What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RUUD to play with injury (1 Viewer)

G-King

Footballguy
I am wondering about the risk and how much N.O. will keep the Tampa defense on the field? With Garcia possibly out, Tampa could struggle on offense which is a fantasy LB owners wet dream. But is Ruud a risky play? I am considering benching him for Wilhelm :tinfoilhat:

Something appears to have happened around week 7-8, a few weeks before his supposed injury, The first six weeks he had 48 solo tackles and 14 assists, the next six he had 19 and 13. In leagues with scoring of 2 points per solo and 1 for assists he averaged 18.3 points a game over the first 6 games and 5.3 over last six games (counting tackles only, ( he also had three FFs in weeks 1-6). Thats a difference of over 13 points per game, he has gone from elite to run-of-the-mill and basically unstartable.

I saw him play vs Washington a few weeks ago and felt he looked slow, slow on his feet and slow to the ball, he was a non-factor in that game. Don't know what to say to you guys but he has gone from my LB1 to LB6 (we start four) and I need that bench space for someone who might play (start 11 on Offense and 11 on Defense with only three bench spots).

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Something appears to have happened around week 7-8, a few weeks before his supposed injury, The first six weeks he had 48 solo tackles and 14 assists, the next six he had 19 and 13. In leagues with scoring of 2 points per solo and 1 for assists he averaged 18.3 points a game over the first 6 games and 5.3 over last six games (counting tackles only, ( he also had three FFs in weeks 1-6). Thats a difference of over 13 points per game, he has gone from elite to run-of-the-mill and basically unstartable.

I saw him play vs Washington a few weeks ago and felt he looked slow, slow on his feet and slow to the ball, he was a non-factor in that game. Don't know what to say to you guys but he has gone from my LB1 to LB6 (we start four) and I need that bench space for someone who might play (start 11 on Offense and 11 on Defense with only three bench spots).

Good luck!
I thought that last week vs New Orleans. I didn't record game and watch over, but it seemd like he was always late to arrive or not around the action. (I had this on one of my tv's but was not watching very close)I do beleive the Tampa Bay defense has improved and it seems like they are doing a good job of stuffing the run at the los.

In the first 6 weeks the TB defense faced an average of 31.7 rush plays and 67.7 total plays per game ... the last 6, the numbers are 25.2 rush plays and 58.5 total plays. It appears to be a combination of his play and less ops. I have other options at LB. WTS, he'll prolly blow up this week :confused:

The tackle opportunity is an issue. The Bucs are also using a lot of exotic nickel formations over the past three weeks, which have been moving Ruud well away from the action.

Users who are viewing this thread