What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco 49ers 2013 thread (SEE NEW 2014 THREAD) (1 Viewer)

@mortreport: Browns did indeed make a run at Jim Harbaugh that reached a serious stage, sources confirm substance of @ProFootballTalk report.
Part of me is thinking more Parag Marathe behind all this than a rift between Baalke and Harbaugh. Maybe Gekko should pick up his Batphone and make some calls.

Reading some reaction on the net about this (Niners Nation and comment sections from other outlets), and I'm laughing at some making the choice between Harbaugh or Baalke and who should win in all this. Meaning staying or going of course. I find the side for Baalke funny. Some saying any coach can win with Baalke and this current roster.

I LOL at that, because those who think that on Niners Nation were scared at the thought of Baalke/Billick before Harbaugh was hired, a thought I brought up there and fueled much paranoia at that still very real possibility.

I posted a thought here on how the 49ers may not find very many coaches to work with Marathe/Baalke, outside of Harbaugh who had a Red Carpet for him, or an old Vet like Billick. Now after three seasons, Harbaugh is flexing his muscle - which he has every right to, bringing back respectability after the debacle of the past decade before him - with the Front Office. Funny how Jed tried to play the rumored rift between HarBaalke a few weeks back, saying how great things were between the both of them, and now is trying to put out the small fires from the latest rumors.

I always thought Baalke overrated, and given who has done more over the past three seasons as far as team impact: Harbaugh wins that one easy. He's won despite Baalke, period. Again, the 2012 and 2013 drafts and even FA (Boldin was all Harbaugh) had not produced any significant impact this season outside of Eric Reid and Bruce Miller, Miller a guy who benefited more from Harbaugh big time. Everybody knows my biggest gripe with Baalke, so I won't go there.

What the Browns were offering in this rumor gives Harbaugh all the leverage he can get. I think during the contract negotiations, Jed's gonna make sure the local media and fan blogs write even more positive spin on Baalke. It's probably one of first things on Maiocco's editorial agenda. Even though Harbaugh didn't go - CLE GM Lombardi was once rumored a choice of 49er GM because of his good buddy ties with Harbaugh - he still did Harbaugh a favor, and maybe Harbaugh used that as well. Lombardi probably still feels snubbed by the Yorks too. What a way to get back at them had CLE pulled it off.

Bottom line: there aren't a whole lotta teams willing to bet the farm with Baalke as GM, and it remains to be seen if the 49ers are willing to do that as well. But if the rumors have merit, I guess they probably are willing to bet on him. It's not like the 49ers have had any FO success over the past few decades with anybody not named Bill Walsh or John McVay. Given the York's track record with GM's, you'd have to be crapping your pants if Baalke wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to York, Cleveland called SF and made an offer for Harbaugh, which was promptly rejected. That doesn't surprise me and isn't really newsworthy if that indeed is the extent of it.

According to York, Cleveland called SF and made an offer for Harbaugh, which was promptly rejected. That doesn't surprise me and isn't really newsworthy if that indeed is the extent of it.
it also doesn't really match what he said earlier, the browns trying to trade for harbagh was not total nonsense

I agree with much of this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/york-acknowledges-browns-contacted-49ers-about-harbaugh/

the intitial denials were meant to make the entire thing seem made up, now we hear "sure, they called, but we never listened" why should we buy that? Quite frankly, why wouldn't the niners listen? What if the browns were going to offer 2 firsts? 3 firsts? There would be no reaosn not to listen.

Now maybe the niners were never serious about it, but at this point they seem to be adjusting their denials slightly, so I don;t know if any of us can have any idea what their real thoughts were or how close this came to happening. Perhaps it was way over played in the initial story, perhaps York is drastically underplaying how far it got. We can only speculate at this point.

it also doesn't really match what he said earlier, the browns trying to trade for harbagh was not total nonsenseI agree with much of this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/york-acknowledges-browns-contacted-49ers-about-harbaugh/

the intitial denials were meant to make the entire thing seem made up, now we hear "sure, they called, but we never listened" why should we buy that? Quite frankly, why wouldn't the niners listen? What if the browns were going to offer 2 firsts? 3 firsts? There would be no reaosn not to listen.

