What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Grant listed as OUT in NFL Injury report...BUT (1 Viewer)

That sure looks like an error in the way they posted it on the website with every injured player listed as "out". Neither team practiced wednesday because they have the MNF game and someone probably entered it wrong. I don't know - any folks with knowledge of GB status?

NFL.com has been known to botch up their posted injury reports in prior years as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not an accurate injury report. Having all 11 injured players for the Packers listed as "OUT definitely will not play"

has got to be a mistake.

I'm just looking at "Practice Status", I think it just means he isn't practicing, he's still listed day-to-day everywhere else I look, I think he will go on Monday night.

I don't know - any folks with knowledge of GB status?
At least one of the guys listed as "out" practiced on Tuesday (Bigby). Clifton did walkthroughs. There was no practice yesterday. McCarthy had a press conference on Tuesday and discussed Grant, Hawk and others on this list and did not indicate that any of them are out.definitely a typo of some sort

I would suggest a title change to save those who might read this and not double check things.
:lmao: Although I am still continplating bench Grant for Forte, which I don't think I will do, Grant is going to probably have bad night whether he plays or not.

When you consider that Grant is still fairly unproven and that he's already banged up, Brandon Jackson sticks out as a pretty obvious breakout candidate. He's a perfect candidate for a RB5-6 spot on your roster if you can get him cheap.

When you consider that Grant is still fairly unproven and that he's already banged up, Brandon Jackson sticks out as a pretty obvious breakout candidate. He's a perfect candidate for a RB5-6 spot on your roster if you can get him cheap.
Does he have ideal BMI?

I think this is a mistake by NFL.com. I don't believe the packers list is out yet and several of these guys are almost certainly not out. http://www.packers.com/team/injury_list/
No, it's not. It clearly distinguishes Practice Status from Game Status.
So you think the statement, "Out (Definitely Will Not Play)" just refers to the practice status? That's rediculous. Its clearly a mistake.
It's listed under Practice Status. It's not a mistake.Thing is, that the message "Out (Definitely Will Not Play" is probably the only status message available for a player listed as Out... so when they set a player as Out for Practice that's the message the system outputs. It's not a mistake, they don't list it under Game Status. People just need to read the whole thing.

I think the key point here folks is that the Packers wouldn't have 11 players OUT for Week 1 and, even if they did, they wouldn't declare them all as OUT on Thursday. Let's not read into the Ryan Grant situation other than to understand he didn't practice.

:rolleyes: Grant = Over-ratedBJ = Under-rated

I think this is a mistake by NFL.com. I don't believe the packers list is out yet and several of these guys are almost certainly not out. http://www.packers.com/team/injury_list/
So you think the statement, "Out (Definitely Will Not Play)" just refers to the practice status? That's rediculous. Its clearly a mistake.
It's listed under Practice Status. It's not a mistake.Thing is, that the message "Out (Definitely Will Not Play" is probably the only status message available for a player listed as Out... so when they set a player as Out for Practice that's the message the system outputs. It's not a mistake, they don't list it under Game Status. People just need to read the whole thing.
Are you now suggesting the Packers publish an injury list every day for practice? That is rediculous. Its clearly a mistake.

Let's not read into the Ryan Grant situation other than to understand he didn't practice.
While reading into it i think most would agree that a guy who didn't practice in the preseason and hasn't practiced before their week #1 game isn't a good play this week.

No, there is clearly a "did not participate in practice" and "OUT (definitely will not play)". Either these two options are entirely redundant, or it's an error.

No, there is clearly a "did not participate in practice" and "OUT (definitely will not play)". Either these two options are entirely redundant, or it's an error.
Regardless of whether it is redundant or not, it's all listed under PRACTICE STATUS.Everything under GAME STATUS is BLANK. Hence, the Game Status is not decided yet, and the Out refers only to practice. You have to take it in the context of where it is posted, under practice status.

:goodposting: Grant = Over-ratedBJ = Under-rated
:lmao: 2nd leading rusher since he took over the job half waythough last season, and he's "fairly unproven" ?

:lmao: Grant = Over-ratedBJ = Under-rated
Couldn't disagree more, Brandon Jackson is nothing special, Grant will have the better year.

