What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix Live (3 Viewers)

When the next big name sports guy gets roasted will Brady show up? And whether he does or not, will he catch a couple stray jokes thrown in his direction?

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
I like how he said he wouldn't do another one, as if anyone ever gets a 2nd roast.

For someone who studies as much as he did as a player, he sure didn't do his homework when it comes to these roasts. If anything, he got off light, since the roasters agreed not to say anything about his kids (per Nikki Glaser) and his buddy Robert Kraft only got one joke thrown his way.

Everybody keeps saying this but somewhat early somebody (either Hart or Ross) made a joke about getting rid of your wife and kids. Sure, not totally directed at the kids but of what I've watched I think it got the biggest groan because it was a little cringey.

As for Brady - I have no clue why someone would want to do one of these. Either unbelievable ego or you made some bad assumptions (that you could handle it or they would go easy on you).

And before reading the never-ending back and forth I was (and still am) confident Tom was dead serious about shutting down the Kraft jokes. As several have pointed out there's ZERO chance the other comedians don't make a bunch of jokes about that. They made stupid deflategate jokes but won't touch Kraft's happy ending*?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

*I bet Mario Cantone would.

And before reading the never-ending back and forth I was (and still am) confident Tom was dead serious about shutting down the Kraft jokes. As several have pointed out there's ZERO chance the other comedians don't make a bunch of jokes about that. They made stupid deflategate jokes but won't touch Kraft's happy ending*?? Makes no sense whatsoever
The comics have come out and admitted that Kraft was off limits.

thought the roast was awesome. tons of laughs

brady comes off bad making negative comments after the show is over. dude you agreed to do this. you get what you signed up for. if you care so much about your kids maybe dont do a live televised roast where people get paid to make fun of you and your life.

• Thanks

brady comes off bad making negative comments after the show is over. dude you agreed to do this. you get what you signed up for. if you care so much about your kids maybe dont do a live televised roast where people get paid to make fun of you and your life.
For 25 Million.

Ok, I am a Brady fan, but F him for that. Sorry, you can't be a "fan" of roasts and not expect was said - Giselle jokes especially. And I was on his side a bit and knowing that's not really anything goes. Really - you didn't expect your divorce to get brought up and your ex to get roasted? Was he honestly just expecting jokes about Deflategate and being Eli's *****? :thumbdown:
I think he's listening to advice from his family law attorney.
So, he's pulling an "aw shucks" to keep from getting sued or it hurting him in family court? Makes sense, just never thought of that.

Ol Tom's one calculating dude. Cash that $25 million check and be the center of a must see TV event (which never happens anymore). Let'em roast your baby mama and sisters, but keep the billionaire pervert safe.

And then drop the "aw shucks, I didn't know they were going to do that".

Given what a **** bird he comes off as in the aftermath, Tom Brady Roast 2.0 should be a lot better than the first one. Not that he'd agree to that. Well, unless the prices is right.

The tradition at comedy roasts is that nothing is off-limits, and the more offensive the joke, the better. And for the most part, Tom Brady was a good sport about it when he was roasted on Sunday night. But one joke appeared to genuinely get under Brady’s skin.

That was a joke at the expense of Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his 2019 arrest on misdemeanor charges of soliciting at a massage parlor.

Comedian Jeff Ross, who is notorious for his ability to offend even the most good-humored subjects at roasts, began his bit about Kraft by recalling the time that Brady, then a rookie sixth-round draft pick, told Kraft, “I’m the best decision your organization has ever made.

Ross then joked that Brady added, “Would you like a massage?”

Brady then got up out of his seat, approached Ross at the lectern, and said, “Don’t say that %^&* again.” Brady’s tone and expression suggested he was serious and didn’t consider it an appropriate topic for joking
C'mon. He was totally kidding around. There were far harsher jokes that night night, some aimed at him that were laughed off. And he wasn't being protective of Kraft. The crux of joke was about Brady asking to touch another man. He's basically saying don't call me gay again (or I'll kick your ***). He's kind of a meathead so in his old school jock mind he thought that was a good joke. I guess it wasn't because nobody got it and apparently some didn't even know he was making a joke.
I don't think it was that. People joking around about Tom's sexuality came up many more times.