Now maybe the niners were never serious about it, but at this point they seem to be adjusting their denials slightly, so I don;t know if any of us can have any idea what their real thoughts were or how close this came to happening. Perhaps it was way over played in the initial story, perhaps York is drastically underplaying how far it got. We can only speculate at this point.
How are the denials inconsistent?I agree this is all speculation. Common sense just dictates that this trade doesn't really make sense unless there was a godfather offer on the table, and that seems to be consistent with what York is saying. But obviously we have no way of knowing for sure.

it also doesn't really match what he said earlier, the browns trying to trade for harbagh was not total nonsenseI agree with much of this:

How are the denials inconsistent?I agree this is all speculation. Common sense just dictates that this trade doesn't really make sense unless there was a godfather offer on the table, and that seems to be consistent with what York is saying. But obviously we have no way of knowing for sure.
You'd think his initial denial would have been something more like "they contacted us and we had no interest" rather than "ridiculous, complete nonsense"

the former indicates there was a conversation, the later dimsses the entire concept

did he TECHNICALLY lie, no, but the difference tone is pretty clear to me. that's why when the initital denial came out there was a bit of a twitter back and forth between PFT and someone else (rapaport maybe??) becaue the denial seemed to indicate the entire report was fabircated, when clearly it was not

that does not mean they were ever close to a trade, we don't really know that

Based on the La Canfora article it sounds as though York might be doing a bit of damage control.

You'd think his initial denial would have been something more like "they contacted us and we had no interest" rather than "ridiculous, complete nonsense"

the former indicates there was a conversation, the later dimsses the entire concept

did he TECHNICALLY lie, no, but the difference tone is pretty clear to me. that's why when the initital denial came out there was a bit of a twitter back and forth between PFT and someone else (rapaport maybe??) becaue the denial seemed to indicate the entire report was fabircated, when clearly it was not

The initial report said they were close to a deal and Harbaugh had vetoed it. If the actual truth is that the Browns called and the niners weren't interested (again, who knows), I think characterizing the initial reports as ridiculous was fair and appropriate.

The initial report said they were close to a deal and Harbaugh had vetoed it. If the actual truth is that the Browns called and the niners weren't interested (again, who knows), I think characterizing the initial reports as ridiculous was fair and appropriate.
We differ on opinion there...

It took quite a while to admit there was any contact, I am certain York would rather have never admitted that, but the story was not going away.

Jed has been trying to get ahead of the recent FO drama since before the Super Bowl by spinning a flowery relationship between Baalke and Harbaugh. Jed isn't the owner of the team. He is the president. His parents still own the 49ers. Now all you have to do is look at the track record of the York's and any FO shenanigans to understand how they do damage control there in Santa Clara.

Jed has been trying to get ahead of the recent FO drama since before the Super Bowl by spinning a flowery relationship between Baalke and Harbaugh. Jed isn't the owner of the team. He is the president. His parents still own the 49ers. Now all you have to do is look at the track record of the York's and any FO shenanigans to understand how they do damage control there in Santa Clara.
and quite frankly that is his job

I am not bashing, my only point is that we have no idea how close this was, and I don't think york's account of it means much. He'd have to say it was never close no matter how close it was, that's the job

We differ on opinion there...It took quite a while to admit there was any contact, I am certain York would rather have never admitted that, but the story was not going away.
There's a huge difference between the initial story and York's recitation of events. York admitted he doesn't like to discuss these things in the press. I'm not ruling out a cover up and the fact that SFs front office might be a mess, but I think it's as or more likely this is the product of leaks from a dysfunctional browns franchise and NFL writers faced with a slow offseason.

and quite frankly that is his job

I am not bashing, my only point is that we have no idea how close this was, and I don't think york's account of it means much. He'd have to say it was never close no matter how close it was, that's the job
And Jed has been doing that job ever since Daddy thrust him out there the day they fired Mike Nolan so he wouldn't have to face the media himself.

Tension between Harbaugh and front office continues...this is not going to end well.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/24/jim-harbaugh-tension-san-francisco-49ers/?xid=si_nfl
I saw this coming years ago. But hey, even if Harbaugh bolts, Jed still got a shiny new stadium out of it. The York's know how to screw up a good thing, and screw up a bad thing even worse. They wanted the next Bill Walsh. Even though they had him once but ignored him during his last days as a GM/Consultant. Thus, Terry Donahue.

They should give Harbaugh more power over Baalke. I don't think they will, because they are always in a state of denial in Santa Clara. I don't care either way anymore. They're the San Jose 49ers now.

Now that I'm not on my iPad (I hate typing on that ####), I wanted to discuss the draft needs, specifically my believe that interior DL is a top offseason need...again.

Last offseason we lost Ike Sopoaga and RJ Francois from the interior rotation and did not replace them. Draft picks Dial, Lemonier, and Tank are all outside and/or rush backer prospects (Lemonier). Interior DL depth was thin going into the season, and losing Ian Williams to an illegal block vs seattle really hurt. Outside guys were moved and the IInterior replacements became FA signee Glenn Dorsey and taxi players TJEddie and DeMarcus Dobbs.

Dorsey had a career season and TJE and DD played way above expected levels....and played way too much. We did not have the depth to follow The Walsh rule and rotate 8 DL-and you could see the guys get wore down at game end. Part of the Walsh Rotation was to get fresh legs out there in the 4th quarter and pressure the QB. We didnt have that. We had second tier guys playing way too much and you could see the entire defense suffer because of this. I don't think we dare rely on career years from 2nd tier players in 2014. To beat Seattle we need to shut down the run w/o our ILBs totally selling out, which we had to do this year. Can any of you recall us getting beat more by play action than this year? Simply, our ILBs had to be supermen and bail out interior.

In 2012, not starting DL played a higher percentage of snaps than SF. Last year we drafted outside guys to help, and this year lets hope (Tank) they will. This is the year we draft a top prospect to learn under our old Cowboy before he fades away. We can't keep relying on him for so many plays. A quality interior prospect saves Smith for when it really counts and gives us the depth we so sorely lack.

This improved DL also makes our non-Rogers DBs look better. A WR would be a 3/4 guy with Crab, Boldin, Patton back. S can be had in 3/4.

The mocks I've seen have Rashide Hagemen, Timmy Jernigan, or the kid from Pitt falling.

I rank the needs as DL, CB and WR. I would be surprised if these were not the 3 target in the first 61 picks.

Gregg Doyel

National Columnist

49ers hate Harbaugh because he's cocky? OK, how bout a good reason?

February 26, 2014 1:01 pm ET

The 49ers aren't sure they want to keep Jim Harbaugh. One of the best coaches in football, maybe the very best coach in football, but the 49ers apparently picked up the phone last month and listened to the Cleveland Browns discuss a trade for him. The truth behind that situation remains murky and probably always will, but what's clear is this: Harbaugh's contract is expiring after the 2015 season, and he wants an extension, and the 49ers aren't sure they want to give him what he wants. Because they aren't sure they want to keep Jim Harbaugh.

As if coaches like Jim Harbaugh grow on trees. They grow in the household of Jack and Jackie Harbaugh, where Jim and John Harbaugh were germinated and nurtured and unleashed onto the football world. John Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in football. So is Jim. It's a short list, including Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick and Nick Saban and Urban Meyer and ... that's it. Best coaches in football, at any level, is a list that starts and ends with those six guys. Maybe seven, if we include Sean Payton. Maybe we should. But that's as deep as I'm willing to go, as deep as it makes any sort of sense to go, in the discussion of the best of the best.

The 49ers have one of those guys, and aren't sure they want to keep him. Because the 49ers are that dumb. And because Jim Harbaugh is apparently that ... arrogant. Or cocky. Or stubborn. Or whatever it is that rubs so many people the wrong way in the 49ers organization.

The bombshell revelation about the Browns trying to trade for Harbaugh has shaken the 49ers' tree, and information is falling out from anonymous sources left and right that Harbaugh just isn't all that popular within the organization. The stories are in newspapers in San Francisco and in San Jose and even here at CBSSports.com, where Jason La Canfora put a tidy little bow on the situation by reporting that Harbaugh barely speaks to the general manager, has a strained relationship with the team president and "has clashed with many in the organization."

Boo freaking hoo, know what I mean?

This is where I hitch up my polyester football shorts over my belly, hunch down and play the meathead card with all sincerity: This is football, people. It's not about winning friends and influencing people. A coaching Dale Carnegie isn't walking through that door, and even if he were, the coaching Carnegie couldn't lead the 49ers from the irrelevance of Dennis Erickson and Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary into three consecutive NFC championship games.

Not sure anyone else in football, if dropped into the 49ers after their 6-10 season of 2010, could have done what Jim Harbaugh has done since then: go 36-11-1 in the regular season and reach one Super Bowl and two additional conference title games. That's why I'm not sure there's a better coach in football, at any level, though I'd listen to arguments for Pete Carroll and Belichick.