:confused: Grant = Over-ratedBJ = Under-rated
Couldn't disagree more, Brandon Jackson is nothing special, Grant will have the better year.
If i had to bet who would have a better year of course i would take Grant, but relative to the cost of the investment BJ is a FAR better buy.

If i had to bet who would have a better year of course i would take Grant, but relative to the cost of the investment BJ is a FAR better buy.
:mellow: Again...If RB #14 performs at RB #22 levels, he can help you win all season long.If RB #53 performs at RB #41 levels, he doesnt help you win all season long...That performance needs to be better then a simple cost/investment-return ratio.

typically vague comments from coach McCarthy in his post-practice press conf today:

(Are you encouraged by the way Ryan Grant has picked up after missing so much time during camp?)

Ryan just needs to get some work, get some days of work. He missed a day earlier in the week. It's good to have him out there today taking the full number of reps. It is a long week and we need to get him ready and ready to play. It's always a little concerning when you go into live action for the first time when it's for real. He's in great shape and I'm not concerned about his conditioning or anything like that. He just needs to get out there and get in some live action.
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/09/04/1/

:hophead: Grant = Over-ratedBJ = Under-rated
:blackdot: Again...If RB #14 performs at RB #22 levels, he can help you win all season long.If RB #53 performs at RB #41 levels, he doesnt help you win all season long...That performance needs to be better then a simple cost/investment-return ratio.
;)The way some people post around here reminds me of how my wife "saves us money" by spending money to buy things because they are on sale.

:) Grant = Over-ratedBJ = Under-rated
;) Again...If RB #14 performs at RB #22 levels, he can help you win all season long.If RB #53 performs at RB #41 levels, he doesnt help you win all season long...That performance needs to be better then a simple cost/investment-return ratio.
No.Ryan Grant costs a 2nd round pick, a VERY valuable pick, and he could easily under-perform (due to multiple risks that have been posted this offseason) and end up a lot less then RB #22.BJ costs a pick at the end of the draft that if you miss on basically costs you nothing, and if Ryan Grant's risks allow BJ to end up the starter he will DRASTICALLY outperform his draft slot and could help you win your league.BJ's upside is a lot better then RB #41 and Grants is a lot lower then #22, plus BJ is a free lottery ticket whereas you have to spend a lot on Grant.

:) Grant = Over-rated

BJ = Under-rated
:blackdot: Again...

If RB #14 performs at RB #22 levels, he can help you win all season long.

If RB #53 performs at RB #41 levels, he doesnt help you win all season long...

That performance needs to be better then a simple cost/investment-return ratio.
;) The way some people post around here reminds me of how my wife "saves us money" by spending money to buy things because they are on sale.
You have one of those too?Damn the luck JWB.

moderated said:
BigSteelThrill said:
moderated said:
CentralPA said:
moderated said:
EBF said:
:lmao: Grant = Over-ratedBJ = Under-rated
:lmao: Again...If RB #14 performs at RB #22 levels, he can help you win all season long.If RB #53 performs at RB #41 levels, he doesnt help you win all season long...That performance needs to be better then a simple cost/investment-return ratio.
No.Ryan Grant costs a 2nd round pick, a VERY valuable pick, and he could easily under-perform (due to multiple risks that have been posted this offseason) and end up a lot less then RB #22.BJ costs a pick at the end of the draft that if you miss on basically costs you nothing, and if Ryan Grant's risks allow BJ to end up the starter he will DRASTICALLY outperform his draft slot and could help you win your league.BJ's upside is a lot better then RB #41 and Grants is a lot lower then #22, plus BJ is a free lottery ticket whereas you have to spend a lot on Grant.
Your point above that BJ is a far better buy requires Grant to fail and Jackson to excel. If Grant doesn't fail, Jackson won't be able to reach his upside you speak of. So both things are required for your statement to be correct. That's more than just a free lottery ticket. It's essentially a prediction that Grant will fail.

