What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft Keeper (3) - Who to keep? (1 Viewer)

bfan85

Footballguy
12 team PPR redraft, keep 3. Keepers count at the END of the draft (so, don't cost higher draft slots). 

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB/WR), 1 PK, 1 DST

I won the league last year, so will be drafting at 1.12 and 2.01 (snake-style draft). I have an embarrassment of riches. Here are my options (removing the cruft):

Jared Goff
Deshawn Watson
Kareem Hunt
Melvin Gordon
Michael Thomas

UPDATE: I've decided to keep Hunt, Gordon, and Thomas. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, I would easily keep Hunt, Gordon, and Thomas. No contest. If the target QBs are going to be gone by the time you pick at 3.12, take the QB you really want at 2.01. Send the rest of your league into a panic about Qbs going early. Whatever WR you can grab at the 1.12, then QB or TE with the 2.01. By the 2nd round you have two RB1s, two WR1s, and a Qb1 or Gronk/Kelce/Ertz. 

Considering Hunt, Gordon, and Thomas to be in the top 15 overall for PPR I think the risk of losing one of them in the first round trumps not having Watson. Someone will value one of those three very high, and you may not get a shot at them by the 1.12. Watson at the 2.01 or 3.12 is much more feasible. But then again this is coming from a guy with Luck, Rivers, and Tyrod as his qbs. 

That does make sense...thanks for the feedback. I guess I'm still wide-eyed remembering the weeks Watson gave me last year before going down - he won games for me, for sure. Last year there were 7 QBs gone by the end of the first round (mostly all keepers), so I'd be looking at someone similar if I waited this year. QB6-8, most likely.

But you're probably right...Having Hunt, Gordon, and Thomas will be formidable right off the bat.

For me, I would easily keep Hunt, Gordon, and Thomas. No contest. If the target QBs are going to be gone by the time you pick at 3.12, take the QB you really want at 2.01. Send the rest of your league into a panic about Qbs going early. Whatever WR you can grab at the 1.12, then QB or TE with the 2.01. By the 2nd round you have two RB1s, two WR1s, and a Qb1 or Gronk/Kelce/Ertz. 

Considering Hunt, Gordon, and Thomas to be in the top 15 overall for PPR I think the risk of losing one of them in the first round trumps not having Watson. Someone will value one of those three very high, and you may not get a shot at them by the 1.12. Watson at the 2.01 or 3.12 is much more feasible. But then again this is coming from a guy with Luck, Rivers, and Tyrod as his qbs. 
Agreed, keep the non-QBs. Watson has the greatest likelihood to fall to 1.12/2.01 if you want him. 

THIS.

I can't see any reason to keep a QB with those 3 non QB's anchoring your team. Stack your base players with another WR and a top 3 TE at the turn and worry about a QB later. There is going to be a lot of QB's you can draft later that can give you a good return. In particular I'd look at Mahomes, Rivers, Jimmy G and Keenum later in your draft and then maybe take a flyer on one of the rookies as a back up late.

You don't throw back that trio of RB's and WR.  They are your best value for sure.  Even with everyone keeping QB's you will be able to get something at 2.01 if there is someone you really want and if not there should be more quality WR/RB on the board because everyone kept QB's.  Let the QB's go and get your 2 starters at RB and WR1.

Users who are viewing this thread