What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Restaurants have gotten so expensive……also recycling and phone apps (1 Viewer)

McDonald’s coming out with a $5 meal deal next month (but just for a month).

Buffalo Wild Wings promoting All You Can Eat Boneless "Wings" on M/W for $20.

Needless to say, it has a long list of rules and exceptions. But I do think fast food/fast casuals are getting the memo.
Holy smokes. I guess it's a good thing that I don't work at the office on those days, cuz there's a BWW close enough to where I work to where I'd go see how many I could handle. I love their Garlic Parmesan sauce (no other wings place does it right) and would easily down 15 of those alone. :fat:

I think they give you 10 to start + fries + veggies and then each additional order has to be 6 each and you need to be done with the first 10. And no sharing. And no take-out. And no boxes to go.

Needless to say, it has a long list of rules and exceptions. But I do think fast food/fast casuals are getting the memo.
Holy smokes. I guess it's a good thing that I don't work at the office on those days, cuz there's a BWW close enough to where I work to where I'd go see how many I could handle. I love their Garlic Parmesan sauce (no other wings place does it right) and would easily down 15 of those alone. :fat:

I think they give you 10 to start + fries + veggies and then each additional order has to be 6 each and you need to be done with the first 10. And no sharing. And no take-out. And no boxes to go.
Fine by me. Hot BBQ and Mango Hab baby!

supermarket here carries BWW sauces. i just make the wings myself and save the $50 for 12 wings.

Are they identical to the in house restaurant sauces? I find many of these restaurant grocery varieties are often much different and taste like crap i.e. don't buy Taco Bell hot sauce in your grocery aisle if you're hoping for their excellent packeted sauce. It's not even in the same ballpark.

supermarket here carries BWW sauces. i just make the wings myself and save the $50 for 12 wings.

Are they identical to the in house restaurant sauces? I find many of these restaurant grocery varieties are often much different and taste like crap i.e. don't buy Taco Bell hot sauce in your grocery aisle if you're hoping for their excellent packeted sauce. It's not even in the same ballpark.

Pretty sure b-dubs is the same because you can buy bottles in the store too. Grocery store selection is more limited though. Wish they’d put Thai curry out in the stores

Pretty sure b-dubs is the same because you can buy bottles in the store too. Grocery store selection is more limited though. Wish they’d put Thai curry out in the stores
BWW seems identical. i use the honey bbq and it’s pretty good. can’t say for sure if it’s the same, as i have no reason to actually go inside BWW.

i.e. don't buy Taco Bell hot sauce in your grocery aisle if you're hoping for their excellent packeted sauce. It's not even in the same ballpark.
Are you saying packeted Taco Bell hot sauce from the store itself is excellent?

Yep. I rarely eat Taco Bell but when I do I'm stocking up with my to-go bag. Probably my favorite condiment of all fast food restaurants given the macros.

Good to know. So many restaurants just license their name to a third party like Kraft and let them have at it (n)

Good to know. So many restaurants just license their name to a third party like Kraft and let them have at it (n)
they typically collaborate on recipe... proprietary, with the producer developing and packaging

they typically collaborate on recipe... proprietary, with the producer developing and packaging

Agreed. Just wish they'd keep it the same. Why mess with perfection other than profits and shelf life?

Like several pizza places allow a ghost kitchen to use their name to go on frozen pizzas and they are not close to the namesake at the restaurant.

i.e. don't buy Taco Bell hot sauce in your grocery aisle if you're hoping for their excellent packeted sauce. It's not even in the same ballpark.
Are you saying packeted Taco Bell hot sauce from the store itself is excellent?

Yep. I rarely eat Taco Bell but when I do I'm stocking up with my to-go bag. Probably my favorite condiment of all fast food restaurants given the macros.
I think we need a blind taste test

Huh. I feel like their fire and hot sauce bottles are close. I use it on our tacos. But I haven’t had fast food Taco Bell in over a year. Might have to do a comparison.

