What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

salary cap IDP sleepers - players out most/all of last year (1 Viewer)

Nathan R. Jessep

Footballguy
Didn't see a "returning from injury" thread for this year, so throwing one out here.

I'm in a brutal salary cap league where salaries are based on last year's stats and need some sleepers that I can pick up on the cheap.

Already picked up Navorro Bowman

Who else ya got??

If there's any interest, I will try to keep them indexed in this post.

LB

ILB Kiko Alonso

ILB Jon Beason

ILB Navorro Bowman

OLB Zach Brown

OLB Vontaze Burfict

OLB Jadeveon Clowney

OLB Melvin Ingram

ILB Sean Lee

OLB Robert Mathis

ILB Paul Posluszny

ILB Ryan Shazier
OLB Danny Trevathan
ILB Stephen Tulloch

OLB Sean Weatherspoon

DL

DE Darnell Dockett

DE Chris Long

DB

CB Charles "Peanut" Tillman

S William Moore

S Eric Berry

Last edited by a moderator:
good call on DD

I picked up Peanut Tillman. Getting old but I think he's got a little left in the tank. Dude just has a knack for making plays.

zach brown, LB

he was hurt last year. wesley woodyard is now a rotation guy. he'll be on the inside with avery.

jeron johnson, S

he was brought over from seattle and didn't get many snaps behind the starters. Washington signed him to a decent sized contract for a mainly ST guy. he was brought in to start and they'd like him to win outright over duke inehaco.

shea mclellin, lb

'tweener who hasn't lived up to the draft spot. now he's getting a shot at ILB after struggling at DE and OLB. word is he's doing much better now than the other spots in the past. i liked christian jones last year but i haven't heard much about him in the offseason. seems to be he'll only get a chance if/when shea fails to produce at ILB.

So, salaries are 100% predicated totally on last year's production? Dunno how "sleepy" his is, but you mentioned Bowman sooooo.....

Shazier, particularly in big play leagues. Only played, like, half the games in '14 so I'd assume his salary is pretty low. He'll be playing all three downs for the Steelers and in the limited opportunities he did have last year he was blitzed frequently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several of these guys have already been drafted, some by me :D added some to the index here and keeping an eye on the others in camp battles. Thanks for the replies guys!

Jadeveon Clowney, HOU LB in big play leagues.

He hasn't done anything yet, but playing opposite JJ Watt his upside is huge if he gets 100% healthy.

Really wanted Clowney and Long but they've already been selected. Keeping an eye on Mathis. Thinking he will be a late round pickup. Thanks for the replies.

I second Tyvon Branch. The injuries we're low-risk brakes which don't have a history of repeating and that prove-it deal just screams motivation.

Mathieau is another obvious one, though I'm guessing he's picked up. Ian Williams could be promising depending on how DT's score (with justin smith gone, there is tons of potential there).

Danny Trevathan could be worth watching during the preseason to see how he fits into Wade Phillips' scheme. Brandon Marshall to a lesser extent but also coming off Lisfranc.

Users who are viewing this thread