Just Win Baby said:
EBF said:
Does he have ideal BMI?
:rolleyes:
:mellow:
Aren't you the guy who said Roethlisberger would never be a good FF QB?You ought to save yourself the trouble of thinking and trust my judgment. :rolleyes:

moderated said:
BigSteelThrill said:
moderated said:
CentralPA said:
moderated said:
EBF said:
:popcorn: Grant = Over-ratedBJ = Under-rated
:lmao: Again...If RB #14 performs at RB #22 levels, he can help you win all season long.If RB #53 performs at RB #41 levels, he doesnt help you win all season long...That performance needs to be better then a simple cost/investment-return ratio.
Your point above that BJ is a far better buy requires Grant to fail and Jackson to excel. If Grant doesn't fail, Jackson won't be able to reach his upside you speak of. So both things are required for your statement to be correct. That's more than just a free lottery ticket. It's essentially a prediction that Grant will fail.
BJ costs basically NOTHING. Grant costs a TON. My point doesn't require BJ to excel since he's a penny stock investment, if it totally bombs it doesn't matter, and due to Grants injury, holdout, only a half season of work at the age of 25, etc BJ is a good free roll in case Grant does bust.I can't really go wrong with Jackson, whereas those with Grant have "zero...point...zero" room for error.Enjoy Grant this year and i'll enjoy BJ, and if i get tired of BJ then i cut him and lost nothing, if you get tired of Grant...we'll then GL.

Just Win Baby said:
EBF said:
Does he have ideal BMI?
:yes:
:rolleyes:
Aren't you the guy who said Roethlisberger would never be a good FF QB?You ought to save yourself the trouble of thinking and trust my judgment. :banned:
Yes, I was down on Roethlisberger and you deserve credit for your view on him. So? Please explain what that has to do with Brandon Jackson. TIA.ETA: Didn't realize I was "the guy" - as in the only guy - who was down on Roethlisberger early.

moderated said:
BigSteelThrill said:
moderated said:
CentralPA said:
moderated said:
EBF said:
:banned: Again...If RB #14 performs at RB #22 levels, he can help you win all season long.If RB #53 performs at RB #41 levels, he doesnt help you win all season long...That performance needs to be better then a simple cost/investment-return ratio.
BJ costs basically NOTHING. Grant costs a TON. My point doesn't require BJ to excel since he's a penny stock investment, if it totally bombs it doesn't matter, and due to Grants injury, holdout, only a half season of work at the age of 25, etc BJ is a good free roll in case Grant does bust.I can't really go wrong with Jackson, whereas those with Grant have "zero...point...zero" room for error.Enjoy Grant this year and i'll enjoy BJ, and if i get tired of BJ then i cut him and lost nothing, if you get tired of Grant...we'll then GL.
Are you saying something revolutionary here? Isn't it a given that a guy you take with your last pick costs nothing if he doesn't contribute and you ultimately cut him? Isn't it a given that if a guy you take in the first couple rounds busts it hurts your team severely? So should I say that Sproles is a better value than Tomlinson using your logic?I mean, who is your second round pick? Do you have "zero...point...zero" room for error" with that pick? :yes:

Yes, I was down on Roethlisberger and you deserve credit for your view on him. So? Please explain what that has to do with Brandon Jackson. TIA.ETA: Didn't realize I was "the guy" - as in the only guy - who was down on Roethlisberger early.
Just ribbing you a bit. No harm intended.Regarding Jackson, he's a former second round pick who showed flashes last year and has drawn consistent praise this offseason for his overall improvement. Given that the Green Bay offense has shown the ability to turn a journeyman into a very good FF back and that the said journeyman is banged up and still relatively unproven, I think it's easy to understand why Jackson is a compelling pick as a bench RB. If Grant gets hurt or struggles then Jackson will be next in line to carry the ball for the Packers. He's a cheap backup who could develop into a key contributor for your FF team.

