What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rest of Season Rankings? (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Are the ROS out there? The yellow signage on the top of the app isn’t there, which suggests it’s completed. Players like Ertz are removed yet players like Jeff Wilson are RB36 ROS.

Are the ROS out there? The yellow signage on the top of the app isn’t there, which suggests it’s completed. Players like Ertz are removed yet players like Jeff Wilson are RB36 ROS.

Think I saw a note this morning (while on a desktop) the ROS rankings at FBGs come out late afternoon on Tuesdays. If you look rn, it’s probably from WK 10 onward.

Yes. These are ready late Tuesday each week. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season

This week, we made a significant change in how they're displayed to give users better information that's more clear. Also added a Projected Games column so one can easily see how many games we expect them to play. This is of course a thing with some players having had their bye but others not. And also players who are injured and are expected to miss games.

Yes. These are ready late Tuesday each week. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season

This week, we made a significant change in how they're displayed to give users better information that's more clear. Also added a Projected Games column so one can easily see how many games we expect them to play. This is of course a thing with some players having had their bye but others not. And also players who are injured and are expected to miss games.
Link doesn't work

Not that it matters, but I don’t like the new format.

Hi @LeadoffMan what specifically would you like to see different? We're not able to make more changes for this season but always are looking for ways to improve. Please be super specific. Thanks.

If you can't see the page due to an error, please post your username here.

If you get odd results, please post your username, the name of the league in the select menu on the top of the page, and the specific result that's odd (e.g. Jonnu Smith ranked TE4).

I'll look at all of these today and get everyone's issues ironed out.

Would you be able to expand on that? It's almost identical to the previous page, except the options at the top are displayed in a more consistent way with our new website interface. If you can be specific, I can address that.

Have to say I agree.

Previous version was simple and the values were comparable to other sites out there. I'm not sure what I'm getting here and switching mid stream is making me abandon this tool.

Have to say I agree.

Previous version was simple and the values were comparable to other sites out there. I'm not sure what I'm getting here and switching mid stream is making me abandon this tool.
What you’re getting is the exact same algorithm as we use for preseason cheatsheets, just applied to rest of season numbers.

Hi @kyoun1e can you help me understand what isn't clear on https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season

It's a listing of players sorted by position with columns for how they rank overall the rest of the year, what they expect to score this week (personalized to your scoring system), how many points we project them score the rest of this year (again, personalized for your scoring system) and then how many games we project to play.

The players in your league can be highlighted in yellow and also the free agents in your league can be highlighted in blue so it's super easy and fast to see what your personal waiver wire looks like.

Here's a screenshot https://imgur.com/a/rmCCWgw

We also added additional functionality for this page so you can sort by each column which folks had asked for.

A big thing we upgraded was the instant viewing of the position. On the old page, you had to select the position you wanted and then also click the "view the rankings" button which was an antiquated way to get to the info you wanted and required an additional click.

I know that mid season changes are not ideal.

Let me say though as the person who knows how the last one was working and how this new one works: it’s a change that’s worth doing mid season.

We endeavoured to keep full support for everything the old one has, less the “value” column which wasn’t displaying numbers we felt were actionable.

We also added a ton of new stuff and cleaned up the page a ton. For instance the scoring this new one supports is as advanced as the Draft Dominator.

I know this new one is better, but I also know it’s a big ask on you guys to switch mid season. Let’s talk! Any concerns you have post them here and today and tomorrow I’ll be working on ironing out the kinks in this page and making sure everyone is comfortable with it.

Any chance the same functionality (league sync with my team/available highlights) can be added to the weekly player projections? Or is that a completely different architecture under the hood that prevents that?

Thanks Folks. Simon is working on this and we may be back and forth a bit today between the two versions as we hammer it out. Apologies for the disruption. We're trying to make this best we can for you. Thanks for being patient with us.

Rest of Season rankings have been a mess all season. Used to be bulletproof and one of the things I relied on here. Now, half the time it doesn't show all the players or the order is out whack......something always seems to not be working.

Rest of Season rankings have been a mess all season. Used to be bulletproof and one of the things I relied on here. Now, half the time it doesn't show all the players or the order is out whack......something always seems to not be working.
I agree with this. Some values are really questionable. For instance....Aiyuk as #12 WR overall going forward?

I can see the page but rankings are screwy. For example, starting at QB17 all are backups. Sam Howell is 17, Foles 18, etc. Accessing through Safari on iPhone 13 pro max.

I can see the page but rankings are screwy. For example, starting at QB17 all are backups. Sam Howell is 17, Foles 18, etc. Accessing through Safari on iPhone 13 pro max.
This is exactly what I am talking about. Shows this on my laptop all the time. Not a phone issue. It cannot be trusted. No offense to Joe and the staff, but another reason why this is going to be my last year. The content and reliability just isn't there.

This is exactly what I am talking about. Shows this on my laptop all the time. Not a phone issue. It cannot be trusted. No offense to Joe and the staff, but another reason why this is going to be my last year. The content and reliability just isn't there.
Same here. Ranking makes no sense ROS. Tre Lance is QB 56 with zero projected points
Wilson, Pickett, Rodgers and Kyler are ranked 110-113.

This is my favorite piece that really helps me evaluate trades however I agree it’s all over the place. Most other sites have their lists out early Tuesday to help make trades prior to waivers.

I’ll check at one point someone I have is WR18, half hour later he’s WR22 then 28. They never settle.

So at around midday today, we reverted to the previous version because the new page had some issues for some users. As of about 10 minutes ago, we are now back onto the new page for good this time.