The tradition at comedy roasts is that nothing is off-limits, and the more offensive the joke, the better. And for the most part, Tom Brady was a good sport about it when he was roasted on Sunday night. But one joke appeared to genuinely get under Brady’s skin.

That was a joke at the expense of Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his 2019 arrest on misdemeanor charges of soliciting at a massage parlor.

Comedian Jeff Ross, who is notorious for his ability to offend even the most good-humored subjects at roasts, began his bit about Kraft by recalling the time that Brady, then a rookie sixth-round draft pick, told Kraft, “I’m the best decision your organization has ever made.

Ross then joked that Brady added, “Would you like a massage?”

Brady then got up out of his seat, approached Ross at the lectern, and said, “Don’t say that %^&* again.” Brady’s tone and expression suggested he was serious and didn’t consider it an appropriate topic for joking
C'mon. He was totally kidding around. There were far harsher jokes that night night, some aimed at him that were laughed off. And he wasn't being protective of Kraft. The crux of joke was about Brady asking to touch another man. He's basically saying don't call me gay again (or I'll kick your ***). He's kind of a meathead so in his old school jock mind he thought that was a good joke. I guess it wasn't because nobody got it and apparently some didn't even know he was making a joke.
I don't know, I watched again this am, and the reaction after the massage joke by Ross seemed to get a reaction and Ross' reaction seemed more serious. It was a weird moment.
So you think Brady was genuinely threatening Jeff Ross for making a joke during his own roast?
I don't know, but it was weird the couple times Brady went over - one was that shot and the other was Gronk talking about his sisters.

At this point neither would surprise me - either there actually were a couple things he thought were too far (or gave as topics not to go to) or he was just messing around. Just saying I thought Ross' tone was more serious than normal when he came over. :shrug:
I don't recall watching any other roasts other than some infomercial for a video of the Rat Pack doing these way back, but some of these jokes were a bit much to be getting from friends. I get that's the thing but man.

A bizarre event but I did laugh quite a bit at the complete "over the topness". I don't know why anyone would sign up to do this outside of getting a ton of cash which Brady already has.
I think subjecting themselves to the roast actually helped the images of Sheen, Trump, and Bieber. It shows one can be a good sport and take a joke.

In fact, I can't think of any roast subject who I thought came away looking worse than going into the roast.

Yep. Until this one.

For 25 Million.

Makes him look even worse to publicly complain. Tom brady the whiner just like the nfl

• Thanks
Ross himself said he was kidding around. You really think if others made Kraft jokes that there could have been a Will Smith Oscar type moment involving Brady and a comedian? It's a roast!!
Explain why no other comedian made a happy ending Kraft joke then? It was low hanging fruit and obvious to joke about. There were plenty of other d riding and gay type of jokes thrown at Julian Edelmans way so it’s not like that was some taboo topic.
Kraft wasn't supposed to be there?

Ross himself said he was kidding around. You really think if others made Kraft jokes that there could have been a Will Smith Oscar type moment involving Brady and a comedian? It's a roast!!
Explain why no other comedian made a happy ending Kraft joke then? It was low hanging fruit and obvious to joke about. There were plenty of other d riding and gay type of jokes thrown at Julian Edelmans way so it’s not like that was some taboo topic.
Why does that matter? Giselle Bundchen and Aaron Hernandez weren’t there either.

Why does that matter? Giselle Bundchen and Aaron Hernandez weren’t there either.
Aaron was supposed to be there but he got hung up.

Aaron was supposed to be there but he got hung up.
Too soon?

I was surprised none of the roasters went after Nikki Glaser for the obvious plastic surgery she had done.
I was listening to the roast and recognized her voice, but when I looked at the screen I couldn't believe at first that it was her.

I was surprised none of the roasters went after Nikki Glaser for the obvious plastic surgery she had done.
I was listening to the roast and recognized her voice, but when I looked at the screen I couldn't believe at first that it was her.
They were probably afraid of her so they stayed away from her ire.

What plastic surgery did she have done? I didn’t really notice.

What plastic surgery did she have done? I didn’t really notice.
I'm not sure. But she looked very different from the last time I saw her and I wouldn't attribute it to aging.

Users who are viewing this thread