Huh. I feel like their fire and hot sauce bottles are close. I use it on our tacos. But I haven’t had fast food Taco Bell in over a year. Might have to do a comparison.

The bottled variety is serviceable but not nearly as good.

One trend I’ve seen in my area is most independents are charging 4% more for using a CC. Not only are they getting the worst of the food pricing, they are forced to higher bank/CC processing fees that get passed on.

One trend I’ve seen in my area is most independents are charging 4% more for using a CC. Not only are they getting the worst of the food pricing, they are forced to higher bank/CC processing fees that get passed on.
I understand why this happens, but getting one of these charges on a bill is the quickest way to lose my business forever.
Another way is to charge an adjusted menu price and then give a cash discount. Same thing but just looks better.

I understand why this happens, but getting one of these charges on a bill is the quickest way to lose my business forever.
Another way is to charge an adjusted menu price and then give a cash discount. Same thing but just looks better.
Exactly 💯

Yep seeing it everywhere in local joints.

I assume most places already just factor in a CC fee to their general prices and if you pay cash, they just make a little extra.

Wow…. Panera.

They have this “Pick Two” thing that’s like $20. I used to get the Chicken Caesar salad and the pepperoni flatbread pizza.

Well, they don’t have the flatbreads anymore. So your only options to go with the salad is a half sandwich or bowl of Mac and Cheese.

Upon learning of the flatbread being no longer served I almost cut bait and went to Chic-Fil-A but i decided to get the salad and Mac and Cheese.

Oof. The salad is about half the size it was last time I was here and the bowl of Mac and cheese was tiny.

The flatbreads were huge when they had them.

So I used to be ok paying almost $25 (with a lemonade) for the flatbread and bigger salad but this place isn’t getting another dime from me with these portions/price. What a ripoff. Thumbs WAY down.

Wow…. Panera.

They have this “Pick Two” thing that’s like $20. I used to get the Chicken Caesar salad and the pepperoni flatbread pizza.

Well, they don’t have the flatbreads anymore. So your only options to go with the salad is a half sandwich or bowl of Mac and Cheese.

Upon learning of the flatbread being no longer served I almost cut bait and went to Chic-Fil-A but i decided to get the salad and Mac and Cheese.

Oof. The salad is about half the size it was last time I was here and the bowl of Mac and cheese was tiny.

So I used to be ok paying almost $25 (with a lemonade) for the flatbread and bigger salad but this place isn’t getting another dime from me with these portions/price. What a ripoff. Thumbs WAY down.

To me, Panera is essentially paying money for hospital food. I can't think of a worse chain to eat at.

Wow…. Panera.

To me, Panera is essentially paying money for hospital food. I can't think of a worse chain to eat at.
My least favorite place to eat

Panera sucks
Honestly, when they first started the "Pick Two" deal, it was a pretty good value for a big flatbread (which was actually quite tasty) and a huge salad. I mean, I eat a lot and I could barely finish them both. Now, no flatbreads at all and the salad portion's about half of what they used to give you in the deal. No way I'm ever going back.

Wow…. Panera.

Most of these places are like that. Big Mac is downright embarrassing. There’s a half inch on all sides of the burger to the bun. Chipotle has cut their portion sizes nearly in half. Their bowl are now like a tablespoon of protein. People say prices have doubled but I think it’s more like quadrupled when you account for the half size portions. Chains are dead to me.

Wow…. Panera.

Surprisingly accurate comparison.

Panera sucks
Honestly, when they first started the "Pick Two" deal, it was a pretty good value for a big flatbread (which was actually quite tasty) and a huge salad. I mean, I eat a lot and I could barely finish them both. Now, no flatbreads at all and the salad portion's about half of what they used to give you in the deal. No way I'm ever going back.
OOH - because I had a "rewards program" linked to my email, they just sent me a survey as to how my meal was. About to empty the clip.

Wow…. Panera.

cinnamon crunch bagels by the bag and get them to go - toasted with cream cheese, it's the only thing I ever get there

i haven't been in one for a while because, while it didn't think it was bad, they would frequently put things on my sandwiches that i did not like (didn't list ingredients)... or just generally get something wrong.

dammit!! i said no mayo!!!