The 49ers have that guy as their coach, and they're not sure they want to keep him? Because of his personality? Listen, if we find out that Jim Harbaugh is bullying or harassing people in the organization -- and I don't mean the GM or president, but people beneath him on the power totem pole -- that's a whole different deal. I don't say that because I think it's true; I say that only to say there are limits to the idea that a winning personality doesn't matter if you're a winning football coach. It's one thing to be prickly and arrogant and stubborn, and it's another thing to be monstrous.

I guess what I'm saying is this: If Jim Harbaugh has some Richie Incognito in him, then do it, 49ers: Move on without him. Winning isn't worth that.

But that's not what we're hearing, and again, the Browns story shook the 49ers' tree. Anonymous stories are falling out about the difficulty of working with Jim Harbaugh, and what it sounds like is a whole bunch of hurt feelings in the 49ers' front office. The GM and president want to run the team. Harbaugh wants to run the team. They are clashing. Boo freaking hoo.

If I'm the owner of the 49ers, Jed York, this isn't a clash -- because the word "clash" implies a competition. The Seahawks and Broncos clashed in the Super Bowl. Duke and Syracuse clashed the other night in college basketball. Harbaugh against his GM and president? That's not Florida State vs. Auburn in the BCS title game.

That's Georgia Tech vs. Cumberland College.

And Georgia Tech won that 1916 football game 222-0.

Harbaugh vs. the front office is a blowout. Has anyone ever, and I mean ever, posited that Trent Baalke is the best GM in football? Same goes for the 49ers' president, whoever that is. Has anyone, anywhere, ever suggested that those people are the best in the world at what they do? No.

But we say that about Jim Harbaugh because he deserves it. He went to San Diego, which had been losing big, and won big. He went to Stanford. Same story. Went to 49ers. Same story. He doesn't turn programs around so much as he recreates them overnight. From loser to winner because of one man: Jim Harbaugh.

Anyone ever said that about Trent Baalke? Quick question: Who is Trent Baalke? Where was he before San Francisco? Oh, right. He was in San Francisco. He was the director of player personnel in 2008 and '09, and the VP of player personnel in 2010. The 49ers went 7-9, 8-8 and 6-10 in those three seasons. In the three seasons since? They've gone 37-11-1.

You didn't do that, Trent Baalke. Jim Harbaugh did.

And now, apparently, the 49ers are considering letting Harbaugh go after 2015? As if he's not worth whatever he's asking for? He's the third-highest paid coach not in the NFL, not in the NFC, but in the NFC West. Third of four. Who thinks that makes sense? Besides the 49ers' GM and president, I mean.

The 49ers aren't sure they want to bring back Harbaugh, but they were so sure about Aldon Smith this season that they let their linebacker play against the Colts two days after his DUI arrest, and then let Smith play the rest of the season after he came out of rehab despite facing a whole new set of charges -- felony charges -- for possessing illegal assault weapons.

Character matters in San Francisco. Unless that character isn't getting along with the GM and president. And then, well, Jim Harbaugh is expendable. Because he isn't all that good. Coaches like Jim Harbaugh, they grow on trees.

Go find another one, 49ers front office. Show us how smart you are.
http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24457619/ers-hate-harbaugh-because-hes-cocky-ok-how-bout-a-good-reason

Considering the front office failures that go all the way back to the three stooges of Carmen Policy/Dwight Clark/Vinnie Cerratto era forward to John York listening to Terry Donahue more than Bill Walsh...

Then the firing of Mooch after a playoff loss..

Then the hiring of Dennis Erickson because they had no coach in mind to replace Mooch..

To then scrapping the GM altogether and then giving Mike Nolan the keys to the team (who had no experience as a head coach, GM, or anything administration wise) .....

Then promoting ScotM from DoPP (who Nolan brought in) to GM, then ScotM having to have to fire Nolan...

Then ScotM leaving the team weeks before the draft with Baalke as a sort of interim GM with Singletary..

To then Singletary getting fired and Baalke promoted to GM for real...

Then the hiring of Harbaugh.

Even after all of the above before the bolded sentence, the 49ers FO think that any coach can win with this team.

The reality is: Harbaugh transcends the shenanigans of the 49er FO.