Just ribbing you a bit. No harm intended.Regarding Jackson, he's a former second round pick who showed flashes last year and has drawn consistent praise this offseason for his overall improvement. Given that the Green Bay offense has shown the ability to turn a journeyman into a very good FF back and that the said journeyman is banged up and still relatively unproven, I think it's easy to understand why Jackson is a compelling pick as a bench RB. If Grant gets hurt or struggles then Jackson will be next in line to carry the ball for the Packers. He's a cheap backup who could develop into a key contributor for your FF team.
No worries on the ribbing.Please elaborate on the "flashes" Jackson showed last year.People who are high on Jackson like to point to his performance in week 17 last year: 20/113/2 rushing and 2/22/0 receiving. Just thought I'd point out the following:1. It was against Detroit, which had the #23 rushing defense in the league.2. Detroit had nothing to play for, as they were already out of the playoffs. And the game was at Green Bay.3. Grant had 6/57/1 rushing (9.5 ypc) before leaving the game with several minutes remaining in the first quarter... so that might take some of the luster off Jackson's 5.7 ypc in that game.Others have stated that he did well in the second half of last season... but that is a misconception based upon only that same game (week 17). In the second half of the regular season last year, prior to week 17 Jackson had only 12/39/0 rushing (3.25 ypc). How about this comparison:Weeks 1-16 rushing:Grant - 182/899/7 (4.94 ypc)Wynn - 50/203/4 (4.06 ypc)Morency - 24/93/0 (3.88 ypc)Jackson - 55/154/1 (2.80 ypc)Week 17 rushing:Grant - 6/57/1 (9.50 ypc)Jackson - 20/113/2 (5.65 ypc)Morency - 5/15/0 (3.00 ypc)First playoff game rushing:Grant - 27/201/3 (7.44 ypc)Jackson - 8/34/0 (4.25 ypc)As far as I can tell, Jackson had what might be considered two good games last season, and both times (week 17 and the first playoff game), Grant performed even better.Now... there was some positive press on Jackson in preseason. Let me ask, because I don't know... how much of the positive press was while Grant wasn't signed vs. after? I have to say I haven't heard much talk about Jackson over the past month or so.I mean, he does have a great BMI... but I'm looking for a bit more at this point. :lmao:

Regarding Jackson, he's a former second round pick who showed flashes last year and has drawn consistent praise this offseason for his overall improvement.
Huh. I wrote that off as somewhat transparant teamspeak to worry Grant into showing up. Has a RB2 ever been disappointing during contract negotiations with the #1?

Yes, I was down on Roethlisberger and you deserve credit for your view on him. So? Please explain what that has to do with Brandon Jackson. TIA.

ETA: Didn't realize I was "the guy" - as in the only guy - who was down on Roethlisberger early.
No worries on the ribbing.Please elaborate on the "flashes" Jackson showed last year.

People who are high on Jackson like to point to his performance in week 17 last year: 20/113/2 rushing and 2/22/0 receiving. Just thought I'd point out the following:

1. It was against Detroit, which had the #23 rushing defense in the league.

2. Detroit had nothing to play for, as they were already out of the playoffs. And the game was at Green Bay.

3. Grant had 6/57/1 rushing (9.5 ypc) before leaving the game with several minutes remaining in the first quarter... so that might take some of the luster off Jackson's 5.7 ypc in that game.

Others have stated that he did well in the second half of last season... but that is a misconception based upon only that same game (week 17). In the second half of the regular season last year, prior to week 17 Jackson had only 12/39/0 rushing (3.25 ypc). How about this comparison:

Weeks 1-16 rushing:

Grant - 182/899/7 (4.94 ypc)

Wynn - 50/203/4 (4.06 ypc)

Morency - 24/93/0 (3.88 ypc)

Jackson - 55/154/1 (2.80 ypc)

Week 17 rushing:

Grant - 6/57/1 (9.50 ypc)

Jackson - 20/113/2 (5.65 ypc)

Morency - 5/15/0 (3.00 ypc)

First playoff game rushing:

Grant - 27/201/3 (7.44 ypc)

Jackson - 8/34/0 (4.25 ypc)

As far as I can tell, Jackson had what might be considered two good games last season, and both times (week 17 and the first playoff game), Grant performed even better.

Now... there was some positive press on Jackson in preseason. Let me ask, because I don't know... how much of the positive press was while Grant wasn't signed vs. after? I have to say I haven't heard much talk about Jackson over the past month or so.

I mean, he does have a great BMI... but I'm looking for a bit more at this point.

:lmao:
I'm not saying the guy is a future Hall of Famer, but I think it's always worth paying attention when you have a high pick backup behind a suspect starter. Grant was lights out last year. No doubt about that, but he's still largely an unknown quantity. It's not difficult to envision a scenario in which he struggles. That could open the door for Jackson, who I feel is one of the more intriguing backup RBs in the NFL at this point.When you get beyond the useful RBs who are locks to play and contribute, you look at the backups in shaky situations who excel if the starter gets hurt or falters. I think Jackson fits that description. If you don't then don't pick him.

Users who are viewing this thread