of a "total points" league (70% of the pot goes to total points champ....30% pot goes to head to head champ). In a "total points" league Moss is still frustrating, but............two or three poor outings can be made up with one of his typical "blow up" games. The problem is....owners still get frustrated with Moss and tend to bench him at times (and you know what happens then....BLOW UP GAME). I'll be starting him this week over Manningham and Breaston fearing that this could be the week.

You start him, I actually had a dream the other day that he had two TDs. These dreams don't usually end up being correct but it was intriguing.

Gotta be the breakout week (though the feeling was last week vs. the Rams was) .... Encouraging that Campbell has done remarkably well vs. Detroit, and that Moss has had success on the carpet ... but it's the Last Chance Saloon up in Motown for the "other" Moss ...
Wrestled with Santana or Garcon all weekend ... decided to roll one last time with Moss, due to circumstances posted above ... guy got STUPID drunk in that "Last Chance Saloon", eh? :goodposting: Figure Moss has at least 2 more games like this in him this year ... he's been relegated to spot start status ... gotta take advantage, 'cause he's shown (once again) that he has the ability to torch when the matchup is inviting.

Boom or bust, baby! looking ahead his chances are limited to next week versus the Bucs, week 6 against the Chiefs, week 10 against Denver, and week 13 against the Saints. Most other matchups have bust written on them. It will take big cohones to bench him other weeks after his flare-ups. He is the ultimate Pepto Bismol receiver.

He should have a solid week next week and then owners might want to see what they can get in a trade.

Boom or bust, baby! looking ahead his chances are limited to next week versus the Bucs, week 6 against the Chiefs, week 10 against Denver, and week 13 against the Saints. Most other matchups have bust written on them. It will take big cohones to bench him other weeks after his flare-ups. He is the ultimate Pepto Bismol receiver. He should have a solid week next week and then owners might want to see what they can get in a trade.
I was hoping to trade him for a backup RB, but I think you're right in that it might be better idea to wait another week and hope he goes off again next week versus the Bucs.

Users who are viewing this thread