I don't think the power play is between Baalke and Harbaugh. Rather, I think it's more between Marathe and Harbaugh. Nolan had to hire his own FO guy to keep an eye on Marathe. Marathe is the only consistent player in the FO since the last days of Erickson. He is Jed's right hand man. The York's trust him more than anybody else. To Marathe's credit, he has done a great job structuring the books as far as contracts and such, but even so...

The 49ers hadn't won anything until Harbaugh came along..

That includes Marathe in the FO.

Madden weighed in and said if the choice for the owner was between HC Harbaugh and GM Baalke, it was easier to replace the suit. :)

Madden weighed in and said if the choice for the owner was between HC Harbaugh and GM Baalke, it was easier to replace the suit. :)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24459605/john-madden-on-jim-harbaugh-49ers-wont-find-anyone-better

Former NFL coach and broadcaster John Madden lives just outside of San Francisco, so he's had a front row seat to the ongoing drama that the 49ers have become. It's gotten so bad in the Bay Area that there could come a day where the team has to choose between coach Jim Harbaugh and general manager Trent Baalke, according to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora.

If that day comes, Madden thinks the 49ers should dump Baalke and keep Harbaugh, "It's a lot easier to get a suit than it is to get a coach," Madden told KCBS on Wednesday. "The owner has to pick the coach."

Basically, Madden doesn't think the 49ers should get rid of Harbaugh because they won't find anyone better to replace him with.

"Jim Harbaugh has done a great job of coaching in the NFL no matter how you put it," Madden said. "Getting to three championship games in a row with that group or with any group is a heck of a thing that he's done... You tell me where they're going to get a guy that's any better than him."

Madden knows something about dysfunction, he won Super Bowl XI as the coach of a Raiders team owned by Al Davis. The 77-year-old Pro Football Hall of Famer says the power plays need to stop in San Francisco.

"The best model [for running the team] is they get along," Madden said. "Eventually they have to come to a decision together. It can't be a power play. It can't be where one wants one player and one wants the other, and they have to have a power play over it. And if they do, I think the coach has to have it, because if he doesn't like the guy and if he's not going to coach him and play him, then it doesn't do any good to draft him."

Madden thinks that Harbaugh should absolutely have the final call on the 49ers roster, "When you get down to 53 [players], I think the coach has to do that. He has to decide who the players are going to be," Madden said. "The other power -- salary cap and all of that stuff -- I wouldn't want anything to do with that and I don't think coaches should."

The best organizations (ie - NE) have everybody on the same page, from the front office, coaches and scouts.

You may have alluded to it already, but by Harbaugh not playing players handpicked by Baalke (Jenkins, James, to name a few), that might have been perceived as a shot across the bow and showing him up. It is hard to think Harbaugh wouldn't play the best players, but maybe it wasn't appreciated when they rarely received any playing time at all.

Carradine and Lattimore could pay off in a big way, but I wonder if Harbaugh had final decision in the 2013 draft if he would have drafted two basically red shirt players that wouldn't contribute until 2014. They were first round talents pre-knee injuries, so maybe so?

Boldin signed a two year extension, reportedly for $12 mil (9 mil guaranteed). Good signing.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/boldin-signs-two-year-contract-extension-49ers

PFT shows a different breakdown.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/boldin-gets-6-million-per-year-deal/

Boldin gets $6 million per year on two-year deal

Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2014, 3:12 PM EST AP

Last year, the Ravens weren’t willing to pay receiver Anquan Boldin $6 million per year. The 49ers were.

The 49ers are now willing to pay him $6 million per year for each of the next two years.

Per a league source, Boldin’s two-year deal is worth $12 million. Of that amount, $5.5 million is guaranteed on signing, via a fully-guaranteed minimum base salary of $955,000 and a signing bonus of $4.545 million.

Boldin also has $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses in 2014. If he’s available for every game of the regular season, he’ll make the full $6 million.

Another $3 million in 2015 base salary is guaranteed for injury only until April 1 of 2015. At that point, it becomes fully guaranteed.

It’s a good deal for a 33-year-old receiver who has absorbed plenty of big hits over the years, especially with nearly 50 other free agents available.

The decision to agree to terms now also suggests that no one else was willing to pay much more. Otherwise, Boldin would have hit the market next week.

I think that's a fair deal for Boldin. The team couldn't afford to lose him and he would not have been nearly as valued anywhere else.

Taken from Browns thread:

Glenn Moore‏@GlennMooreCLE15m

Reports say the #Browns are "getting close" to S Donte Whitner and Bills LB Arthur Moats.

Dawson just re-signed per Matt Maiocco

Dawson agreed to a new contract with the 49ers just 90 minutes before he was scheduled to hit the free-agent market, he revealed via his verified Twitter account. The deal is a two-year contract, a source told CSNBayArea.com.

"Very excited & grateful for the opportunity to return to my team & be a part of chasing the quest for six! Go niners! #itsgood," Dawson wrote.

This is the real Adam Schefter.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter2m

Former 49ers S Donte Whitner reached agreement on a four-year, $28 million deal with the Browns, per sources.

Jacksonville traded QB Blaine Gabbert to SF for a 6th round pick, per sources.

Well then...
ESPN analyst Bill Polian, a former Colts executive, expressed doubt that Gabbert would seize the No. 2 role that Colt McCoy filled last season behind Kaepernick. I would not count on him to contribute to the squad, Polian said on ESPN :coffee:

Jonathan Martin.

Huh.

Stanford connection makes sense, you can always use OT depth...hmm. Hope he won't be a distraction.

Jonathan Martin.

Huh.

Stanford connection makes sense, you can always use OT depth...hmm. Hope he won't be a distraction.
By the time the season rolls around, don't think Martin will generate too much publicity. I like the deal for depth and if SF cuts him, no pick given. 2012 2nd rounder with two years left on his rookie contract, so cheap depth and maybe he will become a man in SF. If not, he's gone quickly........

Seems that Antoine Bethea is the replacement.
Not excited. Seemed to overpay.
Was never a huge fan of Whitner. Big hitter but not a great tackler nor coverage guy. Can't believe he rated out as the 6th best safety. What I read about Bethea (don't claim to really know his game as I don't watch many Colt games), he is better in coverage than Whitner and a surer tackler. Seems to be a good locker room guy and not prone to the stupid penalties Donte was.........

Has any 9er fans heard anything on LaMichael James? I read awhile ago that he would be shopped, is this still the case? Is it safe to assume that he is not in the plans for 2014?

I think he could be an intriguing prospect in the right spot such as the Saints and could be had for a lot less of a price than a rookie RB like Dri Archer.

Seems that Antoine Bethea is the replacement.
Not excited. Seemed to overpay.
Was never a huge fan of Whitner. Big hitter but not a great tackler nor coverage guy. Can't believe he rated out as the 6th best safety. What I read about Bethea (don't claim to really know his game as I don't watch many Colt games), he is better in coverage than Whitner and a surer tackler. Seems to be a good locker room guy and not prone to the stupid penalties Donte was.........
Seems like a marginal upgrade in coverage, at least, and I think that means the Niners got better at the position.

What do you guys think the trading for Martin says vis a vis the so-called power struggle in SF between Harbaugh and the front office?

Seems like this was a Harbaugh move all the way, no?

What do you guys think the trading for Martin says vis a vis the so-called power struggle in SF between Harbaugh and the front office?

Seems like this was a Harbaugh move all the way, no?
Well, he knows Martin from Stanford days. He was a 2nd rounder just two years ago and they got him for virtually nothing and every NFL can use OL depth. Seems like a solid move. Isn't that the kind of input a coach should have? Harbaugh doesn't have the authority to make a deal happen by himself, so there must have been some kind of mutual agreement. Hardly a power struggle.

I have no problem throwing a 6th and a 7th at Gabbert and Martin. Seems like no risk moves that could pay off to provide decent depth, and if not, it's just another camp body, which 6th and 7ths mostly are anyhow.

Still unsure about the Bethea signing, seems like we overpaid a bit on the surface, but the Safety contract numbers seem pretty inflated all around.

Reading past the first sentence down?

"Those posts don't exist. I only mentioned it here because it was widely discussed on several sport shows after the game and was widely accepted as fact, and because I'm sick of posts like yours that have no purpose other than to stir the pot."

Kids today.

The football intelligence on this board is way down. Unlike Packer, Bears, and Seahawk threads, we actually have some sharp 49er fans here...so to keep this thread fun, lets ignore trolls like Sweeney.

The football intelligence on this board is way down. Unlike Packer, Bears, and Seahawk threads, we actually have some sharp 49er fans here...so to keep this thread fun, lets ignore trolls like Sweeney.
I hardly post in those threads, much less read them.

Users who are viewing this thread