What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rock fans near Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

WMMR MMRBQ line ups announced

I'm proud to say that the local shots artist who will kick everything off is MY BROTHER'S BAND HUXLEY!

There's of course some lesser known guys like "disturbed" or whatever, but you can check out Huxley (they're the five piece rock band, not the single bald guy) on any music streamer.
Congrats to your brother and his band’s brave new world.

Is that the Living Colour not even featured?

Congrats to your brother and his band’s brave new world.

Is that the Living Colour not even featured?
Fourth billing if you can believe that.  After them I'm probably going to bounce, because I'm pretty sure they only let you into the pit if you buy the primo tickets for the headliners.

I'm proud to say that the local shots artist who will kick everything off is MY BROTHER'S BAND HUXLEY!

There's of course some lesser known guys like "disturbed" or whatever, but you can check out Huxley (they're the five piece rock band, not the single bald guy) on any music streamer.

That's awesome I really want to go to this As I saw The Pretty Reckless on the line up and I'm a huge Momsen fanboy. However then I saw Disturbed and wasn't as excited about the line up. Not to take this to the Political forum lets just say I'm not a big fan of Dave Draiman and he contradicts himself a lot to where he is a hypocrite. When fans called him out on it he deleted all his personal socials saying fans were "personally attacking him" and playing the victim card. Basically he just didn't like people having a different opinion then his. Use to like a lot of their music but also grew out of it too. 

Fourth billing if you can believe that.  After them I'm probably going to bounce, because I'm pretty sure they only let you into the pit if you buy the primo tickets for the headliners.

If I end up going with my buddy I'll let you know though. I'd bounce after seeing The Pretty Reckless which you should stay for because Taylor Momsen I've heard puts on a great show. 

That's awesome I really want to go to this As I saw The Pretty Reckless on the line up and I'm a huge Momsen fanboy. However then I saw Disturbed and wasn't as excited about the line up. Not to take this to the Political forum lets just say I'm not a big fan of Dave Draiman and he contradicts himself a lot to where he is a hypocrite. When fans called him out on it he deleted all his personal socials saying fans were "personally attacking him" and playing the victim card. Basically he just didn't like people having a different opinion then his. Use to like a lot of their music but also grew out of it too. 
I've never been a big Disturbed fan.  Was trying to explain who they were to my mother and kept going "oh-ah hahaha" because that's pretty much their only song.  Also you can't touch Simon and Garfunkel, so I don't know why they even tried.

Guess it just means I'll beat the traffic out before the end of the concert.

If I end up going with my buddy I'll let you know though. I'd bounce after seeing The Pretty Reckless which you should stay for because Taylor Momsen I've heard puts on a great show. 
I'll have to check them out. There's a really good chance I can introduce you to the band after their set (or at the very least the drummer haha)

I've never been a big Disturbed fan.  Was trying to explain who they were to my mother and kept going "oh-ah hahaha" because that's pretty much their only song.  Also you can't touch Simon and Garfunkel, so I don't know why they even tried.

Guess it just means I'll beat the traffic out before the end of the concert.

Yeah Id stay like I say for Momsen but after that I'd head out and beat the traffic at least. I need to see if my cousin is free for that day and what's in my expenses because I got a ton of shows next year especially Summer Kenny Chesney the 18th the Def Leppard/Joan Jett/Poison/Crue on my Birthday the 25th, Keith urban end of July (Was in my local WAWA last time here), and my First Rammstein show at the end. And thats whats already announced. 

A customer of mine is a talent buyer produces a ton of events from all over. Not just philly. Only his wife ever gets free access or ticket to anything he does but he does tell me what shows are coming he knows I'd be interested in especially ones he does. 

I'll have to check them out. There's a really good chance I can introduce you to the band after their set (or at the very least the drummer haha)

Appreciate it. Pretty Reckless are like hard rock post grunge alternative basic American rock but they are really good. Momsen played the young daughter of Mel Gibson in We Were Soldiers. Played a main role in Gossip Girls for a few seasons too. She stopped doing the show after her music career took off. 

I see Preston and Steve are still there. I wish they would trim their podcast down a little. The daily one is at least a couple hours of play time.

Appreciate it. Pretty Reckless are like hard rock post grunge alternative basic American rock but they are really good. Momsen played the young daughter of Mel Gibson in We Were Soldiers. Played a main role in Gossip Girls for a few seasons too. She stopped doing the show after her music career took off. 
And let us not forget her role in The Grinch.

I see Preston and Steve are still there. I wish they would trim their podcast down a little. The daily one is at least a couple hours of play time.
They just got inducted into the radio hall of fame. Still a pretty great morning show. I think people love them because they legitimately seem to like each other and are just themselves rather than playing characters.

Oh, and the MMRBQ typically has a lot of great acts. They have had a lot of lesser known bands come through that ended up becoming a lot bigger later. If they’re there, they have a good amount of talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Def Leppard/Joan Jett/Poison/Crue on my Birthday the 25th
Where is this happening?   Also happy birthday!

Still a pretty great morning show. I think people love them because they legitimately seem to like each other and are just themselves rather than playing characters.
They've been really great to the band as well.  Seem like genuinely great guys. 

Oh, and the MMRBQ typically has a lot of great acts. They have had a lot of lesser known bands come through that ended up becoming a lot bigger later. If they’re there, they have a good amount of talent.
Pierre Robert seems like a strange guy, asked for the band's single (Hate Me) played it on his show today without listening to it before then and when it was over responded with "that's what's cookin!"

I'm a bit of a hipster though, as I prefer their other songs like Regression, Evol, and If I Ruled The World.

Where is this happening?   Also happy birthday!

At CBP in June

They just got inducted into the radio hall of fame. Still a pretty great morning show. I think people love them because they legitimately seem to like each other and are just themselves rather than playing characters.

They team up with my company in their annual food drive. Met them on several occasions too. I remember when they were on the old Y100 station that played a lot of Punk Rock and stuff in the 90/2000s. Then that station became some crappy new school rap station like numerious other stations did. Our big rock station 94 WYSP is now our Sports Talk station WIP channel. I don't even listen to the radio anymore because most of the stuff I listen to now they don't play. If someone does have the radio on I always want Preston and Steve and WMMR. Listen to Preston and Steve in the morning before HS school. 

I also met Peirre Robert yrs ago. Cool guy and didn't realize who he was surprised what he looked liked. Use to listen to his show on the way home from school Jaxon I see is still there and I really like him as a DJ too. 

Also just found out that Halestorm is performing at BBT Pavillion next Friday and I off. They are touring with Evanescence. Haven't listen to Amy in Yrs but she looks great still 

Awesome, very cool!  Been listening to P&S for decades and have done a couple Tour De Shore bike rides with Casey and team WMMR.  I was actually at Jaxon's wedding because he married a good friend of mine from HS.  A bunch of cool, fun guys at that station.

Users who are viewing this thread