All the comments since my last post are therefore about the old previous version and exactly why we have built this new one! If you have had issues today, please try it again now!

New version (better!): www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season
For those who prefer it, I am keeping the old version alive here: www.footballguys.com/rankings-rest-of-season-legacy

I am here all day tomorrow to engage with anyone who wants to discuss this page and any issues you have with it.

The rankings will include all players, and will not flip around over refreshes.

Thanks for everyone's patience! This new page is a big upgrade. Any issues from here are very likely to be league-specific so remember to post your username, the name of the league, and the specific issue (e.g. "Brandon Aiyuk is ranked too high at #2").

This is my favorite piece that really helps me evaluate trades however I agree it’s all over the place. Most other sites have their lists out early Tuesday to help make trades prior to waivers.

I’ll check at one point someone I have is WR18, half hour later he’s WR22 then 28. They never settle.

We always have released our rankings on Tuesdays. Bob (Henry) is awesome at getting a set in usually Tuesday morning and then finessing through the day with updates from MNF etc. The other issues you post are sorted by the new page.

To get you guys reliability is exactly why I wanted to do this release mid-season, bringing it forward from a whole set of site upgrades we have planned for the offseason. Just yanking a subsection of that code out to publish now has meant this release was rockier than I wanted, and I apologize for that. But when I started working on the site two years ago, I 100% saw what you're saying here with regards to reliability of some of the tech algorithms. We've worked super hard on this and this has been a real focus point for us. Especially with getting all our lists to sing from the same hymn sheet. Bringing the rest of season rankings into the same algorithm as the preseason cheatsheets we think is a big upgrade.

Last edited:
So for a CBS league Ive linked onto the FBG, the rest of season rankings have Taysom Hill as the #1 ranked player overall, and Jonnu Smith as #9 overall (TE4). Guessing there’s still some bugs in this algo.

Plus I agree with others that the trade value number in the old version across positions was a useful tool just as a rough gauge to make sure you weren’t destroying yourself in a trade. Would love to have that back.

Hi all - I can’t help with league specific issues unless you post your username and the name of the league.

Please post:
  1. Footballguys username
  2. The name of the league
  3. The specific issue you have (e.g. Taysom Hill TE1)
For the standard PPR league and all the leagues on my account, I can't replicate any of the issues you guys have posted, so I would love to get some usernames and league names so I can look into this - this morning - and fix any issues.

Thanks!

Plus I agree with others that the trade value number in the old version across positions was a useful tool just as a rough gauge to make sure you weren’t destroying yourself in a trade. Would love to have that back.

This wasn't designed to be used to calculate trades; it was a valuation used to rank players in a numeric list, but it wasn't the case that it accounted for things like the cost of a roster spot. This was a little unclear and we decided that the best thing to do, at least in the short term, would be to remove it. I will for sure add to our list to try to get that back in for next year.

Hi all - I can’t help with league specific issues unless you post your username and the name of the league.

Please post:
  1. Footballguys username
For the standard PPR league and all the leagues on my account, I can't replicate any of the issues you guys have posted, so I would love to get some usernames and league names so I can look into this - this morning - and fix any issues.

Thanks!
Sent PM @Simon Shepherd

The link is working for me. Not a huge deal to me, but the scoring is odd on TD & PK fields.

1. MrJimiT
2. IMRA 2022
3. TD & PK scores are sometimes negative values or very low

Thanks!

I'm seeing odd results in TD and PK as well.

1. Ackster
2. Buffalo Pro H2H Points PPR League
3. TD & PK odd values and rankings

Not seeing the same issue in another sync'd league - LTAC Fun Fantasy - But not sure I agree with the ranking there :wink:

edit: FWIW; the Buffalo league is a automated PPR on ESPN. The LTAC one is hosted on Yahoo and we monkeyed around with the scoring a bit on that one.

Last edited:
I know that mid season changes are not ideal.

Let me say though as the person who knows how the last one was working and how this new one works: it’s a change that’s worth doing mid season.

We endeavoured to keep full support for everything the old one has, less the “value” column which wasn’t displaying numbers we felt were actionable.

We also added a ton of new stuff and cleaned up the page a ton. For instance the scoring this new one supports is as advanced as the Draft Dominator.

I know this new one is better, but I also know it’s a big ask on you guys to switch mid season. Let’s talk! Any concerns you have post them here and today and tomorrow I’ll be working on ironing out the kinks in this page and making sure everyone is comfortable with it.
Actually, I found the Value column useful, as a substitute for a Trade Value Chart.

I've fixed an issue related to rushing/receiving/passing bonuses for players with low projections, who would never hit the bonuses.

Examples were Brandon Aiyuk rushing, Taysom Hill passing etc. Those kind of players. And only in leagues that have specific types of yardage bonuses for rushing, passing, etc.

The fix is now on production.

The only outstanding issue I'm aware of relates to PK and DEF scoring in some leagues.

If you are seeing any other issues please post:
  1. Footballguys username

You don't need to enter a league. Right now, TE rest of season rankings for PPR....

Dalton Shutlz reads as TE #6, but has a value of 1.34 and is listed as player 177 overall. TE 5,6,7 and 8 are way out of order. I'm sorry, but it's useless.

You can go to FFToday and see that ranking on Tuesday morning for free.

On a side note..... Baltimore team defense is ranked 15th?

I've seen them anywhere from #1 to 7th elsewhere. During the bye week I tried to work a package in which I would send my Pats for his Ravens, got turned down. Big fan esp with Smith on the 2nd level now.

Users who are viewing this thread