What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sony Michel (1 Viewer)

Switch to running game sparks Patriots' struggling attack

Excerpt:

LANDOVER, Md. -- The running game changed everything for the New England Patriots' offense.

After quarterback Tom Brady tied a career high with 31 pass attempts in the first half, and the attack wasn't operating at peak efficiency, a switch to a Sony Michel-led rushing attack changed the complexion of the game and powered the team to a 33-7 win against the Washington Redskins.

Up to that point, concerns were growing in New England over the state of the offense. Only seven runs were attempted in the first half.

Relying more on the running game was a major shift that helped settle the offense. It also put less on the shoulders of Brady, who was just 8-of-15 on throws within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage in the first half, his lowest such completion percentage in any half this season. Brady was under duress on 4 of 7 of those incompletions, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

The Patriots are now 11-0, including playoffs, when Michel (16 carries, 91 yards) has a rushing touchdown.

Sony Michel ran 18 pass routes in Sunday's Week 5 win over the Redskins.

As noted by Rotoworld alum Mike Clay, his previous career-high was eight, accomplished in last year's Super Bowl against the Rams. Michel drew more targets Sunday (three) than he had in his first four games combined (just one). Seeing Michel branch out is undoubtedly a positive development, though his involvement in the passing game Sunday was probably the result of Rex Burkhead (foot) being absent. James White was still plenty involved as a pass-catcher Sunday, drawing nine targets on 21 routes in the victory over Washington.

SOURCE: Mike Clay on Twitter

Oct 7, 2019, 11:37 AM ET

Burkhead listed as questionable for Thursday night.  Michel's TD chances and new implementation in the passing game with Rex out makes him a must start going forward I think.  

I didn't think he looked that great last week either, despite the stat line.  Looks like he doesn't have any burst.  Let's see how it goes tonight.

Brady is 17 yards and 8 touchdowns behind manning on the career lists.  

He came out of last game early in the fourth so he could pass manning in foxboro against the team that beat him twice. In a nationally televised game.

Gronk in the booth for the first time.  Giants corners are playing awful on short rest. 

And their schedule is home tonight, then away, then home, away, bye, away.  So he has 3 games to get 9 touchdowns if he wants to break the td record at home.  

Honestly think Brady throws 4 touchdowns tonight. Michel could get a bunch of yards and maybe a rushing td but a receiving touchdown might be more likely.  

He looked HORRIBLE on those last two carries. Second year player running like he's 40. BB will toss him to the bench rest of the night, probably.

He's not running when he's getting blocking, when he's getting blocking is an issue, and they just aren't moving the ball.

Probably better off giving Bolden the ball right now if you're NEP.

rockaction said:
He's not running when he's getting blocking, when he's getting blocking is an issue, and they just aren't moving the ball.

Probably better off giving Bolden the ball right now if you're NEP.
Just wonderful, Michel so terrible bolden getting red zone looks

To be fair, Michel has 10.5 points in PPR scoring. I would kill for that for one of my teams. Not great but not horrible. 

Preposterous. Selfish for Brady not to reward the guy whose OL got killed all night. Regardless, can't play Sony anymore. Can't do it. 

He ended up with 113 YFS. He had 123 last week. I get that people drafted him expecting a TD every week. IMO, he’s a buy low. 
I sure as heck hope someone in my league looks at the stats and not watch him play. He looks so terrible. No burst, no ability to break tackles. When burkhead is back you are looking at 10 to 15 carries not the twenty he's been getting

Users who are viewing this thread