What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Remember when, around a year ago, a lot of people complained that this forum skewed left? (1 Viewer)

I think most everyone agreed the talk was much more the forum leaned "Anti Trump" than it did "Left". Those are not the same thing.
Agreed.   There is no doubt this board was/is heavily slanted anti-Trump, but I've never felt the board was as equally "left".

and there is the first one...don't contribute.  Just make some nonsense talking points, make fun of people and leave.
and there are those who just regurgitate MSM talking points, retweet other people's opinions, make fun of people, and stick around to count their kudos emojis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve started to rethink my involvement in the PSF because it appears that there is more interest in trading insults and zingers than legitimate discussions of policy and politics. Or when there is legitimate discussion of policy and politics, it is still laced with a healthy dose of ugliness. I think the universe of folks who continue to be interested in those kinds of exchanges is more limited than the broader audience who used to frequent those discussions. 
That's my fear as well. 

This type of thread started with the "See I told you so / let me try to get folks in a gotcha" thing seems to be way more common now. And little value. 

Gee, a lot of people seem to disagree with me about this. In fact they’re dominating the thread. 
From what I remember, there was a small number of people who complained about this place skewing far left/liberal/democrat. I think this observation was mostly made by the small number of Trump supporters, or those who didn't necessarily support Trump yet defended a lot of Trump stuff. Dozens of people then regularly countered that argument by saying we shouldn't confuse an anti-Trump skewness with a far left skewness; that much of the anti-Trump discussion was actually coming from conservatives.

From what I remember, there was a small number of people who complained about this place skewing far left/liberal/democrat. I think this observation was mostly made by the small number of Trump supporters, or those who didn't necessarily support Trump yet defended a lot of Trump stuff. Dozens of people then regularly countered that argument by saying we shouldn't confuse an anti-Trump skewness with a far left skewness; that much of the anti-Trump discussion was actually coming from conservatives.
An Anti-Trump thread lasted 4 years and 2380 pages.  A similar thread for Biden was closed in 16 days.  

An Anti-Trump thread lasted 4 years and 2380 pages.  A similar thread for Biden was closed in 16 days.  
That's true and that's on me. I disliked how the Trump thread went on and on and I should have killed it early. That was my mistake. Once the Biden thread started for the exact same reason, I killed them both. 

I'm assuming you meant me.

I repeatedly posted facts that the approval rating for Donald Trump on the message board was dramatically less than his approval rating in national polls. I backed it with actual poll results.  

I think most everyone agreed the talk was much more the forum leaned "Anti Trump" than it did "Left". Those are not the same thing. 

Please don't put words in my mouth. 
No offense intended. 

No offense intended. 
I didn't say you intended to offend. I said don't put words in my mouth. Use a real quote if you want to comment on something I said. 

I repeatedly posted facts that the approval rating for Donald Trump on the message board was dramatically less than his approval rating in national polls. I backed it with actual poll results.  

I didn't say you intended to offend. I said don't put words in my mouth. Use a real quote if you want to comment on something I said. 

You’re correct and I apologize for misquoting you. 
I should note that there were several people here who did in fact argue that this forum leaned “left” and attempted to use your arguments as evidence. They were mistaken to do so, but that didn’t stop them. 

Forum was and is definitely Anti-Trump.  I think we’ve moved a little left over my 15 years but not like some claim.  This in a nutshell is the problem with the modern GOP - too many on both sides are obsessed with Trump.

I’ve started to rethink my involvement in the PSF because it appears that there is more interest in trading insults and zingers than legitimate discussions of policy and politics. Or when there is legitimate discussion of policy and politics, it is still laced with a healthy dose of ugliness. I think the universe of folks who continue to be interested in those kinds of exchanges is more limited than the broader audience who used to frequent those discussions. 
I was pretty proud of this one.       :kicksrock:

I don’t have a problem with people who are left or right, but the psychos are out in full force. Blood and Soil Runner has been spewing hate speech and false flags for months without any evidence of pushback. 
You talking about me?  It's like you've proved our point without even thinking about it.  :shrug:

And what is this "hate speech" and "false flags" you're taking about?  I'd like to this evidence.  I'm guessing you're referring to people with a differing opinion?  That's always the case when claims like this are made.

It's like you've proved our point without even thinking about it.  :shrug:

And what is this "hate speech" and "false flags" you're taking about?  I'd like to this evidence.
I’ve reported countless posts of yours - the mods can recount them for you if you’d like.  I don’t have time to compile all of them.  You can start with your entire inane argument that giving minorities equal rights will lead them to overthrowing the whites in power and America will become South Africa. 

I’ve reported countless posts of yours - the mods can recount them for you if you’d like.  I don’t have time to compile all of them.  You can start with your entire inane argument that giving minorities equal rights will lead them to overthrowing the whites in power and America will become South Africa. 
Yeah, that's not hate speech.  That's pointing to a direct example that's happening today - in 2021.

See?  You've proven the point that the left is simply intolerant of opposing views so you consider it "hate speech".  This is the "cancel culture" and "wokeness" that has overtaken you guys. 

You don't like what I have to say - so you report me?  Wow.  I'll bookmark this post when someone says that cancel culture isn't a thing.

Yeah, that's not hate speech.  That's pointing to a direct example that's happening today - in 2021.

See?  You've proven the point that the left is simply intolerant of opposing views so you consider it "hate speech".  This is the "cancel culture" and "wokeness" that has overtaken you guys. 

You don't like what I have to say - so you report me?  Wow.  I'll bookmark this post when someone says that cancel culture isn't a thing.
Found one for you. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/795818-mlb-moves-all-star-game-in-response-to-ga-voter-laws/?do=findComment&comment=23332761

I mean, seriously.  Good God:

”The race game is about power, payback and revenge.  Ultimately when the race-hustlers get what they want, those same white people won't be useful anymore as they won't be needed.  Then you get thrown into the pot with all the other "bad guys".”

Wasn't the start of the subforum around the same time as Trump's rise to political relevance? If so, that could explain some of the confusion between degrees of left/liberal as opposed to just being anti-Trump. Anecdotally, I don't post here too much and I am certainly not a liberal or even a Democrat but I was labeled a liberal or left on multiple occasions these past few years. I imagine that goes both ways.

Sure it is. You’re the type who says incendiary racist things and when you get called on it you say “hey, I’m just asking questions.”
That's not racist nor is it hate speech.  I think you're just an overly sensitive person with a lefty totalitarian streak.  Now, the scary thing, is that we have people exactly like you in power.

And falling back to the default accusation (RACIST!) when people don't think like you is no way to convince people that you're right.

Also, unlike you, I would sit down with anyone in this forum and have a beer with them and call them "friend".  And that includes, @timschochet, @tommyGunZ, @dozer, @squistion and @sho nuff to name a few.  I don't let words hurt me.

Wait- you actually wrote that? Damn. You might want to retract that one, just saying. 
Negative.  I appreciate the response, but I stand behind what I posted which is neither racist nor hateful.  It simply pointing out a real-world example.  :shrug:

Feel free to report me like @bigmarc27 did if you got hurt by my words too.  ;)

I sadly wasn’t embellishing. 
Uhm, not only were you embellishing what I posted you were over-reacting as well.  Get a grip, my friend.  Not everyone thinks like you.  You should know that by now.

Also, don't think that I don't know what you're doing because Joe popped in here.  It's obvious as night and day.

Found one for you. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/795818-mlb-moves-all-star-game-in-response-to-ga-voter-laws/?do=findComment&comment=23332761

”The race game is about power, payback and revenge.  Ultimately when the race-hustlers get what they want, those same white people won't be useful anymore as they won't be needed.  Then you get thrown into the pot with all the other "bad guys".”
Mind blowing what is tolerated in here compared to what they hand out months long suspensions for.

I would agree & based on your posts you lean left but refrain from the mud with good comments.  appreciate your contributions.

He's not, but his statement is a joke. This place would never tolerate the blatant bigotry, misogyny and all-around nastiness that festers there. Thank God. 
I know Joe doesn’t love talk about other sites but that place is unreal.  Granted I don’t frequent the Reddit’s, 4/8chans of the world but that unnamed site over there is brutal to read.*

*and that has nothing to do with its political leanings.  

This is the current BLM demands.  Complete power hungry crackpots, but yet to criticize these race-baiters it is deemed hate speech by posters here.  

BLM’s 7 Demands

1. Convict and ban Trump from future political office:

We are joining Rep. Ilhan Omar, Rep. Ayanna Pressley, Rep. Cori Bush, Rep. Jamaal Bowman, and others who are demanding Trump be immediately convicted in the United States Senate. Trump must also be banned from holding elected office in the future. Call your members of Congress and demand they support conviction by dialing (202) 224-3121.

2. Expel Republican members of Congress who attempted to overturn the election and incited a white supremacist attack:

More than half the Republican representatives and multiple senators stoked Trump’s conspiracy theories and encouraged the white supremacists to take action to overturn the election. We are supporting Rep. Cori Bush’s resolution to expel them from Congress for their dangerous and traitorous actions. We also support steps to bar them from seeking another office.

3. Launch a full investigation into the ties between white supremacy and the Capitol Police, law enforcement, and the military:

The Capitol was able to be breached and overrun by white supremacists attempting to disrupt a political process that is fundamental to our democracy. We know that police departments have been a safe haven for white supremacists to hide malintent behind a badge, because the badge was created for that purpose. We also know off-duty cops and military were among the mob at the Capitol on January 6th. Guilty parties need to be held accountable and fired. We are supporting Rep. Jamaal Bowman’s COUP Act to investigate these connections.

4. Permanently ban Trump from all digital media platforms:

Trump has always used his digital media platforms recklessly and irresponsibly to spread lies and disinformation. Now it is clearer than ever that his digital media is also used to incite violence and promote its continuation. He must be stopped from encouraging his mob and further endangering our communities, even after inauguration.

5. Defund the police:

The police that met our BLM protestors this summer with assault rifles, teargas, and military-grade protective gear were the same police that, on Wednesday, met white supremacists with patience and the benefit of the doubt, going so far as to pose for selfies with rioters. The contrast was jarring, but not for Black people. We have always known who the police truly protect and serve. D.C. has the most police per capita in the country; more funding is not the solution.

6. Don’t let the coup be used as an excuse to crack down on our movement:

In response to the coup, Politicians have already introduced the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2021. We’ve seen this playbook before. These laws are used to target Black and brown communities for heightened surveillance. Republicans are already busy trying to create an equivalence between the mob on January 6th and our Freedom Summer. We don’t need new domestic terror laws, facial recognition, or any other new police power for the state. Our government should protect righteous protest and stay focused on the real issue: rooting out white supremacy. There are enough laws, resources, and intelligence, but they were not used to stop the coup. Our elected officials must uncover why.

7. Pass the BREATHE Act:

The police were born out of slave patrols. We cannot reform an institution built upon white supremacy. We need a new, radical approach to public safety and community investment. President Biden has already drawn on the BREATHE Act in his executive actions calling for racial equity screens in federal programs, investing in environmental justice at historic levels, and engaging with system-impacted communities. The BREATHE Act paints a vision of a world where Black lives matter through investments in housing, education, health, and environmental justice.

Found one for you. 

Thank you for calling out that garbage.

I know Joe doesn’t love talk about other sites but that place is unreal.  Granted I don’t frequent the Reddit’s, 4/8chans of the world but that unnamed site over there is brutal to read.*

*and that has nothing to do with its political leanings.  
Boy, I’ll say!  Wait, I post there regularly$#@!  Different strokes for different folks.  For instance, nobody there has ever proudly boasted about reporting posts because they disagree with them, like I’ve seen in this very thread.  That tends to have the effect of leading to a certain homogeneity of thought.  And for the record, IMO posts questioning the motivations of racial policies are not racist per se.

In general I do enjoy the discussion here though, as I tend conservative and don’t think Trump is Hitler and Mussolini’s love child, and I appreciate the different perspectives.

You’re correct and I apologize for misquoting you. 
I should note that there were several people here who did in fact argue that this forum leaned “left” and attempted to use your arguments as evidence. They were mistaken to do so, but that didn’t stop them. 
Use a real quote if you want to comment on something people have said.

Boy, I’ll say!  Wait, I post there regularly$#@!  Different strokes for different folks.  For instance, nobody there has ever proudly boasted about reporting posts because they disagree with them, like I’ve seen in this very thread.  That tends to have the effect of leading to a certain homogeneity of thought.  And for the record, IMO posts questioning the motivations of racial policies are not racist per se.

In general I do enjoy the discussion here though, as I tend conservative and don’t think Trump is Hitler and Mussolini’s love child, and I appreciate the different perspectives.
Yeah I’m not at all a fan of the reporting thing either (have never and will never report someone) but the internet tough guy and jr high level insulting gets super tiresome. 

This is the current BLM demands.  Complete power hungry crackpots, but yet to criticize these race-baiters it is deemed hate speech by posters here.  

BLM’s 7 Demands

1. Convict and ban Trump from future political office:

We are joining Rep. Ilhan Omar, Rep. Ayanna Pressley, Rep. Cori Bush, Rep. Jamaal Bowman, and others who are demanding Trump be immediately convicted in the United States Senate. Trump must also be banned from holding elected office in the future. Call your members of Congress and demand they support conviction by dialing (202) 224-3121.

2. Expel Republican members of Congress who attempted to overturn the election and incited a white supremacist attack:

More than half the Republican representatives and multiple senators stoked Trump’s conspiracy theories and encouraged the white supremacists to take action to overturn the election. We are supporting Rep. Cori Bush’s resolution to expel them from Congress for their dangerous and traitorous actions. We also support steps to bar them from seeking another office.

3. Launch a full investigation into the ties between white supremacy and the Capitol Police, law enforcement, and the military:

The Capitol was able to be breached and overrun by white supremacists attempting to disrupt a political process that is fundamental to our democracy. We know that police departments have been a safe haven for white supremacists to hide malintent behind a badge, because the badge was created for that purpose. We also know off-duty cops and military were among the mob at the Capitol on January 6th. Guilty parties need to be held accountable and fired. We are supporting Rep. Jamaal Bowman’s COUP Act to investigate these connections.

4. Permanently ban Trump from all digital media platforms:

Trump has always used his digital media platforms recklessly and irresponsibly to spread lies and disinformation. Now it is clearer than ever that his digital media is also used to incite violence and promote its continuation. He must be stopped from encouraging his mob and further endangering our communities, even after inauguration.

5. Defund the police:

The police that met our BLM protestors this summer with assault rifles, teargas, and military-grade protective gear were the same police that, on Wednesday, met white supremacists with patience and the benefit of the doubt, going so far as to pose for selfies with rioters. The contrast was jarring, but not for Black people. We have always known who the police truly protect and serve. D.C. has the most police per capita in the country; more funding is not the solution.

6. Don’t let the coup be used as an excuse to crack down on our movement:

In response to the coup, Politicians have already introduced the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2021. We’ve seen this playbook before. These laws are used to target Black and brown communities for heightened surveillance. Republicans are already busy trying to create an equivalence between the mob on January 6th and our Freedom Summer. We don’t need new domestic terror laws, facial recognition, or any other new police power for the state. Our government should protect righteous protest and stay focused on the real issue: rooting out white supremacy. There are enough laws, resources, and intelligence, but they were not used to stop the coup. Our elected officials must uncover why.

7. Pass the BREATHE Act:

The police were born out of slave patrols. We cannot reform an institution built upon white supremacy. We need a new, radical approach to public safety and community investment. President Biden has already drawn on the BREATHE Act in his executive actions calling for racial equity screens in federal programs, investing in environmental justice at historic levels, and engaging with system-impacted communities. The BREATHE Act paints a vision of a world where Black lives matter through investments in housing, education, health, and environmental justice.
Yep. Question this and guys like @bigmarc27 , @dozer and @Navin Johnson call you racist and a purveyor of hate-speech as they clutch their pearls.

And they prove EXACTLY the point we're trying to make.  It's absurd, isn't it?   It's mind boggling that they think that was hate speech and racist, but that goes to the heart of the matter where they want to shut down ALL dissenting or questioning thought.  

Yeah I’m not at all a fan of the reporting thing either (have never and will never report someone) but the internet tough guy and jr high level insulting gets super tiresome. 
I see pure hate speech, I hit report.  He’s still here, so I guess what he says is aok for those in charge. 

I see pure hate speech, I hit report.  He’s still here, so I guess what he says is aok for those in charge. 
You clearly don't know what "hate speech" or "racism" means.  You think it's a weapon to be used for those don't think like you.   Pro-tip:  It's not.

Posters like you are why we have such a problem with race in the USA today.  You're can't or won't tolerate dissenting thought.  That's scary.

Whatever you wish to label it, this forum is very supportive or at least very sympathetic to BLM and very unsympathetic to right-wing groups (gun rights advocates, anti-abortion,  border security).  There is some degree of support for fiscal conservatism, but that is about this.  This forum still tilts very heavily left on the social justice front.  I am not sure why that is even a controversial suggestion. 

Users who are viewing this thread