What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie Tight Ends After Gresham (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic

Footballguy
The two rooks in New England had nearly identical games the other night, although Hernandez has been targeted more. What about the kid in New Orleans?

Jimmy Graham, then Aaron Hernandez. Let someone else take Moeaki, Dickson, and Pitta. I'm speaking from a dynasty perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Hernandez NE has been running with the WR's. A WR designated a TE could be good in his rookie year.

Hernandez reminds me a lot of Marques Colston. I think he could end up being the best out of this class, simply because he'll be used more like a WR in NE. He looks more like a WR than a TE.

Are we talking redraft or dynasty?

Because I have zero interest in drafting any rook TE in a redraft.

Is Hernandez gonna get enough targets to do anything? With Moss, Welker, Tate, Edelman, all those RB's, a lot of mouths to feed
I read somewhere that Hernandez has had the most targets for NE thus far in the preseason.

Tony Meoaki (spelling?) and Fendi Onobun could both start for teams where the QBs aren't throwing to the WRs a lot.

Hernandez, Graham, and Onobun appear to have the most upside. Those are the guys I would go after.

Moeaki is okay, but I don't think his ceiling is as high as the other three. I think he's more of a Tony Scheffler type of athlete.

I can see Hernandez being used a lot like Austin Collie was last year. And being better than Collie both before and after the catch.

Collie put up 60 - 676 -7 which would have been good for TE10 last season.

Plus Hernandez is just better. I'm very bullish on him.

Hernandez is running with the 1s, I'd say the outlook is bright not only long term, but this year as well. Did anyone see that stop move he put on the linebacker during the game? Pretty good juke moves for a TE.

What about Hernandez vs. Gresham in a dynasty?
In the last 2 preseason games - Gresham & Hernandez both looked great. However, I would prefer Gresham. He looks like the real deal. I might be slightly off...but I believe he had 3 receptions in the first quarter of both of the last games. Palmer looked for him often. I think he will be the most productive rookie TE this year and from a long-term perspective as well. This year - he will benefit from allot of mismatches in the middle of the field with T.O. and 08 on the outside.

Jimmy Graham, then Aaron Hernandez. Let someone else take Moeaki, Dickson, and Pitta. I'm speaking from a dynasty perspective.
Flip Flop those two esp since JG is hurt....Hernandez looks like the real deal
That;s why Jimmy's stat line sucks so far this preseason. I was about ask what was up.So, Gronkowski, who went higher than Hernandez, IIRC, is not even in the picture?
I think both are in the picture. I like Hernandez because you can use him as a TE for fantasy football but in reality he'll be a slot receiver.

It's Moeaki easily, IMO.

NEs guys will eat into each others numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread