What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rubio's Tacos - Yay or Nay? (1 Viewer)

What are your thoughts about Rubio's?

• Mana from the Gods! Freaking awesome

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • It's pretty darn good

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • It's alright

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I could take it or leave it

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Not really a huge fan

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I would sooner take a bite from the 1 cup from 2 girls than this crap

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Yesno

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!
I am curious about the FFA's take on this chain. I love the place, personally. So many great tacos - original, mango habanero mahi mahi, salsa verde shrimp, grilled tilapia, gourmet shrimp. The list goes on and on. Wife loves the grilled shrimp burrito. Good salsa bar, to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their fried fish tacos in corn tortillas are epic. The other stuff is pretty good too. And they sell beer.

When did presidential candidates start making tacos? Is this a new play for the GOP to court the hispanic vote?

i give them points for being the pioneer. these days many places do fish tacos better....still very good though

- went to undergrad in san diego (87-91). went to robertos and nicos more frequently (for carne asada)

i give them points for being the pioneer. these days many places do fish tacos better....still very good though

- went to undergrad in san diego (91). went to robertos and nicos more frequently (for carne asada)
Robertos in Leucadia and Ricos in Encinitas?

the nearest one to me is in denver i am in but this better be one hell of a taco bromigos

- went to undergrad in san diego (91). went to robertos and nicos more frequently (for carne asada)
Robertos in Leucadia and Ricos in Encinitas?
:thumbup: Lived a few miles from there in High School. Must have eaten there over a hundred times.
We likely went to the same HS then. It's actually still there. I don't believe Rico owns it anymore though.

the nearest one to me is in denver i am in but this better be one hell of a taco bromigos
You have to get a whole selection of the tacos. Get an original fish, the salsa verde shrimp and a couple of others. You can take that to the bank, brohan.

You have to get a whole selection of the tacos. Get an original fish, the salsa verde shrimp and a couple of others. You can take that to the bank, brohan.
Yeah, I've eaten at Rubio's and never had the fish tacos. The others were pretty mediocre, but certainly not worthy of scorn.

eta* What I'm trying to say is to get their specialty, which is fish tacos from what I remember.

- went to undergrad in san diego (87-91). went to robertos and nicos more frequently (for carne asada)
This. When it was only Rubio's doing fish or shrimp tacos they were awesome. Now we have places like Snapper Jack's in a few cities in So Cal that blow Rubio's away. There were the pioneer though.

Damn, I forgot about this place. For quick service mexican style restaurants that are "multi-state" chains you can't beat it. Tacos, burritos, and salsa are all better than the competition. I miss the left coast. :kicksrock:

The Baja chicken buritto is awesome. That paired with a fish taco is one heck of a good lunch.

Chicken Burrito Especial and an original fish taco.

I get two little containers of the onions and cilantro mix and three containers of that dark chipotle salsa...YUMMM!

Their chips can take a hike though...

Our preferred salsa is to take their cilantro/onions and mix it with the mild. Good stuff.

Used to hit up the Denver locations on Tuesdays for $1 Fish Tacos - they then upped them to 2. They were pretty good at first - but later they got way too soggy and seemed to taste mushy so we quit going. Flavor just turned to wet cardboard. Maybe it was just the location as you could see they had a lot of turnover.

it would be pretty hilarious if americans elected a taco joint as president we would probably have gridlock in the legislature but could you imagine how awesome tuesdays would be am i right or what brohans take that to the bank

EYLive said:
$1.50 fish tacos every Tuesday after 2:30pm, at least at my location.
Last Wednesday night at my Rubio's.

Lady in front of me to worker: Do you have Taco Tuesday?

Worker: <looking a little unsure at the question> Yes.

Lady: Great, I would like 4 of those.

Worker: <5 second pause looking around to see if he is being filmed> Um, it is Wednesday

Lady: <stares at him for 5 seconds not saying anything> It is?

Worker: Yes <nodding head>

Lady: Well I need 4 fish tacos.

Me: :lmao: It look all my restraint to not ask him for Taco Tuesday specials when I got up there.

Users who are viewing this thread