What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ricky's health routine this year (1 Viewer)

bcr8f

Footballguy
:sadbanana:

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams has been taking extreme pride in keeping his body healthy this year. He follows a vegetarian diet and also does daily breathing and meditation exercises. Williams goes through weekly acupuncture, massages and yoga sessions. He also takes part in pranic healing, an alternative medical treatment that originated in the Orient 4,000 years ago. 'Ricky will send me a text message saying, for example, to work on his ankle,' pranic healer Daniel O'Hara said. O'Hara will then 'visualize Ricky's ankle as if he's standing in front of me. I visualize him glowing. I make a sweeping motion over my ankle to remove the dirty energy from his ankle that's creating an abnormality and give his body fresh, revitalizing energy.' Williams has been using pranic healing since 2007 and has not ruled out playing past the 2010 season.

:mellow:

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams has been taking extreme pride in keeping his body healthy this year. He follows a vegetarian diet and also does daily breathing and meditation exercises. Williams goes through weekly acupuncture, massages and yoga sessions. He also takes part in pranic healing, an alternative medical treatment that originated in the Orient 4,000 years ago. 'Ricky will send me a text message saying, for example, to work on his ankle,' pranic healer Daniel O'Hara said. O'Hara will then 'visualize Ricky's ankle as if he's standing in front of me. I visualize him glowing. I make a sweeping motion over my ankle to remove the dirty energy from his ankle that's creating an abnormality and give his body fresh, revitalizing energy.' Williams has been using pranic healing since 2007 and has not ruled out playing past the 2010 season.
Not what he said a few months agothis guy is a flake.

:football:

Sounds like he's doing a lot of good things, and they're apparently working. Obviously the "alternative medical procedures" aren't mainstream... :shrug: I do like this comment from your profootballtalk reference:

Kill someone while DUI...12 month suspension.

Arsenal of weapons.....6 games

10 arrests.....six games

Kill some pooches....6 games

Smoke weed.....12 month suspension.

least we have our priorities straight.

Why so bitter? It wouldn't be the first time someone planned to retire and changed their minds. Did you get Ricky William'd this weekend?

:violin:

Why so bitter? It wouldn't be the first time someone planned to retire and changed their minds. Did you get Ricky William'd this weekend?
;) Signed,

Proud owner of Ricky Williams.

:unsure:

:lmao: Signed,

Proud owner of Ricky Williams.
:football: :football: Ronnie Brown owner

:)

That article was from before the season, many players feel different before a season and then during. Things are going good and he's probably very happy with the offense, his team and his role. Plus Parcells and him get along great, which was always a problem with Miami's coaches and staff previously.d

:lmao:

I don't care. If more people were like him we'd have a much safer world.

Good for Ricky Williams. No, I don't own him in any fantasy leagues but I genuinely like the guy.

He is the exact opposite of what is wrong with most sports figures. He is a team player, does whatever the team asks him to do. He is unconventional, but not in a self-serving way.

Many players use chiropractics, and acupuncture is just another discipline in this regard. He is using yoga to take care of his body. He has always been powerfully built, and it is does not seem that he has lost any strength.

I have always had compassion for him for having a social anxiety disorder in a profession that puts so many media demands on his time and wants him to be a celebrity, something he clearly has no interest. When people are interviewed who know him(Mack Brown's wife comes to mind), they always speak of him as a kind, peaceful soul. He doesn't fit the stereotype of how we view football players, and some people mock him for it.

I didn't follow him day-to-day after he left from New Orleans, but he always was known for a good work ethic when it came to football. However unconventional he was off the field, he did his job on it and did his job to prepare for it. From what I know of him, I respect him.

Good for Ricky Williams. No, I don't own him in any fantasy leagues but I genuinely like the guy. He is the exact opposite of what is wrong with most sports figures. He is a team player, does whatever the team asks him to do. He is unconventional, but not in a self-serving way.Many players use chiropractics, and acupuncture is just another discipline in this regard. He is using yoga to take care of his body. He has always been powerfully built, and it is does not seem that he has lost any strength.I have always had compassion for him for having a social anxiety disorder in a profession that puts so many media demands on his time and wants him to be a celebrity, something he clearly has no interest. When people are interviewed who know him(Mack Brown's wife comes to mind), they always speak of him as a kind, peaceful soul. He doesn't fit the stereotype of how we view football players, and some people mock him for it. I didn't follow him day-to-day after he left from New Orleans, but he always was known for a good work ethic when it came to football. However unconventional he was off the field, he did his job on it and did his job to prepare for it. From what I know of him, I respect him.
I don't support people who use illegal drugs, but for some reason, I think Ricky is just as you described him, and may be one of the most misunderstood athletes and people of his era.

Good for Ricky Williams. No, I don't own him in any fantasy leagues but I genuinely like the guy. He is the exact opposite of what is wrong with most sports figures. He is a team player, does whatever the team asks him to do. He is unconventional, but not in a self-serving way.Many players use chiropractics, and acupuncture is just another discipline in this regard. He is using yoga to take care of his body. He has always been powerfully built, and it is does not seem that he has lost any strength.I have always had compassion for him for having a social anxiety disorder in a profession that puts so many media demands on his time and wants him to be a celebrity, something he clearly has no interest. When people are interviewed who know him(Mack Brown's wife comes to mind), they always speak of him as a kind, peaceful soul. He doesn't fit the stereotype of how we view football players, and some people mock him for it. I didn't follow him day-to-day after he left from New Orleans, but he always was known for a good work ethic when it came to football. However unconventional he was off the field, he did his job on it and did his job to prepare for it. From what I know of him, I respect him.
I don't support people who use illegal drugs, but for some reason, I think Ricky is just as you described him, and may be one of the most misunderstood athletes and people of his era.
if ricky keeps this up the next few games, he'll be Comeback Player of the Year, hands down.

Nothing excuses what Ricky did to the Dolphins, particularly when it comes to using illicit substances.

With that said, it seems to me he was struggling with massive amounts of punishment to his body from two seasons he was run into the ground by the brilliant duo of Norv Turner and Dave Wannstedt behind a horrific offensive line that the brilliant duo of Dave Wannstedt and to a lesser extent Rick Spielman provided him. He was suspended for using a substance that helped his disorder like no medication could, and he retired. That brought down a much longer suspension or other disqualification. He was right to doubt Wannstedt -- he was done by the end of that season.

I think Ricky will try to figure out if there is a team out there that will use him like the Dolphins do right now. If he can find that situation, he may play a couple more years than any of us expect. He's a real threat to retire, though. He's not driven by money or fame. I think he enjoys the game, but he has other interests as well. He's a bit like Robert Smith that way.

:P The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams has been taking extreme pride in keeping his body healthy this year. He follows a vegetarian diet and also does daily breathing and meditation exercises. Williams goes through weekly acupuncture, massages and yoga sessions. He also takes part in pranic healing, an alternative medical treatment that originated in the Orient 4,000 years ago. 'Ricky will send me a text message saying, for example, to work on his ankle,' pranic healer Daniel O'Hara said. O'Hara will then 'visualize Ricky's ankle as if he's standing in front of me. I visualize him glowing. I make a sweeping motion over my ankle to remove the dirty energy from his ankle that's creating an abnormality and give his body fresh, revitalizing energy.' Williams has been using pranic healing since 2007 and has not ruled out playing past the 2010 season.
Part of me digs Ricky's back to earth roots, but at what point does he realize some of this crap is a scam. he was broke at some point, and reading above, it's no wonder why.I just "praniced" an extra 20 grand in my bank account. I'll let you guys know if that works....

Users who are viewing this thread