Wow…. Panera.

I refuse to eat at places that don't serve beer. Saves me from all this disappointment.

Wow…. Panera.

cinnamon crunch bagels by the bag and get them to go - toasted with cream cheese, it's the only thing I ever get there
I think we’ve had this conversation before but I approve

Wow…. Panera.

This seems incredible. Sure, it's bland. But sometimes a salad and soup or sandwich is fine. Especially compared to a fast food hamburger and fries. :shrug:

Place I was at today just had a sign saying basically “Hey, please pay cash if you can so we can save on the fees.”

Wow…. Panera.

This seems incredible. Sure, it's bland. But sometimes a salad and soup or sandwich is fine. Especially compared to a fast food hamburger and fries. :shrug:
For sure. But aren't there mom and pop sandwich shops that serve salads and soups and sandwiches in every town in America? I get the feast food aspect of McDonalds or Taco Bell or whatever. They are fast food and we expect sub par foods. But Panera is neither fast food, inexpensive, or any good.

Wow…. Panera.

Never eaten there

But aren't there mom and pop sandwich shops that serve salads and soups and sandwiches in every town in America?

For sure. Always prefer Mom and Pop sandwich over a chain. But that's not the discussion.

My post was a response to "I can't think of a worse chain to eat at." That seems amazing to me. I can think of many chains I'd rather not go to over Panera.

Last edited:
But aren't there mom and pop sandwich shops that serve salads and soups and sandwiches in every town in America?

For sure. Always prefer Mom and Pop sandwich over a chain.

My post was a response to "I can't think of a worse chain to eat at." That seems amazing to me. I can think of many chains I'd rather not go to over Panera.

Well Panera is the worst I've had in terms of chains. I mean even at Applebee's you can get a halfway passable burger and fries.

At Panera, your options are bad soup/sandwich and salad, with a side of chips or barely edible baguette. The soups are frozen and reheated, and you can tell. The salad has wilted lettuce and not enough dressing. It's hospital food.

Sure, in terms of calories it may be one of the better options, but in terms of quality, it's the worst out of a mostly bad bunch of chain restaurants.

Took the family out to eat a very cool brewery in Hood River after a nice hike in the Gorge. We were pretty hungry. Parking around this spot was bananas, so we had to find a spot that required payment to park, fine, whatever, I was ready to eat my hand. When we got to a table - outside seating, upstairs, dog-friendly, gorgeous views of the Gorge and Columbia River - we realized we were definitely not alone. Place was packed.

After standing in line for 30 minutes just to place an order, I was rather taken aback by the price of a giant, soft pretzel - $14. That's what my sons wanted. They were....fine. Nothing great. The entire dining experience was a big whiff, but the beer I had was delicious, so that was a plus. But man, is $14 the going rate for a big pretzel that was just ordinary? Seemed steep.

Took the family out to eat a very cool brewery in Hood River after a nice hike in the Gorge. We were pretty hungry. Parking around this spot was bananas, so we had to find a spot that required payment to park, fine, whatever, I was ready to eat my hand. When we got to a table - outside seating, upstairs, dog-friendly, gorgeous views of the Gorge and Columbia River - we realized we were definitely not alone. Place was packed.

After standing in line for 30 minutes just to place an order, I was rather taken aback by the price of a giant, soft pretzel - $14. That's what my sons wanted. They were....fine. Nothing great. The entire dining experience was a big whiff, but the beer I had was delicious, so that was a plus. But man, is $14 the going rate for a big pretzel that was just ordinary? Seemed steep.
Pfriem?

I know you know you're paying for the ambiance. Places that have great views have the luxury to charge a lot more.

Pfriem?

No, this was Ferment. It was jammed, but it was Memorial Day Weekend and the weather was perfect so I think the staff was overwhelmed. I didn't get the chicken sandwich I ordered so I can't rate it. Beer was really good.

Pfriem looked even busier. I've eaten there once and liked it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread