What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saints workout Randy (1 Viewer)

Steed

Footballguy
Mike Triplett ‏ @miketripletttp Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Trying to confirm #Saints-Randy Moss workout report by local FOX 8. Makes sense if true. Wanna see what kinda shape he's in after year off?

With Colston and Meachum entering free agency the Saints need to add a wideout. If Rocket Randy still has that burst it makes a lot of sense.

Yep. Colston is likely gone. Meachem possibly, too. They need weapons. So why not try Randy out? They'll notice fairly quickly if he has lost a step or two. I wouldn't

be shocked if they tried TO out too at some point. They have plenty of time to pick over vets, and they have the draft, too.

The timing makes sense. Evaluate Moss now so you know how hard you need to go after a WR when free agency opens next week.

Even if he's lost a step Moss could be a solid replacement for Meachem. Don't like him personally but I think he definitely fits a niche in the offense.

Even if he's lost a step Moss could be a solid replacement for Meachem. Don't like him personally but I think he definitely fits a niche in the offense.
I would think he could better fit the Colston role. The most encouraging thing about this is that NO would have to quallify as a team Randy would "want" to play for.

I would think he could better fit the Colston role. The most encouraging thing about this is that NO would have to quallify as a team Randy would "want" to play for.
Moss has never been one to go over the middle or catch balls in traffic. Colston is pretty much irreplaceable by any free agent out there.

Moss has never been one to go over the middle or catch balls in traffic. Colston is pretty much irreplaceable by any free agent out there.
This has been one of the most misrepresented things out of all of them regarding Moss.

I think the combination makes a TON of sense. Brees has proven he can make any type of receiver a dangerous weapon, Moss should have some humility right now (well, as much as he's ever going to have), will come cheaply, and the Saints need to add a "discount" option at the position since they are likely losing Colston and Meachem.

This has been one of the most misrepresented things out of all of them regarding Moss.
Maybe so, but he's still not Colston. Speaking strictly about the type of player he is, not career impact.The Saints offense is pretty specialized. Colston always did the short/middle routes, Moore and Henderson the intermediate slants and curls and Meachem was the deep guy. Moss seems more apt to Meachem's job than Colston's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread